Look at all these pretending graphics don't matter

#61gumbyxcore99Posted 10/29/2013 2:12:59 PM
the lineups for the ps3/360 are still pretty strong . they probably could have let these consoles bake in the oven for another year and given developers time to really learn how to work with the hardware and not rush out a bunch of half baked launch titles.
---
(C)1998 PS4 DEFENcE FORZE
#62GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/29/2013 2:29:01 PM
lilj812 posted...
I'm a PC guy and while graphics aren't everything... they are surely VERY important when it comes to AAA gaming.

Graphics can also easily be apart of the gameplay itself. With games like battlefield for instance (not just bf4, but bc2 and bf3 even) in those games you could actually benefit from playing on better hardware and having better graphics because your visibility is increased. Do you know why people flip out about jaggies? because sometimes you have to spot a sniper in the desert and those jaggies could throw off your visibility by just nano seconds... NANO seconds, and that could mean the difference between life and death.

But just in general, if you are paying top dollar (xbox one is the most expensive next gen console) for something new, you want that new item to not only perform better than it's less expensive counter-part (which it's not), but you want it to also LOOK better. (which it doesn't) Don't you?

Why are people pretending that graphics don't matter?

You want to know why graphics don't matter just look at the amount of indie games on the PS4 and look at how many people are pumped for them. Then again I come from an era where my first game was Mario/Duck Hunt so all this fighting over graphics makes me laugh.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#63SomboSteelPosted 10/29/2013 2:41:19 PM
lilj812 posted...
I'm a PC guy and while graphics aren't everything... they are surely VERY important when it comes to AAA gaming.

Graphics can also easily be apart of the gameplay itself. With games like battlefield for instance (not just bf4, but bc2 and bf3 even) in those games you could actually benefit from playing on better hardware and having better graphics because your visibility is increased. Do you know why people flip out about jaggies? because sometimes you have to spot a sniper in the desert and those jaggies could throw off your visibility by just nano seconds... NANO seconds, and that could mean the difference between life and death.

But just in general, if you are paying top dollar (xbox one is the most expensive next gen console) for something new, you want that new item to not only perform better than it's less expensive counter-part (which it's not), but you want it to also LOOK better. (which it doesn't) Don't you?

Why do people still respond to this guy?
#64embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 8:11:13 AM
It mattered before the cloud turned out to be crap
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#65triple sPosted 11/1/2013 8:12:16 AM
lilj812 posted...

Graphics do matter, but resolution isn't EVERYTHING!
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#66D3x1Posted 11/1/2013 8:16:20 AM
Soar2344 posted...
lilj812 posted...

I play borderlands 2 on my low spec PC at the lowest resolution and lowest graphics. I honestly don't care because I'm having fun with the game instead of looking at how bad my graphics look :P

---
o_o
#67AltmadragonPosted 11/1/2013 8:25:00 AM
If graphics doesn't matter why buy a ps4 or xb1 at all.
I mean what awesome new games are coming out for them that aren't on current gen. Ps:Sorry for using logic.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#68Masterchief5525Posted 11/1/2013 8:26:06 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Graphics have always mattered. They just don't matter to the point of this ridiculous board to everyone.

Hell, I think the graphics on the current gen rock so I am just pumped that they will be getting better on both consoles. That is enough for me.

I don't quite get the drama and obsession over it but to each their own.
#69SoulTrapperPosted 11/1/2013 8:30:41 AM
Graphics certainly matter when it's two versions of the same game.
#70axelfooley2k5Posted 11/1/2013 8:31:09 AM
there is so much hate for xb1 everything is amplified
thats the truth

most games were better on 360......the ps3 didnt blow up because of it
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw