Microsoft has no interest in making a game console

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 10/31/2013 6:07:38 AM
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.
#2khardboredPosted 10/31/2013 6:08:47 AM
Loads of games beg to differ.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3Ch3wyPosted 10/31/2013 6:09:07 AM
wtf are you talking about, they're coming out with one in a few weeks here.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4BigAl519Posted 10/31/2013 6:10:25 AM
Glad to see another person on this board with some sense TC! All these blind fans can't see that MS doesn't care about their gaming. Its about entertainment of other sorts now. MS has screwed over gamers yet these sheep still take the bait.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#5BloodyDove2vsPosted 10/31/2013 6:10:42 AM
Best topic all year.
---
ES RAM will always be a bottleneck for X1.(resistance is futile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#6SilentS89Posted 10/31/2013 6:12:29 AM
You might actually be more cynical than I am.

Impressive.
#7Jiggy101011Posted 10/31/2013 6:14:06 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 6:15:15 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/

My guess would be is that it was a combination of his ass and Neogaf but that's just a rumor I heard.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9BadLuckIncPosted 10/31/2013 6:18:51 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...

My guess would be is that it was a combination of his ass and Neogaf but that's just a rumor I heard.

That mixture is known to cause death if inhaled too much.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#10Jiggy101011Posted 10/31/2013 6:22:14 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...

You and I need to stop quoting eachother lol, people are going to think we are the same person.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.