Here it is. BF4 PS4 vs Xbox One.

#321BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 10:19:21 AM
UnquietSlumbers posted...
zmouse posted...
SS_MetalSonic posted...
the xbox 1 version looked better to me.

Yea same here, the ps4 version seemed to be on the gray side while the x1 was more colorful and brighter.

Here comes the reassurance and outright
Xbot lies! Hilarious!

Facts are facts, gentlemen.

There there! 720p isn't all that bad...

*laughs hysterically*

Umm... have you watched the footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8XqWRACk2zY

The 720p in many cases looks better than the 900p version. Tiny details (like the cables) suffer from the lower rez - but at the end of the day, the X1 tends to look sharper. If you don't worship one box or the other, you don't have to go into denial. It's okay to admit that the rez argument isn't mattering all that much here.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#322Ramsus082Posted 10/29/2013 10:47:51 AM
Both versions look great. Can't go wrong with 60fps, either. But there'd be less trolling if there were less people claiming that the X1 version is better. It's not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it doesn't mesh with literally every single industry analysis, maybe it's time to reassess what we're looking at.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#323TreGoodaPosted 10/29/2013 10:57:54 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's is quite amusing watching console players argue over which version of Battlefield looks better.

It's like watching peasants argue over who's table scraps taste better ^_^

X1 looks better in this comparison

I have 2 gaming pcs at home.

What now?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#324Ramsus082Posted 10/29/2013 11:06:22 AM
Regardless of your differing tastes for non-technical visual effects like contrast or whatever, it's clear that the PS4 version is technically....just better. This tech gap means that we'll be seeing it in game comparisons more often.
---
#325khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:21:38 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Both versions look great. Can't go wrong with 60fps, either. But there'd be less trolling if there were less people claiming that the X1 version is better. It's not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when it doesn't mesh with literally every single industry analysis, maybe it's time to reassess what we're looking at.

Thanks. I never knew an opinion on such a subjective thing could have a wrong answer.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#326Ramsus082Posted 10/29/2013 1:30:23 PM
If you thought that the X1 was the superior version against the entire industry consensus, that that wouldn't be a little strange? At they very least you'd have to call their credibility into question, right? They're either misleading us, or they're mistaken. Either way, that undermines their site, doesn't it?
---
#327Board_hunter567Posted 10/29/2013 6:12:49 PM(edited)
Ramsus082 posted...
Regardless of your differing tastes for non-technical visual effects like contrast or whatever, it's clear that the PS4 version is technically....just better. This tech gap means that we'll be seeing it in game comparisons more often.

These comparisons were botched from the very start.
PS4 is too washed out, X1 is too dark and lacks AO (which is apparently only missing in the press build, so who knows what else is missing), neither use final builds, compression artifacts and other capturing mishaps in the videos, etc.

But aside from the framerate, resolution, and the different textures the PS4 version uses (only X1 and PC use the same assets) both versions appear near identical to me and probably thousands of others. They're close enough to where you could show two unlabeled videos or pictures side by and no one would be able tell which version was which anyway, and neither are good enough to the point where you could confuse them for the PC version.
#328stevieb1234567Posted 10/30/2013 12:13:01 AM
U guys r funny.. every single professional game jornalist clearly stated the differences that ps4 was better. So who am i supposed to believe. Bunch of idiots on gamefaqs or people that do this for a living. Also bunch of os problems with the xbox. Y u think were hearing nothing from microsoft. Lol there f.o.s. the embargos that they have tell u something to. Hopefully more time to optimize but aint gonna happen.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#329khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 7:53:16 AM
stevieb1234567 posted...
U guys r funny.. every single professional game jornalist clearly stated the differences that ps4 was better. So who am i supposed to believe. Bunch of idiots on gamefaqs or people that do this for a living. Also bunch of os problems with the xbox. Y u think were hearing nothing from microsoft. Lol there f.o.s. the embargos that they have tell u something to. Hopefully more time to optimize but aint gonna happen.

Well, that just isn't true. Gametrailers said they were "hard pressed to notice any differences between PS4 and Xbox One". And GT is a widely trusted source.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/tigwd0/battlefield-4-xbox-one-preview
At about the 50 second mark.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#330stevieb1234567Posted 10/30/2013 8:30:47 AM
khardbored posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Well, that just isn't true. Gametrailers said they were "hard pressed to notice any differences between PS4 and Xbox One". And GT is a widely trusted source.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/tigwd0/battlefield-4-xbox-one-preview
At about the 50 second mark.

Ok so everyone but gametrailers woohoo. Honestly it doesnt matter but u know there sweating. We havent heard a thing from then and there embargo tells me theres problems and r rushing to fix.
---
Posted using GameFlux