"We share your info for your safety" Links from microsoft themselves

#11Dev0311Posted 10/29/2013 12:20:38 PM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Everything you've ever signed up for says this.

No, they are literally changing it to this and this was announced today. That statement is false because it's literally different RIGHT NOW.

Pretty much the same thing.

Did you know that your bank shares your SSN and account info with third parties?

A bank and a videogame system aren't the same
#12MetroidFan9999Posted 10/29/2013 12:21:09 PM
I can only read this as such:

"We share your info with the NSA to keep you safe from dem terrorists!"

There is no other possible reason why sharing my info would keep me safe.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#13Ch3wyPosted 10/29/2013 12:21:45 PM
By the way, why did you not bold this part?

If you choose to link this account with your Xbox Live account

And then went on to say this?

lilj812 posted...
Taking away the option to opt-out, you now have no choice and no freedom when it comes to who has your information if you ever submit it to microsoft.

---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14khardboredPosted 10/29/2013 12:22:41 PM
How about you guys go check out your PS3 terms, or Nintendo terms. They are identical. Pathetic.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#15lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:23:36 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
I can only read this as such:

"We share your info with the NSA to keep you safe from dem terrorists!"

There is no other possible reason why sharing my info would keep me safe.

And guess what, if you don't let us share your info with NSA then you can't play your xbox online and use ANY of our other services. Don't agree to let us share your info, have fun not watching netflix or youtube. Have fun not playing online multiplayer. It's Microsoft's way or no way at all!
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#16lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:25:00 PM
Ch3wy posted...

lilj812 posted...
Taking away the option to opt-out, you now have no choice and no freedom when it comes to who has your information if you ever submit it to microsoft.

If you want to use netflix you have to link your account don't you? Yea, smart guy.
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#17TheRealPhattyJPosted 10/29/2013 12:25:15 PM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Everything you've ever signed up for says this.

No, they are literally changing it to this and this was announced today. That statement is false because it's literally different RIGHT NOW.

Pretty much the same thing.

Did you know that your bank shares your SSN and account info with third parties?

seeing as it's against US federal law to share that info with any institution other than the IRS and a person's employer....no they don't.
#18Ch3wyPosted 10/29/2013 12:26:02 PM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

lilj812 posted...

If you want to use netflix you have to link your account don't you? Yea, smart guy.

So they're going to share information that Netflix already has... with Netflix?

Is this what you're worried about?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#19lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 12:27:27 PM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

lilj812 posted...

So they're going to share information that Netflix already has... with Netflix?

Is this what you're worried about?

They are going to share your information to whoever they want! More than just netflix, netflix was just an example, smart guy.
---
#20lax_plyrPosted 10/29/2013 12:27:57 PM
How many topics are you going to post about corporate information sharing? Clearly you have a minimal grasp on how business works. This is Sony's privacy policy agreement for their online user network

"2.The Sony Group of Companies and other third parties who assist us with fulfilling your requests, clearing and verifying transactions, delivering, administering and improving our websites, applications, products, content or services, managing and enhancing customer data, storing and maintaining our database records, providing customer service, detecting fraud or illegal activities, conducting customer research and surveys, developing new products and services and selling products and services to us for resale to you. In particular, if a SEN account holder accesses, purchases or downloads content services or products that are published, developed, supported or offered by a Sony Group Company or a third party, his or her personally identifying information may be shared with that entity or third party for purposes related to that content or those products or services, including game, video, music, software and software applications or community administration or development. SNEI may also share personally identifying information with law enforcement or similar organizations, in connection with a criminal investigation, investigation or prevention of fraud or criminal activities, infringement of intellectual property rights or other activity that is suspected to be illegal or may expose our users or SNEI to legal liability."

Source: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/privacy-policy/

Next time try and be less bias in your reporting