Confirmed- COD Ghosts is 720p

#181SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 10:49:52 AM
gamingdutchman posted...
regsantotomas posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

If you can get the better version of a game for $100 less, why would you not get it?

Preference for the other platform outside of just graphical resolution?

Why? Because it has Xbox written on it?

That really does seem to be the main reason people are going for the xbox at this point.
#182regsantotomasPosted 10/31/2013 10:52:03 AM
gamingdutchman posted...
regsantotomas posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

If you can get the better version of a game for $100 less, why would you not get it?

Well, I could go on ad nauseum how I prefer the controller, the achievement system, the snap features, player matching, IPTV solution, Skype, Kinect, etc but I suppose the simple caricature of selecting a platform based on the brand is more digestible to some.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#183Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 10:55:18 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
gamingdutchman posted...
regsantotomas posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

That really does seem to be the main reason people are going for the xbox at this point.

why do you always post this. is this literally the only thing you can say? every topic you post xbox is inferior but 100 more i dont get it.

can ps4 skype with people while playing games? can it play music while it plays games? can it watch a movie/tv while playing games. can it mix and match any of these. can i brose while watching tv, or while playing games? can you use your voice to navigate everything, can it recomend tv shows and movies based on your reactions?

no....no it can not.

other reasons might be friends purchasing the same system, or maybe just becasue you like all of the x1 features that are offered.

so there is a reason to buy it, maybe if your IQ was a little higher you'd see that.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#184SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 10:57:10 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Well, I could go on ad nauseum how I prefer the controller, the achievement system, the snap features, player matching, IPTV solution, Skype, Kinect, etc but I suppose the simple caricature of selecting a platform based on the brand is more digestible to some.

The problem is that those are all subjective criteria and as such don't really carry much value when discussing what game or console is objectively better.
#185regsantotomasPosted 10/31/2013 10:59:42 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
regsantotomas posted...

The problem is that those are all subjective criteria and as such don't really carry much value when discussing what game or console is objectively better.

There is your problem then. All of this is a subjective matter with regards to personal entertainment choices. Clearly it bothers you that others make different choices than you do since you choose to ignore the various factors that may be important to others and not necessarily to you or even the majority.

*shrug*
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#186Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 11:02:26 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
regsantotomas posted...

how is it subjective?

the x1 can snap apps and multitask. that is not subjective. that is objective.

it has kinect that can do many things the ps4 cannot. again objective not subjective.

all these things regs mentioned are facts about what x1 has access to that ps4 does not.

these are all objective facts.

whether you like these features or not is the subjective part.

so the decision is not based on just the hardware alone.

x1 has more exclusive launch games
x1 has many more features
x1 has weaker hardware

ps4 has better hardware

all these are objective facts.

so stop using just the hardware excuse.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#187SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:10:29 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...

why do you always post this. is this literally the only thing you can say? every topic you post xbox is inferior but 100 more i dont get it.

Of course I always post that, it's because it's true.
The xbox hardware is objectively worse (as proven by BF4 and CoD) and costs $100 more.

If it bothers you that it has lesser hardware at a higher price, I suggest you contact Microsoft and ask them to change this.

can ps4 skype with people while playing games? can it play music while it plays games? can it watch a movie/tv while playing games. can it mix and match any of these. can i brose while watching tv, or while playing games? can you use your voice to navigate everything, can it recomend tv shows and movies based on your reactions?

Can the xbox play music while it plays games? Because I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Could you show me someone skyping while playing games on the xbox or someone switching between playing a game and watching a movie? And I mean actual footage of it being done, not some commercial? Because I have heard a lot of talk about it, but seen nothing so far.

Not even the demo stations around the country have shown any of these features.

As a video game console, the xbox is objectively worse at a higher price.

My car has voice options. Those were great for a day or two, but then I figured out that you can do everything much faster by hand.
As far as I know, pushing a button will always be faster than speaking a sentence.

Why would I want it to scan what tv programs I like? That's more disturbing then useful.

no....no it can not.

So subjective reasons are suddenly legitimate arguments?

other reasons might be friends purchasing the same system, or maybe just becasue you like all of the x1 features that are offered.

so there is a reason to buy it, maybe if your IQ was a little higher you'd see that.

So, once again, subjective reasons are legitimate arguments?

The reality of it is this:

The xbox is build for apps, not for video games.
As a video game console, the xbox is worse and costs $100 more.

Now why would I buy a video game on the xbox when I can get the better version of the same game on a console that costs $100 less?

Try and use real arguments, if your IQ allows for it.
#188Board_ColliePosted 10/31/2013 11:12:46 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
regsantotomas posted...

how is it subjective?

the x1 can snap apps and multitask. that is not subjective. that is objective.

it has kinect that can do many things the ps4 cannot. again objective not subjective.

all these things regs mentioned are facts about what x1 has access to that ps4 does not.

these are all objective facts.

whether you like these features or not is the subjective part.

so the decision is not based on just the hardware alone.

x1 has more exclusive launch games
x1 has many more features
x1 has weaker hardware

ps4 has better hardware

all these are objective facts.

so stop using just the hardware excuse.

I objectively see that games run at a higher resolution and better framerate on PS4 so far. I got the 360 first because it ran games better than PS3 and i will get PS4 first because it runs games better than X1.
#189SgtGalaxyPosted 10/31/2013 11:14:02 AM
And..... Cod is still COD no matter how much shinier it is
---
this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big d*** or 2) a small d***, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
-Bokkin
#190regsantotomasPosted 10/31/2013 11:19:49 AM
As far as I know, pushing a button will always be faster than speaking a sentence.

Incorrect.

Try doing a search using alphanumeric entry using a remote control vs simply speaking the title of the movie or TV show and the options instantly appearing.

Anyone who has tried doing a search using a normal remote on their AppleTV, Tivo, cable DVR recognizes this pain point.

Let's say you want to watch a film like Star Trek Into Darkness. Which is faster?

A. saying "Star Trek Into Darkness"

or

B. typing on your remote. up up left left left left "s" right right right up right "t" left left left. You get the point. Entering the Konami code would be faster.
---