Confirmed- COD Ghosts is 720p

#191SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:23:02 AM
regsantotomas posted...

There is your problem then. All of this is a subjective matter with regards to personal entertainment choices. Clearly it bothers you that others make different choices than you do since you choose to ignore the various factors that may be important to others and not necessarily to you or even the majority.

*shrug*

It doesn't bother me at all. You're quite welcome to spend your money on whatever you want.

I don't ignore any factor, I just point out that they're worthless when trying to argue as to why the xbox is worth $100 more.
Because I can not determine what value you attribute to subjective criteria, it is pointless to argue about them.

The only thing we can argue about are objective criteria and that means the hardware.

Kosmo240985 posted...

how is it subjective?
the x1 can snap apps and multitask. that is not subjective. that is objective.

it has kinect that can do many things the ps4 cannot. again objective not subjective.

The ps3 already did something similar, so does my 3ds.
It doesn't even make sense to bring this up.

Yes, it has kinect, which a lot of people don't even want.
The kinect is the main reason why the xbox hardware is worse then the ps4.

You can't honestly tell me that it wouldn't have made more sense to sell kinect separately, make a more powerful console and give people the option of buying a kinect if they wanted too.

all these things regs mentioned are facts about what x1 has access to that ps4 does not.
these are all objective facts.
whether you like these features or not is the subjective part.
so the decision is not based on just the hardware alone.

Whether they are facts or not does not mean they are objective reasons as to why the xbox is worth $100 more.

x1 has more exclusive launch games
x1 has many more features
x1 has weaker hardware

Wrong, the xbox has 11 launch games, the ps4 has 14.

Many more features? What would those be? Watching TV through your xbox? Is that a feature?

ps4 has better hardware
all these are objective facts.
so stop using just the hardware excuse.

I've already proven one of those objective facts wrong, you've given no evidence for the second.

Hardware is not an excuse, it's the most important thing about a video game console outside of the games.
If your hardware is severely lacking before the next generation has even started, when the competitor isn't and costs less, there is a clear issue.
#192Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 11:24:30 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

why do you always post this. is this literally the only thing you can say? every topic you post xbox is inferior but 100 more i dont get it.

Of course I always post that, it's because it's true.
The xbox hardware is objectively worse (as proven by BF4 and CoD) and costs $100 more.

If it bothers you that it has lesser hardware at a higher price, I suggest you contact Microsoft and ask them to change this.

can ps4 skype with people while playing games? can it play music while it plays games? can it watch a movie/tv while playing games. can it mix and match any of these. can i brose while watching tv, or while playing games? can you use your voice to navigate everything, can it recomend tv shows and movies based on your reactions?

Can the xbox play music while it plays games? Because I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

Could you show me someone skyping while playing games on the xbox or someone switching between playing a game and watching a movie? And I mean actual footage of it being done, not some commercial? Because I have heard a lot of talk about it, but seen nothing so far.

Not even the demo stations around the country have shown any of these features.

As a video game console, the xbox is objectively worse at a higher price.

My car has voice options. Those were great for a day or two, but then I figured out that you can do everything much faster by hand.
As far as I know, pushing a button will always be faster than speaking a sentence.

Why would I want it to scan what tv programs I like? That's more disturbing then useful.

no....no it can not.

So subjective reasons are suddenly legitimate arguments?

other reasons might be friends purchasing the same system, or maybe just becasue you like all of the x1 features that are offered.

so there is a reason to buy it, maybe if your IQ was a little higher you'd see that.

So, once again, subjective reasons are legitimate arguments?

The reality of it is this:

The xbox is build for apps, not for video games.
As a video game console, the xbox is worse and costs $100 more.

Now why would I buy a video game on the xbox when I can get the better version of the same game on a console that costs $100 less?

Try and use real arguments, if your IQ allows for it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67681657

his link to the source is on the second post i believe.

number 23 for music

number 32 for skype

you thinking the xbox is built for apps is a subjective opinion.

you getting board with voice control is subjective opinion.

you thinking scanning tv with voice is disturbing is a subjective opinion.

you not believing in features that were already confirmed is subjective opinion.

ps4 does not have kinect that is objective

ps4 cannot snap apps and games and tv and video etc..that is objective

ps4 cannot play music and create playlists that is objective

ps4 does not have voice control that is objective

ps4 does not have motion control that is objective

the only objective thing you have ever said is ps4 hardware is stronger than xbox 1 hardware.

i don't think you know what subjective vs objective truly means.

whether you think kinect makes the xbox worse is subjective.

the FACTS are that for 100 extra dollars you buy the kinect along with all of it's added features.

whether that makes it a better or worse consile in your eyes is subjective.

so why don't just move along now.

kthxbai!
---
GT: Kozzie85
#193SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:25:01 AM
regsantotomas posted...

