RUMOR: Xbox Live and Xbox One OS issues causing delays for post launch games

#1MilesTeg420Posted 10/28/2013 8:41:33 AM
http://doddscientifics.com/2013/10/28/xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-issues-bouncing-about-as-we-approach-launch/

So why do think things are going wrong?

“The system OS and network integration was written by a group of people who do not play games. They don’t understand why things were set up in the ways they were designed by J Allard back in ’05.”

So… what changed?

“Let me get into some technical detail regarding it – on 360, the OS handles all of the party and chat functionality. All you do is hook up the XBL VOiP OS API into your game, and it does most of the work for you. With it results in is a shared experience across multiple entertainment. If you’re watching movies or playing games, you can do it together. However, this system is entirely different on Xbox One. So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online. We are signed in our profiles. Sitting at the home screen, we are considered to be in a “Xbox Party” on the server. There are no more ‘party leaders’. With that said if any one of us decide to start a game, the party is shifted over to that game’s party system. Each game now has their custom written VOIP.” (Pete note: shoutout to thuway!)

“In essence, it is almost EXACTLY how it was on the PS3, and it is in those API “handshakes” that is breaking the online experience.”

I asked if could be fixed soon. He said that anything is possible and Microsoft is obviously working on it but he thinks it will be months, not weeks. Getting online launch games certified is taking so long that it’s pushing games after launch back.
#2Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 8:44:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3RybalPosted 10/28/2013 10:12:35 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Oh well - nothing but bad news for XB1 since E3.

We'll just accept that it's a piece of junk at this point - I mean, do we really need multiple topics on this stuff?

At this point they shouldn't even bother releasing it.....

Nothing but bad news? So the reversals of the policies that were so hated were bad news?
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 10:13:47 AM
Rybal posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
Oh well - nothing but bad news for XB1 since E3.

We'll just accept that it's a piece of junk at this point - I mean, do we really need multiple topics on this stuff?

At this point they shouldn't even bother releasing it.....

Nothing but bad news? So the reversals of the policies that were so hated were bad news?

I'm being sarcastic - and at this point the board is so overrun with Sony fans hating on XB1 it's just easier to agree with them.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 10:17:22 AM
I'm with you Skynet. There is absolutely no point in defending ourselves anymore. It appears the trolls have won.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#6Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 10:18:57 AM
khardbored posted...
I'm with you Skynet. There is absolutely no point in defending ourselves anymore. It appears the trolls have won.

They have.

Even if we could just have a thread or two to be positive about the console or actually talk about the games, but they are hell bent on attacking anything supporting the console, so it's truly impossible.

Oh well.....
---
#7khardboredPosted 10/28/2013 10:20:41 AM
We could make a post talking about how we like the color of the Xbox One and they would come in saying that "It's not even trueblack, lmao@MS for using that color of black"
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#8RyuuHou25Posted 10/28/2013 10:22:01 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
khardbored posted...

They have.

Even if we could just have a thread or two to be positive about the console or actually talk about the games, but they are hell bent on attacking anything supporting the console, so it's truly impossible.

Oh well.....

So where are they in this topic? Do you people even hear yourselves any more? You're blaming phantom people that "supposedly" come into every single topic like this and just bash anything X1 on a constant basis.

The boards have become over run with people like YOU now.

It's a RUMOR for pete sake.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#9Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 10:25:33 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
khardbored posted...

They have.

Oh well.....

So where are they in this topic? Do you people even hear yourselves any more? You're blaming phantom people that "supposedly" come into every single topic like this and just bash anything X1 on a constant basis.

The boards have become over run with people like YOU now.

It's a RUMOR for pete sake.

Lol - seriously? Look at the front page - repeated bashing topics about the 720p rumor, more topics about the Live/OS issue - just because this particular topic isn't flooded with them, doesn't mean what we're saying isn't true.
---
#10JohnHalo343Posted 10/28/2013 10:28:58 AM
I'd still buy this system if the system crashed hourly, games would get spit out at you, Kinect posted naked pics of me on the Internet and showed everyone on my friends list, the internal compartments were prone to spontaneously exploding, and they tacked on an extra $500.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community