Halo: Spartan Assault coming this December

#1regsantotomasPosted 10/29/2013 8:43:00 AM
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/games/halospartanassault#

HALO LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE

For Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

Enlist as a Spartan soldier and sharpen your tactical skills in battle! Set between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, is a new chapter within the award-winning Halo universe. Spanning over 30 missions in vibrant, dangerous worlds, dive deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars and the origins of the Spartan Ops program.

Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis in simulation training aboard the UNSC Infinity, as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces. You can also join with a fellow Spartan in a Co-op battle against the Flood.

WHAT YOU'LL FIND ONLY ON XBOX ONE AND XBOX 360

Play longer than ever in a new online Co-op mode, and watch each other's backs with all-new Co-op missions*
Engage in Operation Hydra, the expansion from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 game that brings mystery and a chilling addition to the single player Campaign
Wage war against a persistent and overwhelming enemy encounter the Flood for the first time in Halo: Spartan Assault
Go in strong with an expanded arsenal that brings you more weapons, more armor abilities, and more upgrades it's the ultimate Spartan Assault experience!
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#2YumeOMiruPosted 10/29/2013 8:46:39 AM
Looks like an iOS game, oh wait............
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#3TonyKojimaPosted 10/29/2013 8:46:45 AM
lol No one is buying this.
---
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/29/2013 8:53:25 AM
Its just an indie-style game. I would love this. I hate tablet controls... they suck. These type of games are made for dual analogs. Since its made by the Halo people, it will actually have some polish behind it compared to say, Gatling Gears, which was pretty mediocre.

They are obviously making it better for the consoles since those are real systems. Added an expansion, co-op mode and probably upping the graphics with better controls.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5SavageTrooperPosted 10/29/2013 8:54:37 AM
YumeOMiru posted...
Looks like an iOS game, oh wait............

Haha just because it's a phone game, doesn't mean it will be bad.
#6Dev0311Posted 10/29/2013 9:02:37 AM
How the hell do you play Halo on a phone?
#7MrImpatient35Posted 10/29/2013 9:27:13 AM
I assume this is to hold people over until Halo 5. I'm prolly in the minority on this, but I'm way more excited about Destiny than Halo 5. If anything, I'll play Halo 5 to pass time until Destiny :)
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#8Bikes-Posted 10/29/2013 9:30:44 AM
Dev0311 posted...

It's a top down shooter, on a big enough screen it controls well enough, although the first time I tried it was on a phone and it was clunky as hell imo (I have large thumbs though)
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/29/2013 1:46:55 PM
Bikes- posted...
Dev0311 posted...

It's a top down shooter, on a big enough screen it controls well enough, although the first time I tried it was on a phone and it was clunky as hell imo (I have large thumbs though)
dual-stick on console, you think? i don't know anything about it.
#10VoidBeyondPosted 10/29/2013 1:50:58 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
Bikes- posted...
Dev0311 posted...

dual-stick on console, you think? i don't know anything about it.

It'll be a dual stick shooter. I bought it for PC, wasn't bad.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//3DS: 2981-6641-9175