New Xbox Live Terms of Use... Sharing ALL OF YOUR INFO! Link inside**

#41lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:02:53 PM
InjusticeReborn posted...
lilj812 posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
Also, may I ask, where does it say they're 'removing the option to opt out'?

This is a new Terms of Use making it's way, at the end of the article it says 'as it stands, you can opt out' - meaning, at the moment with the current Terms of User, we can opt out.

If this ToU isn't out yet, how can one know whether you can opt out or not?

Or am I missing something?

.... Read the first post. Or just read this link... which is in the first post...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/new-xbox-live-terms-of-use-enforces-security-while-sharing-a-lit/

Maybe I worded my reply wrong, or maybe you're not getting what I'm saying.

At the end of the article, it says "as it stands, you can opt out". I'm assuming this means, as of now with the current ToU, you can opt out.

This revised ToU isn't out yet, so how does anyone know whether you can or can't opt out?

Also, and this is just a personal thing, but I don't use either of those things on Live, so I'm cool. :)

Oh, I get what you are asking now. I just wasn't getting it before lol but I get it.

I'm assuming you're wondering how Joystiq themselves would have this information. Well...
http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-live-tou

This deserves it's own thread...
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#42BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 1:09:38 PM
lilj812 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...

Stopped reading right there. Don't start this conversation off like you know me. Straw mans will get you nowhere with me.

And Yes, PRISM changes everything. That's why it was national news for so long and still mentioned to this day.

Too bad the ToS didn't start out with "I know you probably..." - I know you probably wouldn't have made it to the last paragraph then.

BTW - it's not that I think I know YOU - it's just statistics - the odds are in my favor, that's why I use "probably" But you can use the "You don't know me" bit - you can use the strawman bit, too - though it wasn't a straw man and I didn't knock it down. But, after that little rant, I do know you. I know everything about you. I know all your info now. I've figured you out. And I have no interest in "getting anywhere" with you - thanks for the offer.

Really. If it's statistics then post your stats, especially if odds are in your favor.

Stats have nothing to do with opinion and should be able to be proven with numbers or evidence.

And hey man, what's my name? :) Don't you know you're talking to the best in the world?

The best at what? ToS skimming?
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#43lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:10:21 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...

Stopped reading right there. Don't start this conversation off like you know me. Straw mans will get you nowhere with me.

And Yes, PRISM changes everything. That's why it was national news for so long and still mentioned to this day.

Too bad the ToS didn't start out with "I know you probably..." - I know you probably wouldn't have made it to the last paragraph then.

BTW - it's not that I think I know YOU - it's just statistics - the odds are in my favor, that's why I use "probably" But you can use the "You don't know me" bit - you can use the strawman bit, too - though it wasn't a straw man and I didn't knock it down. But, after that little rant, I do know you. I know everything about you. I know all your info now. I've figured you out. And I have no interest in "getting anywhere" with you - thanks for the offer.

Really. If it's statistics then post your stats, especially if odds are in your favor.

Stats have nothing to do with opinion and should be able to be proven with numbers or evidence.

And hey man, what's my name? :) Don't you know you're talking to the best in the world?

Read the sig. Also, I'm done with this thread after stumbling on my other link.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#44lax_plyrPosted 10/29/2013 1:23:19 PM
I posted this in a topic yesterday about this same thing and I'll do it again. When it comes to online privacy both companies have similar if not the same policies. This is for you finger in ear fanboys who think MS is the only company wanting to use your personal information. To those who think that Sony does not share information, this is from their online network user contract information sharing policy

"2.The Sony Group of Companies and other third parties who assist us with fulfilling your requests, clearing and verifying transactions, delivering, administering and improving our websites, applications, products, content or services, managing and enhancing customer data, storing and maintaining our database records, providing customer service, detecting fraud or illegal activities, conducting customer research and surveys, developing new products and services and selling products and services to us for resale to you. In particular, if a SEN account holder accesses, purchases or downloads content services or products that are published, developed, supported or offered by a Sony Group Company or a third party, his or her personally identifying information may be shared with that entity or third party for purposes related to that content or those products or services, including game, video, music, software and software applications or community administration or development. SNEI may also share personally identifying information with law enforcement or similar organizations, in connection with a criminal investigation, investigation or prevention of fraud or criminal activities, infringement of intellectual property rights or other activity that is suspected to be illegal or may expose our users or SNEI to legal liability."

TL;DR: Sony can give away your personal information for a variety of reasons to third parties although they are carefully about who gets it.You can stop acting like Microsoft is the only one who could share your info with the NSA or other third parties now. Both sony and Microsoft are businesses and operate as such

Source: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy/
#45BraxSimeonPosted 10/29/2013 1:28:08 PM
lilj812 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
lilj812 posted...

Read the sig. Also, I'm done with this thread after stumbling on my other link.

You're the best "heel"?
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#46Combo626Posted 10/29/2013 1:29:07 PM
I see this topic went nowhere pretty quickly.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#47RetrowirePosted 10/29/2013 1:41:52 PM
lilj812 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
lilj812 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm not sure how seriously to take this, because there's this, then I saw an article that also debunked it. And given the timing, I'm not believing too much of anything lately. Way too much rumor bs going around.

I am interested in that article since I have no clue what you are talking about.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/29/new-xbox-live-terms-of-use-enforces-security-while-sharing-a-lit/

This was posted today, so can I get your link to read it if this has been debunked already?

I'm done saving/posting links like I used to. Nobody read them anyway. If you didn't see it, then I can't help you. Just like the ReviewTechUSA video got debunked. I didn't save that one either, but it happened. I think on dualshockers.

Okay.... my link was posted just hours ago... so if this was already debunked, then it had to have been posted even sooner then that.

Now... I think you are lying. Because.. you should have no problem finding an article that YOU JUST READ not even a couple hours ago. Because, once again, my link was posted "by Mike Suszek on Oct 29th 2013 12:00PM"

So... you are a liar.
:D

I really wanted to read that debunking article too. Does this guy not know how to check his browsing history? You don't have to SAVE links manually. lol
---
Not changing this sig until Flipnote3D is released in NA. Started August/12/13
#48gumbyxcore99Posted 10/29/2013 1:46:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49gumbyxcore99Posted 10/29/2013 1:48:44 PM
another paranoid cokehead
---
(C)1998 PS4 DEFENcE FORZE
#50MmaguyPosted 10/29/2013 1:50:35 PM
Tinfoil hats, activate!