A history of Call of Duty resolutions!

#1benjimainPosted 10/30/2013 10:44:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qWs3tuQ.png

Courtesy of somebody on NeoGAF!
#2slyman19Posted 10/30/2013 10:55:06 PM
Man, so that`s why Black Ops 1 looked so bad on PS3.
#3benjimain(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:58:01 PM
Well it'll all look bad compared to the gigantic resolution that is the 1080p PS4 version of Ghosts!
#4TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/30/2013 11:07:28 PM(edited)
I know this is just a launch title, and Call of Duty at that (devs not exactly known for trying too hard in a technical sense), but still, come on, MS, what the actual ****? How do you go from making my second favorite console of all time, the Xbox OG, to this identity-confused chimera?

"it's a multimedia box... where other systems can already perform 95% of its 'features', and the remaining 5% that is Kinect TV is mooted by the fact that many, if not most, big name TVs introduced after 2010/2011 have some sort of voice/motion control."

Are MS's execs really this stupid? Did their analytics and focus groups really lead to this mess? "let's focus our energy on a dying medium as well as leaning on a slight convenience boost in the form of certain Kinect functions for media and games"

I mean, I can handle 720p/900p games as a standard, I have no issue playing Xbox 360 right alongside my PC games on the same TV, as long as the games are good, but it's getting really hard to justify looking like a ******* dork and lining up outside Best Buy or GameStop just to plop down $500 at launch for ultimately only two or three games I care about (DR3, FM5, and Ryse if it turns out better than expected)

Literally all they have to lean on is remaining the platform of choice for online gaming. Barring some post-launch PS4 disaster, it doesn't really seem like One is going to carry that legacy of Xb/Xb360. "Here kids, enjoy Call of Duty with 50% less pixels and probably worse graphics, hell, the controller advantage for FPS is gone too now that the DualShock is no longer garbage for FPS"
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#5slyman19Posted 10/30/2013 11:03:41 PM
benjimain posted...
Well it'll all look bad compared to the gigantic resolution that is the 1080p PS4 version of Ghosts!


Yeah, but nothing will ever be as crappy as the PS3 version of Black Ops. That is a whole new level of embarrassment. I mean, it just blows my mind that a system as powerful as the PS3 had a resolution that terrible in 2010.
#6benjimain(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 11:57:05 PM
Nah, what's more embarrassing is an 8th gen console that struggles to render the mediocrity of Ghosts at anything other than 720p.

That is humiliating! LOL epic ouch!
#7a687947Posted 10/31/2013 12:00:01 AM
benjimain posted...
Nah, what's more embarrassing is an 8th gen console that struggles to render the mediocrity of Ghosts at anything other than 720p.

That is humiliating! LOL epic ouch!


so are you wanting some kind of congratulations for acting like a child?
#8EpicKingdom_Posted 10/31/2013 12:03:13 AM
So terrible... all of them.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#9slyman19Posted 10/31/2013 12:03:41 AM
benjimain posted...
Nah, what's more embarrassing is an 8th gen console that struggles to render the mediocrity of Ghosts at anything other than 720p.

That is humiliating! LOL epic ouch!


8th or 7th, what`s the difference? At the time the PS3 was the most powerful system available and by 2010, devs had a lot of time with the system. It`s pathetic how low that BO resolution is.
#10squarex8264Posted 10/31/2013 12:22:34 AM
slyman19 posted...
benjimain posted...
Nah, what's more embarrassing is an 8th gen console that struggles to render the mediocrity of Ghosts at anything other than 720p.

That is humiliating! LOL epic ouch!


8th or 7th, what`s the difference? At the time the PS3 was the most powerful system available and by 2010, devs had a lot of time with the system. It`s pathetic how low that BO resolution is.


Seems pretty strange, especially since we are talking 4 years into the PS3's lifespan.

Also, the Infinity Ward games had higher resolutions. I guess they just had issues optimizing for that game. But, I'm sure benjimain would agree that since that game had crap resolution, it must mean all PS3 games had crap resolution...
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade