Look at all these pretending graphics don't matter

#1lilj812Posted 10/29/2013 11:25:31 AM
I'm a PC guy and while graphics aren't everything... they are surely VERY important when it comes to AAA gaming.

Graphics can also easily be apart of the gameplay itself. With games like battlefield for instance (not just bf4, but bc2 and bf3 even) in those games you could actually benefit from playing on better hardware and having better graphics because your visibility is increased. Do you know why people flip out about jaggies? because sometimes you have to spot a sniper in the desert and those jaggies could throw off your visibility by just nano seconds... NANO seconds, and that could mean the difference between life and death.

But just in general, if you are paying top dollar (xbox one is the most expensive next gen console) for something new, you want that new item to not only perform better than it's less expensive counter-part (which it's not), but you want it to also LOOK better. (which it doesn't) Don't you?

Why are people pretending that graphics don't matter?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#2EllesarienPosted 10/29/2013 11:40:18 AM
Graphics have always mattered. They just don't matter to the point of this ridiculous board to everyone.

Hell, I think the graphics on the current gen rock so I am just pumped that they will be getting better on both consoles. That is enough for me.

I don't quite get the drama and obsession over it but to each their own.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#3MetroidFan9999Posted 10/29/2013 11:40:59 AM
"Graphics don't matter! I'm getting a next gen console just for the hell of it!"
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/29/2013 11:41:43 AM
They totally matter - and both versions of BF4 look great!

So that's good for everyone.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:43:35 AM
Skynet82997 posted...

Both look good. But why would you pay more money for the version that performs worse?
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#6MetroidFan9999Posted 10/29/2013 11:44:13 AM(edited)
lilj812 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

Both look good. But why would you pay more money for the version that performs worse?

He won't be able to answer that one, unfortunately =(

OH WAIT KINECT!!!
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#7Joey-ZazaPosted 10/29/2013 11:45:59 AM
Not for my generation they don't. I'm willing to admit that, but are you willing to accept it?
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#8BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 11:46:11 AM
lilj812 posted...
I'm a PC guy and while graphics aren't everything... they are surely VERY important when it comes to AAA gaming.

Graphics can also easily be apart of the gameplay itself. With games like battlefield for instance (not just bf4, but bc2 and bf3 even) in those games you could actually benefit from playing on better hardware and having better graphics because your visibility is increased. Do you know why people flip out about jaggies? because sometimes you have to spot a sniper in the desert and those jaggies could throw off your visibility by just nano seconds... NANO seconds, and that could mean the difference between life and death.

But just in general, if you are paying top dollar (xbox one is the most expensive next gen console) for something new, you want that new item to not only perform better than it's less expensive counter-part (which it's not), but you want it to also LOOK better. (which it doesn't) Don't you?

They are pretending that graphics don't matter for the same reason a PS4 fanboy should - because, we don't buy consoles to watch pretty graphics - we buy them to have fun. Graphics are alright, but a lot of people had a lot of fun with Goldeneye. If your game goes from fun to not fun by switching from 1080 --> 900 or 900-->720 or 720-->480, then you're game might not be as fun as you thought it was.

It's maybe icing, but it ain't the cake. Graphics matter far more when two fanboys are checking their trousers than when real people are sitting on their couch having fun. Everyone knows this - it just doesn't correlate with the desire to justify your personal opinions so it gets ignored.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#9lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:48:40 AM
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...

They are pretending that graphics don't matter for the same reason a PS4 fanboy should - because, we don't buy consoles to watch pretty graphics - we buy them to have fun. Graphics are alright, but a lot of people had a lot of fun with Goldeneye. If your game goes from fun to not fun by switching from 1080 --> 900 or 900-->720 or 720-->480, then you're game might not be as fun as you thought it was.

It's maybe icing, but it ain't the cake. Graphics matter far more when two fanboys are checking their trousers than when real people are sitting on their couch having fun. Everyone knows this - it just doesn't correlate with the desire to justify your personal opinions so it gets ignored.

I agree with what you said for the most part. But the same question I asked earlier I'll ask you.

Why would you pay more for the inferior version when you could pay less money and get a superior experience. And that point it has nothing to do with the actual gameplay, it has to do with being a smarter consumer.
---
#10Soar2344Posted 10/29/2013 11:49:44 AM
lilj812 posted...

I play borderlands 2 on my low spec PC at the lowest resolution and lowest graphics. I honestly don't care because I'm having fun with the game instead of looking at how bad my graphics look :P
---
Official Latios of the Pokemon X and Y board