Incorrect.

Try doing a search using alphanumeric entry using a remote control vs simply speaking the title of the movie or TV show and the options instantly appearing.

Anyone who has tried doing a search using a normal remote on their AppleTV, Tivo, cable DVR recognizes this pain point.

Let's say you want to watch a film like Star Trek Into Darkness. Which is faster?

A. saying "Star Trek Into Darkness"

or

B. typing on your remote. up up left left left left "s" right right right up right "t" left left left. You get the point. Entering the Konami code would be faster.

That's correct if you have a large digital movie library.
But I've yet to see the kinect do this in reality.

I've seen the commercials and everything, but I've never actually seen it in action on any video doing these things.
#194Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 11:31:06 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Wrong, the xbox has 11 launch games, the ps4 has 14.

Many more features? What would those be? Watching TV through your xbox? Is that a feature?

ps4 has better hardware
all these are objective facts.
so stop using just the hardware excuse

I've already proven one of those objective facts wrong, you've given no evidence for the second.

Hardware is not an excuse, it's the most important thing about a video game console outside of the games.
If your hardware is severely lacking before the next generation has even started, when the competitor isn't and costs less, there is a clear issue.

first off i said exclusive games. not overall games.

only exclusive launch games ps4 has is killzone and knact.

also yes tv through xbox is a feature.

whether you like it or not is your ********* problem. but it's still a feature.

if the xbox was 500 without any of the other features then yea....it would be a dumb choice.

however thats not the case. the xbox may offer weaker hardware but offers many other features to supplement your gaming experience.

whether you like it or not doesnt matter in an objective setting.
---
#195Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 11:34:16 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
regsantotomas posted...

Incorrect.

Try doing a search using alphanumeric entry using a remote control vs simply speaking the title of the movie or TV show and the options instantly appearing.

Anyone who has tried doing a search using a normal remote on their AppleTV, Tivo, cable DVR recognizes this pain point.

Let's say you want to watch a film like Star Trek Into Darkness. Which is faster?

A. saying "Star Trek Into Darkness"

or

B. typing on your remote. up up left left left left "s" right right right up right "t" left left left. You get the point. Entering the Konami code would be faster.

That's correct if you have a large digital movie library.
But I've yet to see the kinect do this in reality.

I've seen the commercials and everything, but I've never actually seen it in action on any video doing these things.

maybe becasue it hasn't been released yet you prat.

and big digital library? try every movie and game available. you dont have to own it to search for it. you can be searching to rent or to buy a movie/game/cd album.
---
#196SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:36:07 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67681657

his link to the source is on the second post i believe.

number 23 for music

number 32 for skype

That's correct, I didn't know that.

Wrong, just look at the hardware and the multiplatform games.

And this guy already said it was months ago:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/eloj/blog/xbone-esram-gpu-performance-problems-rumors/101270/

The primary risk with large dies of course are low yields, resulting in higher costs to get enough dies that meet your specification. Now, Microsoft was not building a gaming machine first. They wanted more focus on applications that historically have not been heavily optimized for one platform. A relatively fat OS, and applications from developers who are not used to the scant resources typically awarded a gaming console, leads to one design conclusion; "we need lots of memory!"

So they design for 8GB, from the start. Again, they put applications (and cost) above gaming, and go for a well known, cheap, plentiful technology in DDR3. Back then 8GB of GDDR5 would look too expensive, almost insane, and DDR4 wasn't on the immediate horizon.

To compensate the gaming side, they now need some fast RAM, hence 32MB eSRAM on-die. The XBone eSRAM is said to be a 6T type, meaning that each bit requires six transistors. 32MB gives us 32*1024*1024*8 bits times six equals 1,610,612,736 transistors. That's 1.6 billion, a huge chunk out of the total 5 billion!

They do desperately need this very fast cache-like memory to fix the fact that they're using "slow" DDR3, which they settled on because they wanted to have a lot of it, for apps -- not games.

you getting board with voice control is subjective opinion.

you thinking scanning tv with voice is disturbing is a subjective opinion.

Of course it's subjective. That's the point: you can't attribute a value to it.

you not believing in features that were already confirmed is subjective opinion.

ps4 does not have kinect that is objective

xbox does not have ps eye
xbox cannot go to the xmb
xbox cannot play cod at 1080p
xbox cannot ply bf4 at 900p
xbox does not have voice control if you don't connect the kinect
xbox does not have motion control if you do not connect the kinect
ps4 does have voice control if you connect the ps eye
ps4 does have motion control if you connect the ps eye

Listing things one console can not do over the other doesn't get you anywhere and doesn't address the price difference.

the only objective thing you have ever said is ps4 hardware is stronger than xbox 1 hardware.

