"I play Xbox for the superior multiplats"

#101True_FoeHammerPosted 11/4/2013 5:37:00 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Sorry but very few people played it for the superior multiplats in terms of visuals. Most comparisons showed very little difference at all. It was mostly $200 less and while you had to pay for XBL, it was a far superior service until recently and only because PS+ is now giving away free games and has copied a lot of what MS pioneered.

Going into next gen we don't know who will have better multiplats. XBL seems like it will have an even bigger lead while PS+ is now mandatory so the price advantage of online no longer really works. PS+ might have a better game rental value but its also missing the ridiculous server support and manpower behind XBL.

Kinect also might matter quite a lot if Skyrim was just the beginning.

Better gameplay or better graphics? Also, there is an expected huge decline in the graphical gap now that ESRam speeds are doubled so its very likely you will be trading in a lot of benefits just to save $100 and have a very small difference like last gen.

Wow you are being spun in a killer washing machine by MS.

The ESRAM speed is the same, they are assuming a theoretical double if you can do both read and writes at once. Suffice to say it is piss poor logic technically for one. Trying to "close the gap" with such nonsense is....well, utter nonsense.

Secondly....the least of your concerns should be the bandwidth...the 32mb size is definitely not doing it any favors, and will make 1080p with reasonable deferred processing and AA pretty much impossible....no, it's not something that can be improved over time.

Please be less desperate next time.

HEY! That 32 mb will let the the one wall of that one buliding in the background load up at BLAZING FAST speeds!
#102DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/4/2013 6:27:16 AM
I can't believe there are still people who think 32mb of ESRam is the same as 32mb of regular ram.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#103SpidermanThreadPosted 11/4/2013 6:29:11 AM
But 720p is superior to 1080p right?
#104True_FoeHammerPosted 11/4/2013 7:18:49 AM
I can't believe there are still people who think 32mb of ESRam is the same as 32mb of regular ram.

If even developers can't work their heads around it, how do you expect random GameFAQ'ers such as ourselves to?
#105CyborgTwentyPosted 11/4/2013 7:21:50 AM
I guess their new catch phrase will be "I play Xbox for inferior multiplats".
#106DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/4/2013 7:24:44 AM
Actually, I'll consider games with dedicated servers instead of P2P and titles with Kinect support like Skyrim to be superior. If I wanted a multiplat with better graphics, even my old ass PC can do much better until I get a Steambox next year.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#107CyborgTwentyPosted 11/4/2013 11:40:11 AM
Actually, I'll consider games with dedicated servers instead of P2P and titles with Kinect support like Skyrim to be superior. If I wanted a multiplat with better graphics, even my old ass PC can do much better until I get a Steambox next year.

If want to jerk around while playing i bust out my old eyetoy again.
#108MetroidFan9999Posted 11/4/2013 11:45:01 AM

WOW you are a joke, no one is saying as such. We are saying that the ESRAM is the only reasonable way a developer can get decent frame rates with deferred rendering and AA. The DDR3 Ram is too slow to do this.

The actual issue is that there is not enough space for a reasonably rendered 1080p frame (with AA and deferred rendering) in the ESRAM space.

You are a joke if you are trying to spin the ESRAM into some positive over what the competition is doing. MS really have taught you well, haven't they?
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#109MetroidFan9999Posted 11/4/2013 11:47:23 AM
benjimain posted...
Okay, you're right. That theoretical 218GBps will be fully achieved.

Lol it's amazing how desperate you are. You're setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment ever.

Seems like you are the one doing that. You keep holding onto the fact that a major change in performance will not have any real effect and keep trying to convince yourself that a system which benefits more from optimization in fact, will not...

ESRam will not achieve its theoretical peak but neither will PS4. Thats just how it is. Such statements are empty and meaningless in the comparison. The only thing is that the PS4 is built to reach its peak much sooner.

...WTF are you smoking?

The Ram on the PS4 is always running at it's peak, my god do you know nothing about technology?
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#110stevieb1234567Posted 11/4/2013 2:06:12 PM
lilj812 posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
One game equals all games? Lol no idea what to tell you. I have my Xbox One pre-ordered for Nov 22nd and if you give yours up, someone else will gladly take your spot =)

You know more games are going to follow suit. This is just the first game that compared the two back to back. Isn't it?

So, so far it's 1 out of 1 games looks better on playstation 4. I can see that trend continuing since better hardware lol

Count n4s rivals looking better. Looks better then pc version they said. Also coming out on launch day before any other version. Woohoo
---
Posted using GameFlux