Why is everyone acting like 720p is here to stay?

#21Special-EddPosted 10/31/2013 4:56:15 AM
Mmaguy posted...

You're my favorite person on the internet right now.

^_^

L4YER_CAKE posted...
The fact that you can still see when someone quotes them makes it a completely useless feature to boot. The only people on my ignore list get quoted ALL THE TIME.

But yeah, I do see that the Xbox One board catches more **** than the ps4 board. I just don't like the implication that genuine ps4 fans are all just hanging out here trolling you guys. At least this board can be happy that they have only a fraction of the PC elitist dicks as the ps4 board.

Oh absolutely. I'm a genuine PS4 fan myself but I've seen plenty of people discussing the console without resorting to flaming the XB1. Nothing is wrong with being a PS4 fan but the trolls just want to watch the console flame wars burn on.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#22Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 5:06:29 AM
Good topic and good posting guys. On topic 720p is not here to stay it will only get better as more relases come out, for example of COD/BF4 they were also made for the PS3/360 ports I'm sure that had something to do with it since they couldn't focus on the next versions, like another poster said Forza 5 and NBA 2k are at 1080p and Ryse looks very detailed at 900p. Also look at last gen with the PS3 games exclusives like Inafmous and Uncharted, they were 720p and they looked gorgeous.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#23BloodyDove2vsPosted 10/31/2013 5:09:23 AM
Recluse01 posted...
Correct me if im wrong, but launch titles on the PS3 and 360 also looked far inferior graphically to what we have today. Is that not going to be the case with the new systems?

Next year's version of CoD, and all future versions, will run 1080p at 60 FPS on the X1.

The only reason it isn't with ghosts is because the system isn't as easy to develop for as PS4 is, and they didn't have the time to work their magic on it.

upscaling brotha
---
ES RAM will always be a bottleneck for X1.(resistance is futile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/31/2013 5:24:50 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Correct on all counts Recluse,

To answer your topic question though, because flame wars.

It's true, for every dumbass topic that xbone super fanboy zephirannes or the like makes on the ps4 board about titanfall's exclusivity, or the lack of mp3 playback; guys like nathandrakeswag will come on here and have a great laugh at the Xbox One state of affairs regarding 720p or whatever the big controversy is at the time.

Since there's no way to organize any sort of peace treaty among the two boards, people just have to keep on trolling and reassuring themselves.

EDIT:
Because most people on this board are sonyites.

^^^^
Case and point, as if the ps4 board is completely bereft of any Xbites at all, right?

I just have one thing to add

The cake is a lie
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#25IzecPosted 10/31/2013 5:43:14 AM
Because ESRAM.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#26SavageTrooperPosted 10/31/2013 6:06:49 AM
Ink_F301 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
X1 has outdated GPU and Memory Ram.

You can't magically turn your GTX 660 to a GTX Titan. It doesn't work that way.

John Carmack will disagree with you. He's from ID Games and is one of the best game programers out there. He has hands-on dev experience with both X1 and PS4 he says they are neck and neck.

Well he is wrong. Look at BF4 and COD for example. We will see more of this with other games as well. Cormack can say whatever he wants, but in reality, the power difference is starting to show.