Sony KNEW about Xbox One's Resolution

#11CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 4:59:41 AM
chrish909 posted...

You realize the ps4 is releasing in 2 weeks are there is little to no hype for it. There is basically no reason to buy it except to play aged f2p games and killzone. Do people honestly believe people are going out in droves to buy ps4 for killzone?

Nope but they go out and buy the console with the best console versions of multiplatform games. I know a quite a few people who ONLY play COD all the time and all make the switch to PS4 for superior COD.
#12Kazuya_80Posted 10/31/2013 5:07:33 AM
Both systems will be more ancient when compared to the X360 and PS3 within the same amount of time thanks to being more cheap with the components.
#13VanderZooPosted 10/31/2013 5:16:04 AM(edited)
Kazuya_80 posted...
Both systems will be more ancient when compared to the X360 and PS3 within the same amount of time thanks to being more cheap with the components.

PS4 is powerful enough to outlast most people's PC's for the next few years. And PC is irrelevant anyway, they're significantly more expensive and they don't get optimisation like a console.

Having outdated hardware is an issue for PC gamers because dev's just move on forcing you to upgrade to keep up. It's not a problem with consoles because it's a single SKU, dev's will always work to optimise the game for your hardware.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#14SoulTrapperPosted 10/31/2013 7:15:36 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...

That's most likely true: technological developments will make it so that this generation won't last as long as the previous one.
PC is already ahead of consoles and it will only pull further ahead in the coming years.

That said, the ps4 is build to last longer than the xbox based purely on the hardware.
#15ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/31/2013 7:20:09 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...

Very true, hence why I think this Gen will be far shorter than the previous one (5 years max). Doubly so is MS gets its ass kicked and thus will probably want to start the next Gen as soon as possible.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#16SavageTrooperPosted 10/31/2013 7:36:37 AM
chrish909 posted...
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
I think Activision is already planning their exit strategy from their partnership with MS. It started with Bungie and soon with COD. They know PS4 is where the most money will be made next gen.

You realize the ps4 is releasing in 2 weeks are there is little to no hype for it. There is basically no reason to buy it except to play aged f2p games and killzone. Do people honestly believe people are going out in droves to buy ps4 for killzone? Its going to be like ps3 all over again, but worse ps3 had a better lineup than the joke that is ps4.

Why are all the fanboys trying to convince everyone that ps4 is the better option? You are setting ps4 up to fail by hyping it up. Ps4 would have a better chance if it was the underdog and succeeded where ms failed like at e3.

Well seeing as how Killzone alone has more preorders than every Xbox One exclusive combined, it's safe to say yes, people think it's worth getting a PS4 for killzone and other launch titles as well. You can hate all you want on Killzone, but it's your opinion, juss like those preorder numbers show that people are interested in it more than there are people interested in Xbox One exclusives.
#17Dangerboy22Posted 10/31/2013 7:41:22 AM
chrish909 posted...

You realize the ps4 is releasing in 2 weeks are there is little to no hype for it. There is basically no reason to buy it except to play aged f2p games and killzone. Do people honestly believe people are going out in droves to buy ps4 for killzone? Its going to be like ps3 all over again, but worse ps3 had a better lineup than the joke that is ps4.

Why are all the fanboys trying to convince everyone that ps4 is the better option? You are setting ps4 up to fail by hyping it up. Ps4 would have a better chance if it was the underdog and succeeded where ms failed like at e3.

As opposed to what exactly on the Xbox one? I would say Killzone has as big, if not bigger, audience than dead rising. Other than those two, pretty much everything else is multi platform with the ps4 getting the better versions. Throw in the fact that the ps4 is $100 cheaper to boot. Sorry to break it to you, but to non fanboys, the ps4 looks like the better deal AT THIS TIME.

I'm getting both. I'm no fanboy of either system. I do however love when fanboys call out fanboys for being fanboys.
---
---
---Why do you people try and reason with idiots like the TC? Seriously, it's like Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to Forest Gump.---
#18Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 10/31/2013 7:53:45 AM
Sony will do better than MS at launch for one reason. It isn't games either. I'm much more impressed at what MS has at launch. It's not even close to me. It's because MS screwed up earlier. Sony screwed up last gen and spent the whole gen trying to fix it. This gen MS will have to do that.
#19EllesarienPosted 10/31/2013 7:58:31 AM
Yep. For-profit gaming companies are going to leave MS and all the revenue they make off them during a console generation because of the COD 720p thing.

Jesus...how do most of you even figure out how to open your front door in the morning.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#20MetroidFan9999Posted 10/31/2013 8:01:25 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Yep. For-profit gaming companies are going to leave MS and all the revenue they make off them during a console generation because of the COD 720p thing.

Jesus...how do most of you even figure out how to open your front door in the morning.

"Leaving" would entail dropping the timed DLC exclusivity deals.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif