#271benjimainPosted 10/29/2013 8:20:00 AM
I'm only posting facts.
#272blitz_0623Posted 10/29/2013 8:20:21 AM
XBOXvsPC posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
benjimain posted...
chrish909 posted...
Theres something about the ps4 version that just makes it worse than the x1version, I cant quite put my finger on It tho.

Yeah it's called denial and reassurance in the face of every single gaming media outlet on the entire globe stating the PS4 version is objectively superior, even in light of DF botching the comparison and upping the contrast and sharpness on the Bone version.

Not denying anything - yes, it's a bit better in some respects, but not the slam dunk Sony fanboys were expecting.
Watching them side by side, they both look great! I would be very happy with either one.
Very impressive on both consoles - gets me excited for a big leap in quality from the current gen!

Let me tell you something - Sony fanboys themselves know there wouldn't be any "slam dunk" differences between the 2 versions. They're called fanboys for a reason and they will find each and every detail that will show the PS4 version's superiority.
Not that X1 fanboys are any different, but in their defense, their version is supposed to be "inferior".
And then you have some PC elitists who will do EXACTLY what the PS4 fanboys and nitpick every detail to show how PC is obviously the best version which is NO secret.
With all that aside, Digital Foundry has admitted to "doctoring" the Xbox One version. Take it as you will, but it seems they *may* have tried to make it look better. I know I'm late with this information but here it is: (inb4neogaf even tho the poster is clearly from DF)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ycN0re_5A
If DF is the problem, this channel has tons of X1 and PS4 footage. See and judge for yourself

I never said DF is the problem. I just pointed out that if some think the X1 version looks like what they saw in that comparison video, then they might want to know it may not look like that when they actually play it.

Thanks for posting that link
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#273Exodus_PrimePosted 10/29/2013 8:21:11 AM
benjimain posted...
khardbored posted...
I highly suggest you really analyze the videos. There is no way the PS4 version is half better than the Xbox One. Sorry, but no. Not by any stretch. On paper, sure, but when you compare what is on paper with what really happens, well...

900p has 50% more resolution than 720p. This is a fact.

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#274XBOXvsPCPosted 10/29/2013 8:21:51 AM
benjimain posted...
khardbored posted...
There is not a 50% difference when you watch the gameplay, despite what the resolution differences should be.

You're right. There's more than 50% when you factor the 50% greater resolution IN ADDITION to the higher framerate and more framerate stability.
Please do not be fooled by DF's self-admitted botching of the Xbone sharpness and colour saturation to give it a greater texture appearance. Textures are equal, with some effects like background clouds, camouflage, etc, missing on the Xbone version.
Have a nice day :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ycN0re_5A
no excuses now, not DF. Xbox looks better than the washed one. Fact
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#275Skynet82997Posted 10/29/2013 8:22:16 AM
benjimain posted...
khardbored posted...
There is not a 50% difference when you watch the gameplay, despite what the resolution differences should be.

You're right. There's more than 50% when you factor the 50% greater resolution IN ADDITION to the higher framerate and more framerate stability.

Please do not be fooled by DF's self-admitted botching of the Xbone sharpness and colour saturation to give it a greater texture appearance. Textures are equal, with some effects like background clouds, camouflage, etc, missing on the Xbone version.

Have a nice day :)

No one is fooled. DF isn't the only footage out there.

The IGN footage looks the same - but I suppose they purposely botched it too?

Seriously, just look at the topics here today - it's VERY easy to see who the die hard fanboys who just won't give an inch are - even when presented with actual footage, they'll claim it's doctored, or messed up in some way.

Ridiculous - both version look GREAT! I would be thrilled with either one.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#276regsantotomasPosted 10/29/2013 8:25:07 AM
Skynet82997 posted...

Is that allowed? I was told that I must wallow in my misery.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#277Skynet82997Posted 10/29/2013 8:26:48 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Is that allowed? I was told that I must wallow in my misery.

Lol - probably not. We'll just have to agree to be miserable then! ; )
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#278EcotronPosted 10/29/2013 8:31:49 AM
Ps4 is just darker... same as this gen mostly lighting differences...
#279Reflex-ArcPosted 10/29/2013 8:32:36 AM(edited)
My only gripe on this subject is that there are eleventy million topics on the subject. While I appreciate the fact that it's at least a different set of inane complaint points than the usual, it's still rather annoying. It's kind of like replacing the pain of a migraine with that of a swift kick in the junk.

Read the board, people. If there's already a topic on the subject you wish to discuss, post in that. It greatly reduces the clutter and makes the board a better place. :)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#280benjimainPosted 10/29/2013 8:40:30 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
No one is fooled. DF isn't the only footage out there.

The IGN footage looks the same - but I suppose they purposely botched it too?

Seriously, just look at the topics here today - it's VERY easy to see who the die hard fanboys who just won't give an inch are - even when presented with actual footage, they'll claim it's doctored, or messed up in some way.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/digital-foundry-admits-botching-battlefield-4-ps4-xb1-video-capature-1994864/

Have a nice day!