What are some reasons to get a One over a PS4?

#1BrockObamaPosted 10/28/2013 8:47:47 AM(edited)
I liked the 360 much more than the PS3 - I didn't even bother purchasing a PS3. This time around, though, I don't see many reasons at all to not get a PS4 instead.

Cons of getting a One:
Can't get a One without a Kinect being forced on you
$100 more than the PS4 - probably because of the Kinect problem
Historically high failure rates at launch compared to Sony
Some games will likely run at 720p on 360, but 1080p on PS4.

Pros of going with the One:

Halo and Titanfall. That's really all I can think of.

I've been a Microsoft supporter for a while, but I just can't figure out a way to justify getting this console over a PS4. Is there anything I'm missing here? Would the best option to be to wait and see if Microsoft drops some of their ridiculous policies, or whether the One has a high failure rate like the 360 did?
#2Dev0311Posted 10/28/2013 8:49:41 AM
XBL
Rumbling trigger buttons
#3MrImpatient35Posted 10/28/2013 8:50:01 AM
Well there shouldn't be any worry about hardware problems similar to RRoD. They made sure of that. Many articles have been written about it.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#4youngskillzPosted 10/28/2013 8:53:12 AM
i'll probably wait for a price drop or buy one used for 400 or less without kinect or something, if the hardware is solid.

we'll see.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#5carljenkPosted 10/28/2013 8:53:45 AM
If you like to pay more for worse graphics.
#6Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/28/2013 8:53:56 AM
Games and those that liked Kinect(yes they really exist). I'm getting a PS4 at launch(and an Xbox One later) but I like Forza and Halo more than any first party game Sony has. The launch is also a lot better games wise.
#7WestSdeNleVrusPosted 10/28/2013 8:54:02 AM
Currently....the only reasons would be if you love the Kinect or if you already paid for the next 5 years of live.
#8Skynet82997Posted 10/28/2013 8:54:48 AM
Just get a PS4 - this topic will be noting but more XB1 bashing, so you're not going to get a serious answer here.

Go with Sony.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#9XBOXvsPCPosted 10/28/2013 8:57:11 AM
PS4 is much pricey with the same library
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/28/2013 9:00:31 AM
BrockObama posted...
I liked the 360 much more than the PS3 - I didn't even bother purchasing a PS3. This time around, though, I don't see many reasons at all to not get a PS4 instead.

Cons of getting a One:
Can't get a One without a Kinect being forced on you
$100 more than the PS4 - probably because of the Kinect problem
Historically high failure rates at launch compared to Sony
Some games will likely run at 720p on 360, but 1080p on PS4.

Pros of going with the One:

Halo and Titanfall. That's really all I can think of.

I've been a Microsoft supporter for a while, but I just can't figure out a way to justify getting this console over a PS4. Is there anything I'm missing here? Would the best option to be to wait and see if Microsoft drops some of their ridiculous policies, or whether the One has a high failure rate like the 360 did?

Your list is silly. You try to list price AND kinect. They are one thing. You pay the extra for Kinect but having it is an advantage, not a disadvantage. Paying for it is a disadvantage, having it is not.

Then you talk about failure rates and how Xbox launches historically do worse... this is absolutely false. All three systems by Sony have been faulty at launch. PS2 had as high of a rate of 50% failures on ARRIVAL and were sued for this in which they lost. PSX and PS3 both were unreliable. Xbox 360 the most unreliable ever but XB1 also one of the most reliable in history. XB360 also came with a 3 year warranty that was pretty ridiculous.

The graphics is certainly inferior on the Xbox and if thats the main thing you care about then the PS4 is the console for you.

In terms of advantages, Kinect is an obvious advantage as well as multitasking. They have more features like SNAP, smartmatch, HDMI Passthrough, facial recogntion, auto scans, extra features and controls for games (leaning in BF4 for example), voice controls and provide free dedicated servers for all third parties as well as Cloud features like MMO worlds but without the subscription fee or Pay to Win model. There is also the rumble triggers, apps like Kinect Fitness, TV integration and bigger list of exclusives.

So yeah, you are trading in a lot of stuff for $100 and better graphics. Whether you care about graphics and money or you care about online gaming, Kinect and features is up to personal preference. Some people think graphics is end all be all, others think its gameplay, others think its money, others think its online.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H