So I guess all that talk about the power of the cloud was all a sham then?

#21embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 6:46:05 AM
Rocket science.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#22ILikesCheesePosted 11/1/2013 6:58:19 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
How am I supossed to trust anything those MS rep tools say anymore? This reminds me of blast processing on the Sega Genesis.

You really have to keep a level head and do some researching on your own. NEVER believe the sales-hype a company spins on its product. NEVER! Microsoft has been especially bad this year with their promises for the Xbox One for many reasons, but EVERY company does this to some degree. (Remember Sony's magical claims for the "Cell Processor" back in 2005? Or how "revolutionary" Nintendo promised their Tablet controller for the Wii U would be? Same style of crap shoveling.)

You have to educate yourself as a consumer, investigate the hard facts, and then make an informed purchasing decision. NEVER believe a company's carnival pitch men. They bend, stretch, and outright break the truth in order to take your money. Basically what Fanboys around here do for free. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#23EllesarienPosted 11/1/2013 7:10:44 AM
It's weird that 'gamers' believe the max peak of a console is at launch.

I guess that is just a new requirement this gen...for one console.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#24Special-EddPosted 11/1/2013 7:32:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25KolanifvPosted 11/1/2013 1:24:59 PM
Um, yes. The only people that fell for the power of the cloud were the hardest of hardcore Microsoft apologists. Anyone that knew anything about cloud computing knew that it couldn't feasibly do what MS was claiming that it could do for One games.
#26embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 2:00:05 PM
http://n4g.com/news/1385219/xbox-one-the-power-of-the-cloud-and-global-failure
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#27Darkside_ShadowPosted 11/1/2013 2:37:57 PM
Kolanifv posted...
Um, yes. The only people that fell for the power of the cloud were the hardest of hardcore Microsoft apologists. Anyone that knew anything about cloud computing knew that it couldn't feasibly do what MS was claiming that it could do for One games.

This
#2895_EclipsePosted 11/1/2013 2:39:17 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
BF4 doesn't use cloud processing from Azure.

And it may be 720p but it obviously has better upscaling to make both versions nearly identical.

Shouldn't we be asking if "50% more power" is a sham?

That 50% more power is bringing you about 2.5x as many pixels.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#2995_EclipsePosted 11/1/2013 2:41:12 PM
Ellesarien posted...
It's weird that 'gamers' believe the max peak of a console is at launch.

I guess that is just a new requirement this gen...for one console.

As for this, the gap is usually small between last gen and new gen, but with general parady between the same gen consoles. This time, there is a gap in the same gen consoles, right from the jump. It's likely only to get worse as they start pushing them.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#30Dev0311Posted 11/1/2013 2:42:22 PM
Kolanifv posted...

Well can't the cloud at least help with outputting higher resolution?