I don't think you have any clue what you're saying.
Same as when you claimed the kinect would have it's own OS.

the FACTS are that for 100 extra dollars you buy the kinect along with all of it's added features.

kthxbai!

That's pretty much the problem: you get the kinect, something that a lot of people don't even want, instead of better hardware.

You could have had games running at 1080p if the kinect wasn't mandatory.

http://i.imgur.com/xGl3Klu.png
#197SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:38:25 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...

first off i said exclusive games. not overall games.

only exclusive launch games ps4 has is killzone and knact.

And you're wrong.

http://imgur.com/pNqWIOO

Xbox has 11 exclusive launch games, ps4 has 14.

also yes tv through xbox is a feature.
whether you like it or not is your ********* problem. but it's still a feature.

if the xbox was 500 without any of the other features then yea....it would be a dumb choice.

however thats not the case. the xbox may offer weaker hardware but offers many other features to supplement your gaming experience.

whether you like it or not doesnt matter in an objective setting.

What features? List them.
#198SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 11:52:05 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...

maybe becasue it hasn't been released yet you prat.

and big digital library? try every movie and game available. you dont have to own it to search for it. you can be searching to rent or to buy a movie/game/cd album.

How is that relevant?

The console comes out in less than a month and half of the mentioned "features" haven't even been shown to work.
That's an issue.

That doesn't even make sense, if I had the game/movie on a disc, searching for it with the kinect would be pointless since I'd need to insert it into the drive first.

It could be good for searching for it to buy it, but again, that's only if it actually works.
I've had a kinect1.0 and it didn't work as supposed to half the time.
From what I've seen from the kinect 2.0 (which is nothing but it being used in games) it's still hardly any better.

http://i.imgur.com/TQQWuj8.gif

Just look at the delay.
#199Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 11:52:18 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

Wrong, just look at the hardware and the multiplatform games.

And this guy already said it was months ago:

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/eloj/blog/xbone-esram-gpu-performance-problems-rumors/101270/

using one bloggers article that the xbox was primarily an app machine is stupid. the article itself is just the dudes opinion which is subjective.

<ps4 does not have kinect that is objective

xbox does not have ps eye Irrelivant, not included in system bundle. which we are talking about
xbox cannot go to the xmb irrelivant this is the ui, both systems include a ui. you are really grasping here arn't you
xbox cannot play cod at 1080pthis is included in the hardware discussion, posting it for multiple games is irellivant
xbox cannot ply bf4 at 900pthis is included in the hardware discussion, posting it for multiple games is irellivant

xbox does not have voice control if you don't connect the kinect
xbox does not have motion control if you do not connect the kinect
ps4 does have voice control if you connect the ps eye
ps4 does have motion control if you connect the ps eye

kinect comes with system, ps eye does not, so out of the box for the price of the system ps4 will not have access to any voive/motion features and xbox will have access

Listing things one console can not do over the other doesn't get you anywhere and doesn't address the price difference.

I don't think you have any clue what you're saying.
Same as when you claimed the kinect would have it's own OS.

kthxbai!

That's pretty much the problem: you get the kinect, something that a lot of people don't even want, instead of better hardware. that's subjective...if you want kinect you'll buy it. if not you'll get the ps4

You could have had games running at 1080p if the kinect wasn't mandatory. we do have some games running at 1080p

http://i.imgur.com/xGl3Klu.png

---
#200SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 12:06:59 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...

using one bloggers article that the xbox was primarily an app machine is stupid. the article itself is just the dudes opinion which is subjective.

If you actually read what he writes and look at what state the multiplatform games are in, it makes sense.

xbox does not have ps eye Irrelivant, not included in system bundle. which we are talking about
xbox cannot go to the xmb irrelivant this is the ui, both systems include a ui. you are really grasping here arn't you
xbox cannot play cod at 1080pthis is included in the hardware discussion, posting it for multiple games is irellivant
xbox cannot ply bf4 at 900pthis is included in the hardware discussion, posting it for multiple games is irellivant

Including the eye in your ps4 purchase will still come out to the ps4 costing $40 less.

All of those points are just as relevant as yours: they aren't.

kinect comes with system, ps eye does not, so out of the box for the price of the system ps4 will not have access to any voive/motion features and xbox will have access

ps4 has access if you pay $60 for the eye, which means that it even costs less with the equivalent of the kinect added in.

that's subjective...if you want kinect you'll buy it. if not you'll get the ps4

So now the only reason to get an xbox is the kinect?

we do have some games running at 1080p

That's true, but you could have had them all at the same resolution the ps4 has them at, if it wasn't for the kinect.

So it comes down to whether you think the kinect is worth an entire generation (around 7 years) of having inferior multiplatform games.