Am I the only one who can't tell the difference?

#1pigman2003Posted 10/29/2013 3:20:37 AM
I watched a side by side comparison of the Battlefield 4 gameplay for the Xbox One and PS4 and aside from one being darker and one being lighter I honestly couldn't tell the difference with the video cranked to 1080p.

If that's how close graphics are going to be then the whole graphics argument is mute to me.
#2Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/29/2013 3:23:44 AM
There's a difference but in some places the Xbox One version actually does look better despite being in a lower res and neither are 1080p.
#3steelix55Posted 10/29/2013 3:30:33 AM
No, you aren't the only one, and anyone that thought there was going to be a DRASTIC difference between the two consoles is/was either a fanboy, or uninformed. Both systems will run multiplats almost identical, especially as the generation goes on. Some of PS4's exclusives will look really amazing like The Last of Us on PS3, but XO will have its own exclusives that look amazing like Halo 4 on 360. This generation is going to be just like the last. Get which ever system you think has the better controller, exclusives, or online network. Or if you are like me, just get both.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#4Veemon_XPosted 10/29/2013 3:32:07 AM
I really can't tell a difference either outside of color brightness. At some points, it looks like the XBox One is brighter, and at others the PS4 is brighter. I don't see these "jaggies", but I do see straws.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/08/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-a-simulation-of-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p/

What's important is they both look great and they run at the same speed from the videos I saw, despite whatever techniques are being used for the XBox One version.
---
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! ~Sheogorath
#5Skynet82997Posted 10/29/2013 3:33:29 AM
Both look amazing! Very psyched!

The XB1 version looks a bit brighter, and the PS4 version has a bit more smoothness to surfaces and less dithering, but only a tiny bit.

Both look near identical. : )
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#6DaddyKojoPosted 10/29/2013 3:33:35 AM
pigman2003 posted...
I watched a side by side comparison of the Battlefield 4 gameplay for the Xbox One and PS4 and aside from one being darker and one being lighter I honestly couldn't tell the difference with the video cranked to 1080p.

If that's how close graphics are going to be then the whole graphics argument is mute to me.

When I first watched IGN's comparison, my mind just naturally assigned PS4 to the left side of the screen and XB1 to the right. I was all "wow--it really does look better on PS4." Then I actually bothered to read the words at the top of the screen. Lol.

On closer inspection, I decided that the PS4 version just needs to be color-balanced. I did notice the occasional jaggy in the XB1 version. Other than knowing that the XB1 version is running at a lower res, which is disappointing, I don't think the visual gap is very wide at all. I'd go so far as to say that you wouldn't know which was which if they weren't sitting right next to each other.
#7LapanuiPosted 10/29/2013 3:38:46 AM
There are only slight differences, but you actually have to zoom in to see them. The 720p looks like it has a few jaggies, not drastic, compared to the 900p.

I they look like this at launch, I don't see the reason in going for different versions. You aren't going to stop and look at the detail every single time you play the game. Most people will play through the game once and that's it. When I play a game, I do enjoy looking at the environment, but I don't stare at the grass to check for jagged edges...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#8SoulTrapperPosted 10/29/2013 3:39:39 AM
The difference in visuals will be quite minor due to upscaling, but the jaggies do make a pretty noticable difference.
#9MashYouGoodPosted 10/29/2013 3:40:34 AM
Graphics whores are like cancer to this pastime.
#10s2goodPosted 10/29/2013 3:45:50 AM
I actually thought the Xbone looked better in bits. I really couldn't tell the difference in most parts tho TBF.
---
PSN = Dragon--Punch Gamertag = Sonic B0000M
PS4 & Xbox One Pre Ordered And Paid For. Wii U = Sold