Thinking about canceling my XBox One pre-order. Am I making a mistake?

#11EliteGuard99Posted 10/29/2013 6:15:26 AM
If you do TC, you won't be a true Xboner like the rest of us, so you'll have to fork over your Xboner card.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!
#12DaddyKojoPosted 10/29/2013 6:33:47 AM
pooter posted...
Sure, it's the stupid-ass name I chose for myself.

I was hoping there'd be more pro-One responses on the the Xbox One board. :) I think that if Xbox exclusives do come to the PC, there's really not much reason for me to get one....

Meh.

If you're not interested in DR3, Forza, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, the XB controller, Kinect, or the multimedia features, then you might as well keep your PS4 for your blu-ray player. If any of those things do interest you, then join us on the XB1. We'll be happy to have you.
#13xninjagrrlPosted 10/29/2013 6:36:13 AM
DaddyKojo posted...
pooter posted...

I was hoping there'd be more pro-One responses on the the Xbox One board. :) I think that if Xbox exclusives do come to the PC, there's really not much reason for me to get one....

Meh.

If you're not interested in DR3, Forza, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, the XB controller, Kinect, or the multimedia features, then you might as well keep your PS4 for your blu-ray player. If any of those things do interest you, then join us on the XB1. We'll be happy to have you.

I thought the PS4 didnt play blu ray or something dumb
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#14nableetPosted 10/29/2013 6:49:09 AM
I think soultrapper covers it very well.

The other questions would be:

1) where are your friends going? (If you have any, or care about playing together that is)
2) do you prefer the type of exclusives on 360 or PS3? I would imagine Sony will get more Japanese games, whilst Xbox tends to get more shooters.
3) do you care for Kinect?
4) does $100 matter to you?
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#15khardboredPosted 10/29/2013 6:59:03 AM
pooter posted...
I had the PS2 and original Xbox the day both were released. I bought the PS3 and 360 they day those were released. I have a pre-order for the PS4 and One, and I'm having second thoughts.

The problem is I feel like the PS4 has better hardware and a lot of my friends are jumping ship from the 360 to the PS4.

If I only get one system, it'll come down to 3 things:

1. Most importantly, which will have the best exclusives (including what i can't get on the PC)

This is very subjective. But if you listen to the majority of people, it goes like this.
360 had an awesome lineup for the first few years. The PS3 then swooped in with some really, really awesome offerings.
While I am a Microsoft supporter, I give the exclusives to the PS4, later on. Currently, the One seems to have inched ahead.

2. Will the apparent hardware differences between the PS4 and One be more and more apparent down the road?

I believe so, yes. As much as I would love to say my console of choice is going to be the clear winner in this, I don't think it will.
I think the exclusives to each console will be noticeably different. I give the graphic fidelity edge to the PS4 throughout it's cycle.
By how much, I couldn't say. But it will be there, I am sure.

3. If 1 & 2 are clear advantages for the PS4, will One's entertainment features be worth it? My wife and I need a new blu ray player, and we do a lot of streaming services like Netflix, HBO Go, etc.

Both consoles have a Bluray player. I've left my 360 on for days at a time, streaming, playing with no issues. My PS3 didn't fair too well as it would randomly shut down, lose connection to my TV and get rather hot. The Kinect is shaping up to be a really worthwhile experience this time. Loads of features are possible with it and since it will be included with every XOne, developers will be utilizing it in rather creative ways.

If I don't get one at launch, it'll primarily be because of #1. If a great exclusive comes out later next year, I may take the plunge.

This is all up to you. Both consoles have strong offerings at launch as well as down the road. Where I have had nothing but good experiences with my Xbox, I've had an equally enjoyable time with my PS3. But I have faith in the Xbox brand and trust them to help provide me with the experience I want.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#16pooter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:00:52 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
DaddyKojo posted...
pooter posted...

Meh.

I thought the PS4 didnt play blu ray or something dumb

You need to install the day 1 patch to play blu rays, I think.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: Pooler
PSN: Pooter03
#17GGscrubPosted 10/29/2013 7:03:37 AM
At this point the only reason to buy an Xbone is if you are interested in Kinect and multimedia features, which are both far from the essence of gaming(quality games).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ
#18synePosted 10/29/2013 7:10:44 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Does anyone take these topics seriously?

I mean REALLY. Does anyone actually come on to this website to ask a question for which they cannot make their own mind up on?

So basically you don't want anyone to take your to post seriously.

Because you actually come on to this website to ask a question for which you cannot make up your own mind up on.
#19gumbyxcore99Posted 10/29/2013 7:13:37 AM
Sony makes terrible games. Not one of their franchises is notable or stands out in anyway.
---
(C)1998 PS4 DEFENcE FORZE
#20pooter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 7:18:50 AM
I hate to say it but I'm waffling back in the other direction. PS4 has no exclusives I want coming out this year and i'll probably use the entertainment features more on the One. I play most of my games on the PC anyway. I still have a few weeks, I'm sure I'll flip flop a few more times.
---
XBox Live Gamertag: Pooler
PSN: Pooter03