Can someone tell me the PROS AND CONS of the Xbox One?

#11jamieeng(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:01:37 PM
jamieeng posted...
Wait, what is this about Kinect? In what way is it "forced"? I will certainly get PS4 if I need to use Kinect...

Page bump, please answer
---
BO1 Zombies: Kino Rd 46 Solo | Der Riese Rd 33 2p | ShiNo Rd 25 Solo | FIVE Rd 23 Solo | Verruckt Rd 21 2p
Man United & Nottm Forest fan; FIFA 14 player!
#12BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 12:02:51 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
No backwards compatibility on both sides is a slap in the face

The lack of BC is always complained about more than the presence of BC is utilized. That's not to say it DOESN'T get used, but it's not as big a deal as we make it out to be.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#13RybalPosted 10/29/2013 12:12:41 PM
jamieeng posted...
Wait, what is this about Kinect? In what was is it "forced"? I will certainly get PS4 if I need to use Kinect...

You don't need to use it, but it does come with every system.

Really, it ALWAYS comes down to the games. If you aren't sure yet which you are interested in, there is no harm in waiting until there are games that you want.

htka posted...
I prefer the xbox controller. It took a little while getting used to from going from a PS2 controller, but after getting used to it, I now I can't stand the PS3 controller, it's way too small for my liking.

BTW, the DS4 is larger than the DS3 was. Apparently, it is more solid, as well.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#14InjusticeRebornPosted 10/29/2013 12:29:07 PM
jamieeng posted...
jamieeng posted...
Wait, what is this about Kinect? In what way is it "forced"? I will certainly get PS4 if I need to use Kinect...

Page bump, please answer

People are saying it's forced, as in you can't purchase an Xbox One without it.

You don't have to use it. Which would beg the question, why not do a kit without it?

But hey, it is what it is.
#15MrImpatient35Posted 10/29/2013 12:32:40 PM
Too many things to go through. Just go to the link in my sig.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#16DeadLock25Posted 10/29/2013 12:36:01 PM
Pro:
-Games (exclusives)
-Online services and UI generally have a good track record relative to PS4. Detailed below:
----Instant switching, snap, Skype and generally seamless integration of all sofa based media in one place.
----Voice and Gesture commands
----Family sharing coming back, and they will most likely include Games for Gold with X1.
-Controller stick layout and rumble triggers if you prefer it. Size is less of an issue this time.
-Kinect is included
-Entertainment Apps/TV integration (HBO, Xbox Fitness etc)
-NFL fantasy football integration
-Dedicated Servers
-Much more indie friendly and supportive policies than before. The Indie Developer Program would promote a better quality and a larger quantity of games in general.

Cons:
-Slight power disadvantage. How massive this difference is still unclear however all evidence indicates its minimal at best for the average consumer.
-Kinect is forced if you hate it and the price is higher because of it.
-Somewhat bigger in size if that is a huge factor.

In the end just go find out more about each console and what it can offer. Dont go based of rumor because you will run into things like "family sharing was a demo" or " If online check was in place MS will just shut down their servers and you cant play any of your games" and other idiotic and illogical things like that. The latter is a non issue but you can see how a vocal minority tends to think and spread their illogical concerns. Furthermore, you should probably avoid this place to begin with as there is nothing here but idiotic fanboy wars and people still riding the "MS suckz and is evil and X1 is s***" bandwagon.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 10/29/2013 12:40:04 PM
Pros (IMO):
-Kinect is awesome
-better exclusives
-still better controller

Cons (IMO):
-Price
-No BC
-Weaker

BraxSimeon posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
No backwards compatibility on both sides is a slap in the face

The lack of BC is always complained about more than the presence of BC is utilized. That's not to say it DOESN'T get used, but it's not as big a deal as we make it out to be.

Previous gens are not this gen. Digital and cheevos changed everything, lack of BC is a deal breaker IMO.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#18DeadLock25Posted 10/29/2013 12:42:01 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
jamieeng posted...
jamieeng posted...

Page bump, please answer

People are saying it's forced, as in you can't purchase an Xbox One without it.

You don't have to use it. Which would beg the question, why not do a kit without it?

But hey, it is what it is.

I think their train of though is that its essential to the console.

They would have included it as part of the console itself but they gave the Kinect a separate case so people can put it on top of the TV and move it around. Otherwise it would just be in one box.

Its kind of like a camera in a smartphone. You dont need to use it, but you are paying for it either way when you buy the phone. This time the camera is much better and usefull though, with the voice and gesture controls and in-game integration. But obviously not everyone likes it and I do agree that having it separate would make a lot more sense. Them including it is more indicative of their inability to properly market and sell its predecessor to the masses, but then again, the newer one is supposedly different and better in every way.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent