Can someone tell me the PROS AND CONS of the Xbox One?

#1jamieengPosted 10/29/2013 10:43:02 AM
I am deciding what console to get. As a PS3 player I would automatically go for the PS4, but I just want to know what it has and doesn't have over the PS4?

I was put off by rumours I heard like your account being deactivated if you weren't online for 24 hours, and no Used Games, but I heard these were changed?

PS I don't care about things like voice commands, Kinect etc., mainly Online features. Also the price of XBL compared to PS+.
---
BO1 Zombies: Kino Rd 46 Solo | Der Riese Rd 33 2p | ShiNo Rd 25 Solo | FIVE Rd 23 Solo | Verruckt Rd 21 2p
Man United & Nottm Forest fan; FIFA 14 player!
#2GondolinRisesPosted 10/29/2013 10:44:03 AM
All you'll get here is fanboy nonsense
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#3axelfooley2k5Posted 10/29/2013 10:46:57 AM
Pro
Exclusives....however many it gets
Controller
XBL
Operating system

Cons
More expensive, less power
Multiplatform games better on ps4.......like 360 to Ps3
Kinect forced
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#4Hidan623Posted 10/29/2013 10:48:54 AM
Pros and cons depend on your preference in general i would say do your own research because you will either get someone bashing the xbox one or praising it not actual pros and cons

i would say tho if you are a sports fan, or a medicore gamer xbox one is good for you, they focus a lot on apps and sports things like espn and now a lot about kinect so if you aren't into motion sensing steer away, but if you are ONLYYYY into gaming get a ps4!

Not saying you can't be a hardcore gamer on the xbox but like i said its a preference, i personally will be getting an xbox one, i like their exclusives like halo and gears of war, and i'm more into apps than gaming at the moment. i actually haven't played a game in a couple months but knowing i have a system where i can play games on it then when i don't want to play games it still has other uses that seems like a good investment to me! that's just my opinion tho.

Back when i owned a ps3 i never turned it one when i didn't play games for a while but i was always on my 360 even when i didn't play any games
#5DoukouPosted 10/29/2013 10:49:01 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Pro
Exclusives....however many it gets
Controller
XBL
Operating system

Cons
More expensive, less power
Multiplatform games better on ps4.......like 360 to Ps3
Kinect forced

This is actually pretty objective as of right now.
Except maybe controller
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#6BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 10:50:50 AM
jamieeng posted...
I am deciding what console to get. As a PS3 player I would automatically go for the PS4, but I just want to know what it has and doesn't have over the PS4?

I was put off by rumours I heard like your account being deactivated if you weren't online for 24 hours, and no Used Games, but I heard these were changed?

PS I don't care about things like voice commands, Kinect etc., mainly Online features. Also the price of XBL compared to PS+.

If you don't care about the things that the XB1 can do that the PS4 can't... you may not need to know the pros/cons.

That being said, as anyone who has gamed for any amount of time knows... it's really not about the hardware, it's about the software - in this case, the games. So, if you really want to know if you should buy a machine, look at the games you can play on the machine (obviously, the meager selection of titles at system launch are not a very good way to judge the future gaming potential, so if you're only going to get one machine, you may want to wait a bit...)
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#7axelfooley2k5Posted 10/29/2013 10:53:00 AM
No backwards compatibility on both sides is a slap in the face
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#8LovecraftiangodPosted 10/29/2013 10:55:33 AM
The xbone doesn't have any advantage
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#9htkaPosted 10/29/2013 10:58:49 AM
I prefer the xbox controller. It took a little while getting used to from going from a PS2 controller, but after getting used to it, I now I can't stand the PS3 controller, it's way too small for my liking.
#10jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:01:13 AM
Wait, what is this about Kinect? In what was is it "forced"? I will certainly get PS4 if I need to use Kinect...
---
BO1 Zombies: Kino Rd 46 Solo | Der Riese Rd 33 2p | ShiNo Rd 25 Solo | FIVE Rd 23 Solo | Verruckt Rd 21 2p
Man United & Nottm Forest fan; FIFA 14 player!