So it was true then, everyone's first person shooter of choice is only 720p :(

#41jon davisPosted 10/29/2013 8:43:51 AM
triple s posted...
jon davis posted...
triple s posted...
Still buying a less technically capable (than it should be and you know it) machine.

And? What part don't you get that I'm buying both? I tend to always go for whatever version is the best version anyways. I bought most multiplatform games on the 360(until I got into PC gaming a few years back) but when the PS3 had a clearly better version(Final Fantasy 13) I went with that. So this coming gen, if the PS4 has a clearly superior version of a console exclusive....I'll get the PS4 version believe or not. Still doesn't change that as of now, the Xbox One will be the first of the two I will get due to it having more games I want on it. I know you're trolling and really have no reason to respond to you but you're getting pretty pathetic in your attempts.

Wow straight to the trolling button eh? Excuse me for trying to have a ******* discussion with what i assumed to be one of the more reasonable people here.

No, you're really not one of the more reasonable people here. I'm not some ****ing 10 year old kid that only has $500 to spend on one console and be stuck with it for the next 5 years. I know the difference between 1080p and 720p so I don't get why you're trying to educate me on the obvious. Ultimately what I buy and what I play is none of your concern and quite frankly don't give a damn about what you have to say and all you do is come off as some insecure troll because I don't think the Xbox One is a a disaster of a system like you seem to think.

You arrogant bastard. I meant you seemed more reasonable. And im not trying to educate you on anything, i don't understand why people willing lay back and let companies get away with murder, i want to shake apologists and demand they do something other than grab ankle on issues like this.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#42triple sPosted 10/29/2013 8:52:36 AM
You arrogant bastard. I meant you seemed more reasonable. And im not trying to educate you on anything, i don't understand why people willing lay back and let companies get away with murder, i want to shake apologists and demand they do something other than grab ankle on issues like this.

Dude, it comes down to games for me and the Xbox One has games I'm interested in. There's a $100 price difference between the two and can understand one going with the PS4 because of this(along with it being more powerful) Would I rather pay $350 for a Kinect-less Xbox One? Yes I would but knowing me, I can see myself actually eventually getting one anyways. Though I appreciate you saying that I come off as one of the more reasonable people, then I hope you can understand why I would say that the way you were coming off is trolling. I don't go by, "console of choice" as I eventually get them all like I have since the SNES/Genesis era.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#43jon davisPosted 10/29/2013 8:58:18 AM
triple s posted...

Dude, it comes down to games for me and the Xbox One has games I'm interested in. There's a $100 price difference between the two and can understand one going with the PS4 because of this(along with it being more powerful) Would I rather pay $350 for a Kinect-less Xbox One? Yes I would but knowing me, I can see myself actually eventually getting one anyways. Though I appreciate you saying that I come off as one of the more reasonable people, then I hope you can understand why I would say that the way you were coming off is trolling. I don't go by, "console of choice" as I eventually get them all like I have since the SNES/Genesis era.

That is the first reasonable answer i have seen on this board. Respect to you on your console choices.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#44Dev0311Posted 10/29/2013 9:20:16 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
EpicVGKing posted...
How sad that both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts will only be 720p on the Xbox One. :(

Why is this a big deal again?

Cause you can spend $100 less and get the same games with better resolutions for your nice 1080p HDTV.
#45AzaneAzerPosted 10/29/2013 9:21:44 AM
I love how the last 2 weeks has been "NO THE XBONE WILL BE 1080p STOP SPREADING RUMORS"

To now
"I can't see the difference!", which is pretty funny, because the gap between the Xbone and Ps4 is LARGER than the gap between the ps3 and ps4.
#46triple sPosted 10/29/2013 9:30:09 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
I love how the last 2 weeks has been "NO THE XBONE WILL BE 1080p STOP SPREADING RUMORS"

To now
"I can't see the difference!", which is pretty funny, because the gap between the Xbone and Ps4 is LARGER than the gap between the ps3 and ps4.

It's no worse than 360/PS3 fans saying they could barely tell the difference between 720p console games against the 1080p maxed out PC versions. It goes both ways. Based on the side by side video, it is hard to see a difference in motion but you'll most likely see the difference if playing the PS4 version for a while and then going to the Xbox One version. Thing is, I don't see a whole lot of people doing that. They'll get either version and stop worrying about resolutions.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#47gaming_yakuzaPosted 10/29/2013 9:48:28 AM
Who cares, first person shooters are so boring and stale, stopped playing them a few years ago as they are all identical. I'll be buying next gen for the interesting games that will be coming out such as Dead Rising 3, only on Xbox One :)
#48ACx7Posted 10/29/2013 9:50:33 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Masterchief5525 posted...
There is nothing wrong with 720p

Almost every game last gen was sub 720p up scaled to 1080 and they looked that good. Too many whiners

No, "looking good" is running a game on a display's native resolution. I have had a 1080p for over 5 years, it's about time consoles have caught up.

1080p compared to 720p upscaled is vastly different on a native 1080p display.

Looking good is not sacrificing detail to force a higher resolution. As you can see with BF4 neither of these systems will run all launch titles at 1080p while keeping a steady FPS. It will take a couple of tries for developers to get used to developing for the new consoles. When they do they will be able to properly optimize the game for each console. Until then you will have to deal with upscaling on both systems. Or buy a PC. Which, since you seem to care so much about graphics, would probably be your best choice.
#49MetroidFan9999Posted 10/29/2013 10:02:57 AM
ACx7 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

Almost every game last gen was sub 720p up scaled to 1080 and they looked that good. Too many whiners

No, "looking good" is running a game on a display's native resolution. I have had a 1080p for over 5 years, it's about time consoles have caught up.

Looking good is not sacrificing detail to force a higher resolution. As you can see with BF4 neither of these systems will run all launch titles at 1080p while keeping a steady FPS. It will take a couple of tries for developers to get used to developing for the new consoles. When they do they will be able to properly optimize the game for each console. Until then you will have to deal with upscaling on both systems. Or buy a PC. Which, since you seem to care so much about graphics, would probably be your best choice.

Come again? This is the only sub-1080p PS4 game, and they surely aren't sacrificing much on 1080p for their other titles.

And sorry, the ESRAM will be a MAJOR hurdle for developers in bringing 1080p titles in with AA and deferred processing, the size is just too small for it.

So keep on believing the "magic sauce".
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#50ACx7Posted 10/29/2013 10:10:03 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
ACx7 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...

Come again? This is the only sub-1080p PS4 game, and they surely aren't sacrificing much on 1080p for their other titles.

And sorry, the ESRAM will be a MAJOR hurdle for developers in bringing 1080p titles in with AA and deferred processing, the size is just too small for it.

So keep on believing the "magic sauce".

Yes. A hurdle. Just like the Cell Processor was a hurdle. IT took multiplatform devs years to get used to developing for the PS3. But they did. Funny how that works.