I am seriously considering an Xbox One over a PS4 this generation

#1icewolf74Posted 10/28/2013 4:31:38 PM(edited)
Been a Playstation gamer since the first days of Playstation. However, I am seriously considering getting an Xbox One over a PS4 now that most 3rd party games are multiplatform, including the venerable Final Fantasy and Castlevania series, my two favorite game series behind Legend of Zelda.

I guess I want to change things up a bit from PS exclusives to Xbox exclusives, what few there are. I am pretty tired of the PS exclusives and want a change of "game scenery, especially since I plan on gaming with my PS3. Besides, having never having owned an Xbox console before, I've never played a Forza game before and Forza 5 is REALLY calling to me. However, I am still worried about all of the 180'ing Microsoft has done and the lack of hardware power compared to the PS4, which kind of stops me from being all-in to committing myself to buying an Xbox One.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy for choosing an Xbox One over a PS4, especially how it seems Microsoft has turned their backs on us gamers? Funny thing is that I do not even have Cable TV nor do I have any movie watching subscriptions, so all of that extra "gimmicky" stuff that the Xbox One is supposed to do, outside of playing videogames, will be useless to me. -_-"
#2Dr WhoopassPosted 10/28/2013 4:32:02 PM
This isn't the place to ask, it's overrun by Sony fanboys. The smartest option is to wait and see how things pan out. But I really doubt you can go wrong with either system, just like with PS3/360.

I personally am going X1 because I trust MS regarding software/internet more, and I really want Forza 5.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#3Decepticon89Posted 10/28/2013 4:32:04 PM
Here's what it should come down to. What games do you want to play? If you want to play games that are exclusive to the Xbox One, then get it. Another thing to consider is what your friends are getting. If you want to play with your friends, have the same console as them.
---
"It's like a party in my mouth, and everyone's throwing up."
#4SilentS89Posted 10/28/2013 4:33:54 PM
Sounds crazy to me bro, but if you want to "change things up" then that is your prerogative.
#5icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 4:36:38 PM(edited)
Decepticon89 posted...
Here's what it should come down to. What games do you want to play? If you want to play games that are exclusive to the Xbox One, then get it. Another thing to consider is what your friends are getting. If you want to play with your friends, have the same console as them.

Unfortunately, I don't have any friends, let alone gamer friends. Been a loner all of my life (I am 38 now). So I play mostly single player games, with an occassional multiplayer like Call of Duty with strangers. Is it still worth getting an Xbox One over a PS4?

As far as the few exclusives for both systems go, I won't lie but the Xbox One launch exclusives look much more interesting than the one PS4 launch exclusive [Killzone: Shadow Fall] that is going to be available in a few short weeks.
#6Dev0311Posted 10/28/2013 4:36:27 PM
Yeah, TC you hella crazy
#7MmaguyPosted 10/28/2013 4:36:38 PM
It's all about the games and features.

I'm getting both (eventually), but Xbox One is my starter console. It has the better launch games in my opinion, with better features and just overall more interesting.

If you are only getting one console the whole generation, then I'd highly suggest waiting a few more months and seeing how they do at launch and the future of the systems. Or, just get the one with the games/features that interest you the most.
#8icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 4:38:29 PM
Mmaguy posted...
It's all about the games and features.

I'm getting both (eventually), but Xbox One is my starter console. It has the better launch games in my opinion, with better features and just overall more interesting.

If you are only getting one console the whole generation, then I'd highly suggest waiting a few more months and seeing how they do at launch and the future of the systems. Or, just get the one with the games/features that interest you the most.

Okay. I cannot afford a launch console anyways. However, I will keep my eye out on both consoles to see which one I will eventually get based on the exclusives and how well it is doing, sales wise. Thanks. :)
#9Soar2344Posted 10/28/2013 4:40:28 PM
Do what you will because I don't see a problem with it. It's you're money so get the console on what you think gives you more value.
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X and Y board
#10StrongBlackVinePosted 10/28/2013 4:41:24 PM
Enjoy 720p multiplats and support being dropped about 4 years in...