guess which platform will yield the most sales for TITANFALL. pc? xo? or, 360?

#11GotTruthPosted 10/30/2013 4:48:37 AM
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...
unless everyone who buys the Xbox one also buys titanfall

Considering that the vast majority I see reasoning why they're buying an XB1 includes this particular game, I'm just going to quote the part that actually matters.

I think people are buying into the same kind of wishful thinking that led them to believe TF was a timed exclusive if they think its not going to be a major seller on the system.

See, I am the EXACT opposite. I feel ZERO compulsion or desire to get a x1 due to that fact I can still play Titanfall(which looks amazing) on my trusty old 360!
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#12Evel138Posted 10/30/2013 4:59:17 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...

Considering that the vast majority I see reasoning why they're buying an XB1 includes this particular game, I'm just going to quote the part that actually matters.

I think people are buying into the same kind of wishful thinking that led them to believe TF was a timed exclusive if they think its not going to be a major seller on the system.

Problem is with that logic, the XBO needs to sell a lot of units this Christmas, I can't see them selling more XBO's than people who might be interested in getting the PC version.

Regardless of whatever delusion you may be harboring about XB1 sales.....both it and PS4 are going to sell out their first couple of runs....so we're talking millions.

And beside, the PC crowd may end up with more ppl playing on that platform, but they'll do what they do........and just steal it.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#13Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 6:48:21 AM
Evel138 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...

Problem is with that logic, the XBO needs to sell a lot of units this Christmas, I can't see them selling more XBO's than people who might be interested in getting the PC version.

Regardless of whatever delusion you may be harboring about XB1 sales.....both it and PS4 are going to sell out their first couple of runs....so we're talking millions.

And beside, the PC crowd may end up with more ppl playing on that platform, but they'll do what they do........and just steal it.
yep, that's why i specified sales, and not steals. anyone expecting pc sales to top any aaa console-seller game, hasn't paid any attention to how this works. xo will sell more copies of titanfall than pc, in part, because titanfall will help sell lots of units of xo in the first place.
#14supermoc10Posted 10/30/2013 6:50:51 AM
I think it's safe to say what you said is right. Even though the game won't be anywhere as good on 360, you can't deny how big the install base on there is.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#15Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 6:54:02 AM
supermoc10 posted...
I think it's safe to say what you said is right. Even though the game won't be anywhere as good on 360, you can't deny how big the install base on there is.
in some ways, i probably wouldn't even see it it as the same game respawn is making for pc and xo. they wouldn't even disclose which developer is working on it.
#16kingofjamaicaPosted 10/30/2013 7:34:24 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
my guess:

1st 360 (highest because 80+ million consoles)

2nd xo (2nd highest because 360 has been available longer)

3rd pc (aaa games always sell much better on consoles)

That's more than likely the way it will break down.

There's no way it hits the lofty sales numbers Microsoft and EA are hoping it will hit though.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#17Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 3:52:51 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
my guess:

1st 360 (highest because 80+ million consoles)

2nd xo (2nd highest because 360 has been available longer)

3rd pc (aaa games always sell much better on consoles)

That's more than likely the way it will break down.

There's no way it hits the lofty sales numbers Microsoft and EA are hoping it will hit though.
woah, they announced the numbers are they hoping for? i missed that. what did they say?
#18HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/30/2013 3:53:47 PM
#1 Xbox One
#2 360
#3 PC
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#19BjornAgainstPosted 10/30/2013 4:00:58 PM
I think it will be 360 then PC, with the One a fairly distant third. People won't buy a game for a system they don't own and I don't think the One will have a very large install base when this is released.