"We share your info for your safety" Links from microsoft themselves

#1lilj812Posted 10/29/2013 1:09:43 PM
This deserves it's own thread. Posted yesterday.
Link: http://news.xbox.com/2013/10/xbox-live-tou

Protecting your account from unauthorized access and fraud is a top priority for us. It helps keep Xbox Live safer and more secure for everyone. Thatís why the TOU now asks all users to commit to keeping their contact information up to date. By the way, now is a great time to make sure your security proofs are valid and accessible to you.

More app experiences available via Xbox Live are provided by a partner with whom you may have a separate online account. If you choose to link this account with your Xbox Live account, we confirm key data points across the accounts by sharing data such as your name, address, email address and date of birth with the partner. In this TOU update, customers agree to allow Microsoft to share this information in this manner.

---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#2SilentS89Posted 10/29/2013 1:12:02 PM
Lolol, puting your private information in our databanks makes you safer...

I feel pity for those foolish enough to believe that.

Guess what kids? If Microsoft doesn't have your records, your records can't be stolen from Microsoft. See how that works?
#3lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:12:15 PM
Read em and weep. Microsoft is now sharing your info with the companies that work with them whether you like it or not. Taking away the option to opt-out, you now have no choice and no freedom when it comes to who has your information if you ever submit it to microsoft.
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#4Ch3wyPosted 10/29/2013 1:12:17 PM
Everything you've ever signed up for says this.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5EllesarienPosted 10/29/2013 1:13:19 PM
Man.. I hope you are getting a good check for this today. You have been quite virulent today.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#6lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:13:22 PM
Ch3wy posted...

No, they are literally changing it to this and this was announced today. That statement is false because it's literally different RIGHT NOW.
---
#7lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:13:49 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Man.. I hope you are getting a good check for this today. You have been quite virulent today.

I just like to read lol.
---
#8Ch3wyPosted 10/29/2013 1:14:56 PM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

No, they are literally changing it to this and this was announced today. That statement is false because it's literally different RIGHT NOW.

Pretty much the same thing.

Did you know that your bank shares your SSN and account info with third parties?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 1:17:29 PM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Did you know that your bank shares your SSN and account info with third parties?

Pretty much NOT the same thing since right now it's literally different.

And what do banks have to do with xbox live?
---
#10Ch3wyPosted 10/29/2013 1:20:12 PM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Pretty much NOT the same thing since right now it's literally different.

And what do banks have to do with xbox live?

Someone doesn't know what pretty much means.

I'm saying that every company sells your info to third parties. For example there's a private company in Ireland that knows everything about your finances.
---