So it was true then, everyone's first person shooter of choice is only 720p :(

#31jon davisPosted 10/29/2013 8:06:54 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
EpicVGKing posted...
How sad that both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts will only be 720p on the Xbox One. :(

Why is this a big deal again?

8 years after the release of the 360 = 720p, all for $500!*

Nice.

*At launch for a developer that is hardly familiar with the architecture of the platform while simultaneously developing for 2 other systems along with a myriad of other projects.

Game is fine, games will be fine and you're a sensationalist troll who lacks even the most rudementary critical thinking skills.

And yet the PS 3 was mocked into oblivion because the devs were "hardly familiar with the architecture"
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#32jon davisPosted 10/29/2013 8:07:51 AM
triple s posted...
jon davis posted...
triple s posted...
I'm a PC gamer too, and you are in full reassurance mode if you find this acceptable. 1080p is clearly better than 720p, ask anyone without a mental handicap which they would prefer.

1080p vs 720p as a RESOLUTION is superior. Graphics are more than just resolution. I can play the Wii version of Call of Duty in 1080p through emulation but guess what? Doesn't look better than the sub-720p 360 version. So I guess graphics are about more than just resolution....

Why aren't you angry that a supposed next gen machine can't do 1080? It's this "i don't care i can get 1080 60 frames elsewhere" attitude that lets MS away with things.

Because last I checked, I wasn't forced to buy anything I didn't "want".

Still buying a less technically capable (than it should be and you know it) machine.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#33triple sPosted 10/29/2013 8:17:52 AM
Still buying a less technically capable (than it should be and you know it) machine.

And? What part don't you get that I'm buying both? I tend to always go for whatever version is the best version anyways. I bought most multiplatform games on the 360(until I got into PC gaming a few years back) but when the PS3 had a clearly better version(Final Fantasy 13) I went with that. So this coming gen, if the PS4 has a clearly superior version of a console exclusive....I'll get the PS4 version believe or not. Still doesn't change that as of now, the Xbox One will be the first of the two I will get due to it having more games I want on it. I know you're trolling and really have no reason to respond to you but you're getting pretty pathetic in your attempts.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#34jon davisPosted 10/29/2013 8:21:49 AM
triple s posted...

And? What part don't you get that I'm buying both? I tend to always go for whatever version is the best version anyways. I bought most multiplatform games on the 360(until I got into PC gaming a few years back) but when the PS3 had a clearly better version(Final Fantasy 13) I went with that. So this coming gen, if the PS4 has a clearly superior version of a console exclusive....I'll get the PS4 version believe or not. Still doesn't change that as of now, the Xbox One will be the first of the two I will get due to it having more games I want on it. I know you're trolling and really have no reason to respond to you but you're getting pretty pathetic in your attempts.

Wow straight to the trolling button eh? Excuse me for trying to have a ******* discussion with what i assumed to be one of the more reasonable people here.
---
#35Gamer4e4Posted 10/29/2013 8:26:21 AM
Everyone's?

I wouldn't have this game free, let alone pay for it. (Same for CoD)
#36triple sPosted 10/29/2013 8:37:28 AM(edited)
jon davis posted...
triple s posted...

Wow straight to the trolling button eh? Excuse me for trying to have a ******* discussion with what i assumed to be one of the more reasonable people here.

No, you're really not one of the more reasonable people here. I'm not some ****ing 10 year old kid that only has $500 to spend on one console and be stuck with it for the next 5 years. I know the difference between 1080p and 720p so I don't get why you're trying to educate me on the obvious. Ultimately what I buy and what I play is none of your concern and quite frankly don't give a damn about what you have to say and all you do is come off as some insecure troll because I don't think the Xbox One is a a disaster of a system like you seem to think.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#37triple sPosted 10/29/2013 8:36:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38XBOXvsPCPosted 10/29/2013 8:38:30 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
EpicVGKing posted...
How sad that both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts will only be 720p on the Xbox One. :(

It is! If the Xbox can beat the PS4 with miserable 720p so be it. ESRAM is magic
---
"Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!" - Tony Montana
#39schmarkenheimerPosted 10/29/2013 8:41:20 AM(edited)
Sniper_Brosef posted...
schmarkenheimer posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
EpicVGKing posted...

8 years after the release of the 360 = 720p, all for $500!*

Nice.

*At launch for a developer that is hardly familiar with the architecture of the platform while simultaneously developing for 2 other systems along with a myriad of other projects.

Game is fine, games will be fine and you're a sensationalist troll who lacks even the most rudementary critical thinking skills.

You have a GPU in the 260X (X670 equivalent might I remind you) that can play 1080p medium settings/1600x900 high reasonably well. Now we're talking about a console, with all that "close to the metal" "dev optimisation!!1!!!!" etc etc and it's 720p? You don't see anything wrong with waiting 8 years for that? Oh well. Let's keep in mind that it's ~50% more power in terms of gflops (~1.97 v 1.31, easy perspective, yes I know it's not a perfect comparison).

I'm glad then that some are saying that there's not much between the the PS4 and the X1 are right. I guess that the PS4 pushing ~56% more pixels while having better AA means nothing while "only" being 40% more powerful (in terms of gflops). Oh yeah and let's not forget it's at launch for a developer that is hardly familiar with the architecture of the platform while simultaneously developing for 2 other systems along with a myriad of other projects.

I also forgot, it's okay because it's the cheaper of the two systems, so you can expect some compromises in certain areas of its main function. Thank goodness for the lower price eh? Wait.....

---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#40Flybn11Posted 10/29/2013 8:40:31 AM
EpicVGKing posted...

What matters is the games bro. Screw the graphics. Funny how BF4 is apparently 720p on Xbox and it still looks slightly better than the PS4.