Dost XBOX ONE support external hard drives (unlike the Sony PS4)?

#1SolnotPosted 10/30/2013 3:51:08 PM
Sony says PS4 won't support external hard drives, so I need to know if Microsoft says XBOX ONE will support them or not too, so that way I can figure out if I want to cancel my preorder or not?

ok. thx XBROS. peace out.
#2squarex8264Posted 10/30/2013 3:53:01 PM
Yes, they commented a while ago that they would support external drives, but not until after launch. So, likely sometime next year.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3GuitaristMattPosted 10/30/2013 3:58:57 PM
Depends on what you mean by external hard drives, since PS4 does support them. It supports them like the PS3 did, just not like the Wii U does (which is slower and more expensive than replacing the internal drive).
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#4RollnThunder213Posted 10/30/2013 4:06:51 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Depends on what you mean by external hard drives, since PS4 does support them. It supports them like the PS3 did, just not like the Wii U does (which is slower and more expensive than replacing the internal drive).

No, you obviously didn't read the PS4 FAQ put out by Sony. There is no ability to use external hard drives at all.

Microsoft has stated no support at launch but it will be put out in a patch later. I bet within the next 6 months you'll see it.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#5mrshowtime333Posted 10/30/2013 4:16:51 PM
Yes, You can use external HD. And save games to that external drive. But that feature isnt coming until after launch.
#6TauriLeaderPosted 10/31/2013 12:23:48 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...

No, you obviously didn't read the PS4 FAQ put out by Sony. There is no ability to use external hard drives at all.

You are wrong on this. If you read it it can't be used to store install data which doesn't matter since you can install a bigger HDD which the Xbox can't. It has been confirmed you can use an external HDD to install the firmware update.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#7ChUmPr0kSPosted 10/31/2013 1:08:30 AM
TauriLeader posted...
RollnThunder213 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...

You are wrong on this. If you read it it can't be used to store install data which doesn't matter since you can install a bigger HDD which the Xbox can't. It has been confirmed you can use an external HDD to install the firmware update.

Correct. External Hdd are supported, but not for PS4 data storage, the same as PS3. TC doesnt got his facts right.
---
PSN: eL_m0r0n
http://dlcquickplay.com/songs/chumpr0ks
#8squidney2k1Posted 10/31/2013 1:17:48 AM
What it means is that the PS4 will not support any external (i.e. USB) hard drives. If you want a bigger HDD, you'll have to replace the internal one (min of 160 GB).

The surprising revelation is that you need at least 160 GB HDD inside the machine which kind of adds fire to the speculation that a massive 95 GB is reserved by the OS. That's a huge chunk, and that could mean that you're possibly only getting 405 GB of free space on the normal HDD.
---
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/
#9Spetsnaz420Posted 10/31/2013 1:36:16 AM
Fail thread
---
I don't conform to social convention