Sony dropping the PS Camera hurt Xbox One bad

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sony dropping the PS Camera hurt Xbox One bad
2 years ago#1
Not only the price difference. Before Sony dropped it, the whole Xbox One and PS4 userbase was going to have a camera. Functions in game likely would have been similar on both consoles for nearly all multiplats.

Now, likely more than half the userbase won't have a camera, so devs aren't likely to utilize it. That means they won't bother creating good Kinect stuff if PS4 doesn't do it out of the box. Combined with Xbox One already taking longer to develop for, devs won't have time to create good Kinect stuff, especially if it won't be a feature utilized on a platform with a higher userbase.

So in short, the removal of the camera got Sony to $399 and hurt the overall Xbox One future features with Kinect as well.
2 years ago#2
What do I care? I'm getting pork chops for dinner.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
2 years ago#3
DarkJaydragon posted...

Hmmmmm pork chops.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
2 years ago#4
Does anyone truly wants to invite the NSA into your home?
---
ES RAM will always be a bottleneck for X1.(resistance is futile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
2 years ago#5
Theyre as hurt as much as the Xbots responding to your thread.
---
:)
2 years ago#6
BloodyDove2vs posted...

XB1 buyers do
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
2 years ago#7
DarkJaydragon posted...

Can you please eat that within view of your Kinect sensor? I'd like to see your dinner.
2 years ago#8
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
BloodyDove2vs posted...

XB1 buyers do

-.-
---
ES RAM will always be a bottleneck for X1.(resistance is futile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
2 years ago#9
I think what really hurt MS most is the fact that right out of the gate SONY announced it was an OPTION, never forced... IF they considered to force it upon us, they decided against that before telling us. Which is totally fine as they were deciding what to do with their console.
When MS decided to NOT force it upon us... they had already told us WE NEEDED IT beforehand...
and it seemed rather reactive than preemptive... which obviously hurt them as all the other 180s they did.

Both cameras serve the same purpose although I do think the Kinect seems to be a bit more tech conducive than the eye.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
2 years ago#10
Dev0311 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Can you please eat that within view of your Kinect sensor? I'd like to see your dinner.

I won't have a kinect until feb-march, I could it in front of my PS4 camera on launch day though?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sony dropping the PS Camera hurt Xbox One bad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived