Xbox One will offer a form of backwards compatiblity with Xbox 360 titles

#61NerdimusPrimePosted 10/28/2013 12:28:43 PM
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
So keeping your old console is a "form" of backwards compatibility? I bet you think driving is a form of time travel.

Keeping your old console and hooking it up to your new one, therefore using your new one as a pass through, is a form of BC. The car comment only applies if you're driving a DeLorean.

That is the most asinine example of non-logic I've seen recently. Let's try something simple: Does Xbone play 360 games by itself? DO you need a 360 to play them? Now here's the bit you seem to have the inability to get: If the Xbone doesn't play 360 games on it's own, it's not backwards compatible. If you have to use the 360 to play 360 games, then it is merely an extra HDMI that allows you to use your old console (BTW, MS advises against using the passthough for anything other than TV).

Hopefully I explained this in a simple enough manner for you to understand that using your old console does not equal backwards compatibility.
---
I am a gamer. I play Chess, Checkers, Risk, Scrabble, Poker, Magic, Pool, Horseshoes, DnD, Dominos, and Tic-Tac-Toe, just for starters. I also like video games.
#62Darkpalidin12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 12:31:59 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
So keeping your old console is a "form" of backwards compatibility? I bet you think driving is a form of time travel.

Keeping your old console and hooking it up to your new one, therefore using your new one as a pass through, is a form of BC. The car comment only applies if you're driving a DeLorean.

That is the most asinine example of non-logic I've seen recently. Let's try something simple: Does Xbone play 360 games by itself? DO you need a 360 to play them? Now here's the bit you seem to have the inability to get: If the Xbone doesn't play 360 games on it's own, it's not backwards compatible. If you have to use the 360 to play 360 games, then it is merely an extra HDMI that allows you to use your old console (BTW, MS advises against using the passthough for anything other than TV).

Hopefully I explained this in a simple enough manner for you to understand that using your old console does not equal backwards compatibility.

Maybe I can put this in a simple enough manner for you to understand.
I never said it was true BC.
I admitted it was NOT true BC.
I've said it was a form of BC, no matter how small the Xbox One is in the role of BC, it is still affecting the way the system normally interferes with the TV.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
#63NerdimusPrimePosted 10/28/2013 12:36:42 PM
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...

I've said it was a form of BC, no matter how small the Xbox One is in the role of BC, it is still affecting the way the system normally interferes with the TV.

THE XBONE IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. The only way to play 360 games in by using a 360, that is no form of backwards compatibility at all, it's compatibility with it's native hardware.
---
I am a gamer. I play Chess, Checkers, Risk, Scrabble, Poker, Magic, Pool, Horseshoes, DnD, Dominos, and Tic-Tac-Toe, just for starters. I also like video games.
#64Darkpalidin12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 12:41:02 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
Darkpalidin12 posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...

THE XBONE IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. The only way to play 360 games in by using a 360, that is no form of backwards compatibility at all, it's compatibility with it's native hardware.

I understand you need the original system as I said in my first post. However it DOES interfere with the video signal. Form of BC.
---
#65TerraUniversePosted 10/28/2013 12:47:33 PM(edited)
What you are describing is not in any way, shape or FORM backward compatibility. It has nothing to do with compatibility. Just because you use the phrase "form of backward compatibility" does not mean that a "form of backward compatibility" can mean anything you want. The word "form" means that whatever you're talking about has to be backward compatible. It cannot be outside of the meaning of what you are saying that it is a form of.

A form of Xbox 360 (for example) would be a 4GB Xbox 360 or an Xbox 360 Slim. The Xbox One could never be a "form of Xbox 360" because to be a form of Xbox 360, you must be an Xbox 360.

For something to be a "form of backward compatibility" it must be backward compatible.

Hope that makes sense.
#66streamjumperPosted 10/28/2013 12:46:20 PM
Darkpalidin12 posted...
I understand you need the original system as I said in my first post. However it DOES interfere with the video signal. Form of BC.

When I put my radio next to the running microwave it adds to the signal. Is that backwards compatibility?

How about my neighbor's pacemaker when I nuke popcorn?
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#67Re7elaTioNPosted 10/28/2013 12:48:06 PM
Darkpalidin12 posted...
You cannot use the One's controllers with the 360 titles. You're essentially using the One as a passthrough device. You CAN swap seamlessly between the two though, using the voice commands. Keep your 360's.

Soooo… I have to have 2 sets of controllers, 2 Kinects and 2 consoles to have BC?!?!?!

AND I GET INPUT LAG on top of it?!?!?!?!

What a sweet deal!!!
---
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."
#68NSGraphitePosted 10/28/2013 12:48:50 PM
That is NOT backwards compatibility.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#69tgoldbergPosted 10/28/2013 12:50:17 PM
By your logic, my VCR is backwards compatible with everything.

A passthrough is not a form of BC, no matter how much you stretch the term.
---
The Greatest Top 10 List Ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2086.html
#70Darkpalidin12(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 12:50:24 PM
TerraUniverse posted...
What you are describing is not in any way, shape or FORM backward compatibility. It has nothing to do with compatibility. Just because you use the phrase "form of backward compatibility" does not mean that a "form of backward compatibility" can mean anything you want. The word "form" means that whatever you're talking about has to be backward compatible. It cannot be outside of the meaning of what you are saying that it is a form of.

A form of Xbox 360 (for example) would be a 4GB Xbox 360 or an Xbox 360 Slim. The Xbox One could never be a "form of Xbox 360" because to be a form of Xbox 360, you must be an Xbox 360.

For something to be a "form of backward compatibility" it must be backward compatible.

Hope that makes sense.

My original intention of this topic was to educate consumers on this little cool perk of owning an Xbox One. What I meant is I know it is not hardware backward compatibility, nor should that be the argument of this topic. I'm hoping we can understand that, and focus on this cool feature of the upcoming system. So yes it is not true BC, however isn't it cool you can do it anyways? Thanks for your input.
---