Cool Article on The Division and The Snowdrop Engine.......

#1Skynet82997Posted 10/29/2013 11:08:49 AM
Can't wait for this!!

http://www.edge-online.com/features/tom-clancys-the-division-how-ubisoft-massive-is-making-next-gens-hottest-prospect/
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#2imjustdatnicePosted 10/29/2013 11:18:34 AM
Thank you for posting a non comparing topic, or troll topic comparing bf4. This was a good read seeing as the division is probably in the top of my anticipated games for next gen. I can't wait for it.
#3EllesarienPosted 10/29/2013 11:19:28 AM
Finally..a topic for actual gamers.

Ya..I am really liking what they are doing here. Some exciting stuff is going to come next year for sure.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#4Skynet82997(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 11:20:12 AM
imjustdatnice posted...
Thank you for posting a non comparing topic, or troll topic comparing bf4. This was a good read seeing as the division is probably in the top of my anticipated games for next gen. I can't wait for it.

Lol - you're welcome.

Yea, this is one of my most anticipated next gen games - really looks amazing, and the physics and animations - they look truly next gen!
---
#5Skynet82997(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:18:36 PM
Bump for anyone that wants to read something gaming related that isn't a flame war.
---
#6kidwgmPosted 10/29/2013 12:21:00 PM
You know I haven't played a Tom Clancy game forever. I might have to give this a go when it releases.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#7Ramsus082Posted 10/29/2013 12:21:14 PM
The article implies that the Snowdrop Engine is pretty scalable, kind of like the Unreal3 Engine, which was the gold standard for last gen. It seems pretty flexible, not just for FPS but probably for a lot of different genres.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#8Ramsus082Posted 10/29/2013 12:23:58 PM
How it's described sounds like a cross between CryEngine3 and a MMORPG engine, where graphical fidelity is at the forefront but customizations and RPG influences are built right into the engine. Pretty interesting.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#9BadLuckIncPosted 10/29/2013 12:26:16 PM
This game looks great. Getting this no questions asked =)
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#10RollnThunder213Posted 10/29/2013 12:55:23 PM
I think one of my favorite parts of the game play they showed was the pushing the car door closed as he moved along it for cover. Interacting with your environment in those little ways definitely build immersion.

I'm not a huge fan of PvP but if I can get a couple friends and just roam and do PvE stuff with no chance of just randomly running into another squad I'll definitely be picking this game up.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213