Why is everyone acting like 720p is here to stay?

#1Recluse01Posted 10/30/2013 6:28:40 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but launch titles on the PS3 and 360 also looked far inferior graphically to what we have today. Is that not going to be the case with the new systems?

Next year's version of CoD, and all future versions, will run 1080p at 60 FPS on the X1.

The only reason it isn't with ghosts is because the system isn't as easy to develop for as PS4 is, and they didn't have the time to work their magic on it.
#2DeadMercenaryPosted 10/30/2013 6:29:57 PM
Problem starts getting worse as they add more things to games, they always have to cut things to make it friendly to the console as it gets older.
#3triple sPosted 10/30/2013 6:32:12 PM
Not exactly. Take God of War 2 for example. That looks better than any PS2 game released in the first several years, runs great and in 480p.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#4DeadMercenaryPosted 10/30/2013 6:33:52 PM
This gen is less complex to develop for than any previous generation of consoles that im aware of. There will be less learning about the hardware this time around. There will of course be improvements to maximize what they can get, but I don't believe it will be quite the same.
#5rubberGasketPosted 10/30/2013 6:34:51 PM
Because most people on this board are sonyites.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#6Recluse01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 6:37:21 PM
DeadMercenary posted...
Problem starts getting worse as they add more things to games, they always have to cut things to make it friendly to the console as it gets older.

No doubt about that, but both systems will have that problem. It just comes with the nature of non-upgradeable systems.

DeadMercenary posted...
This gen is less complex to develop for than any previous generation of consoles that im aware of. There will be less learning about the hardware this time around. There will of course be improvements to maximize what they can get, but I don't believe it will be quite the same.

Less complex maybe, but that doesn't mean they are going to be easy right off the bat. Which is where we are now. I think we are going to see some amazing graphical performances out of both systems in the years ahead.
#7L4YER_CAKEPosted 10/30/2013 6:40:47 PM(edited)
Correct on all counts Recluse,

To answer your topic question though, because flame wars.

It's true, for every dumbass topic that xbone super fanboy zephirannes or the like makes on the ps4 board about titanfall's exclusivity, or the lack of mp3 playback; guys like nathandrakeswag will come on here and have a great laugh at the Xbox One state of affairs regarding 720p or whatever the big controversy is at the time.

Since there's no way to organize any sort of peace treaty among the two boards, people just have to keep on trolling and reassuring themselves.

EDIT:
Because most people on this board are sonyites.

^^^^
Case and point, as if the ps4 board is completely bereft of any Xbites at all, right?
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#8MmaguyPosted 10/30/2013 6:38:41 PM
It might stay, it might not. There WILL be performance enhancements as time passes and they learn how to make use of the Xbox One's hardware better, this is just a fact. However, the question is what is the limit of those enhancements?

Everyone right now is just shooting into the dark regarding the future of the consoles. Do you know how many people I've seen buying Wii U's and how much more the Wii U is selling now and will be selling soon compared to what it once was and what everyone thought it would do? People thought it would be dead by now, when reality it's picking up sales and releasing AAA games.

Everyone should just relax on all this stuff.
#9NSGraphitePosted 10/30/2013 6:41:41 PM
There will be 1080p games. as developers learn to further optimize games for the consoles, but thats a couple of years out still. and of course there will be developers who shoot for a 1080p target and sacrifice in other areas (graphics and frame rate) to achieve it.

But i do think about 5 years into this generation, the majority of new game releases on both platforms will be 1080p/60
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#10steelix55Posted 10/30/2013 6:42:10 PM
Graphics will no doubt get better as this generation goes on, because graphics engines are going to get better, and game developers are going to be more comfortable working with those graphics engines, and will be able to squeeze more out of them and the consoles as time goes on. That said, the more graphically complex a game becomes, the less chance that game has at running at 1080p 60 FPS. That is what is concerning to me. That the Xbox One can't even hit 1080p 60 FPS on what is virtually a current gen graphics engine. Doesn't bode well for the future of the console IMO. Still will probably pick one up because I have my PC for graphics.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86