• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. are digital gamers screwed?
2 years ago#21
I pay $34 month for 20 down 1 up
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
2 years ago#22
Digital gamers are always screwed. You pay too much for something you lease but never really own. That 500 gig fills up real fast at 40gigs a game, even 10-15gigs.
You still pay full retail retail for a download title. Yeah you're screwed.
2 years ago#23
My only concern is how quickly I will fill the initial 500 GB internal drive since the feature to support external drives will not be ready until an indeterminate time post-launch

I suppose that I may have to shuffle some games worst case scenario in the short term.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
(message deleted)
2 years ago#25
How do these games even get to that size? The biggest game I have is The Sims 3 which takes up 8GB (no, I haven't bought any games in awhile) do they not compress them?
2 years ago#26
my completely uneducated guess is that they're just not compressing anything to improve performance on these consoles. i suspect that these huge file sizes will get less common further into the generation.
2 years ago#27
Dev445 posted...
I was planning on going full digital this gen, but after seeing how much space games are gonna take up I opted out. I'm still buying Disc

But it will install anyway :/
Gamertag : Slashingwind
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. are digital gamers screwed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived