Microsoft has no interest in making a game console

#11Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 6:31:28 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/

My guess would be is that it was a combination of his ass and Neogaf but that's just a rumor I heard.

You and I need to stop quoting eachother lol, people are going to think we are the same person.

Haha well I quote a lot of people lol, but I just thought it was funny how you pointed out the obvious, and because not everyone is always brave enough to do that against a negative person on the X1 boards.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#12x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 6:39:56 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Glad to see another person on this board with some sense TC! All these blind fans can't see that MS doesn't care about their gaming. Its about entertainment of other sorts now. MS has screwed over gamers yet these sheep still take the bait.

Yet I'll spend as much time gaming on the Xbox One as I do now with the Xbox 360. Except now I'll be online more often because I can watch television while connected, browse certain apps and continue to watch streaming video. I'll surely spend countless hours on Call of Duty, Battlefield and Forza but according to you that can't be. Microsoft cares about gaming but so many fanboys out there just can't admit it. Competition is good and if you want to make fun of something how about starting with that Social Media Share button Sony has included on the controller. That was one of the worst ideas ever that serves no purpose.
#13Jiggy101011Posted 10/31/2013 6:47:15 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/

My guess would be is that it was a combination of his ass and Neogaf but that's just a rumor I heard.

You and I need to stop quoting eachother lol, people are going to think we are the same person.

Haha well I quote a lot of people lol, but I just thought it was funny how you pointed out the obvious, and because not everyone is always brave enough to do that against a negative person on the X1 boards.

I love having discussions, but when someone says their opinion but pushes it like it is factual then I tend to speak up and ask for a link to backup what they are saying.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#14GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 6:57:58 AM
Microsoft is not a hardware company. They make the vast majority of their profits from selling licenses to Windows, Office, and their other proprietary software.

Why are they pushing multimedia more aggressively than games on the Xbone? Why did they try to foist all the DRM onto their sheep? Because they have no interest in game consoles and no interest in perpetuating the "myth" of game ownership. Like their main core business, they want to sell licenses for content on the Bone instead of making actual games and letting the sheep feel like they pay to own something.
#15Jiggy101011Posted 10/31/2013 7:05:34 AM
Microsoft is not a hardware company. They make the vast majority of their profits from selling licenses to Windows, Office, and their other proprietary software.

Why are they pushing multimedia more aggressively than games on the Xbone? Why did they try to foist all the DRM onto their sheep? Because they have no interest in game consoles and no interest in perpetuating the "myth" of game ownership. Like their main core business, they want to sell licenses for content on the Bone instead of making actual games and letting the sheep feel like they pay to own something.

Did you seriously skip all the responses in this thread? Did you not go to the link I provided? I am just going to guess you didnt. Pick your poison:

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Spends+1+Billion+on+Exclusive+Xbox+One+Games/article31656.htm

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-spending-1-billion-on-xbox-one-games-254896.phtml
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#16Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/31/2013 7:09:25 AM

Well they make game consoles, tablets, and now phones. Pretty sure that makes them a hardware company now.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#17BrownGottiPosted 10/31/2013 7:14:38 AM
Yet they pour money in EA's pockets for Titanfall exclusive.

Give it up TC!!
#18streamjumperPosted 10/31/2013 7:33:16 AM

They may have made the assumption that people already know that the word "Xbox" means "Video games here" and opted to tell people about the features less expected from a console.

Apparently this line of reasoning is flawed since now there are both people like you AND confused octogenarian grandparents puzzled by this Machiavellian line of reasoning. Let me clear this up for you... It plays video games. They're making a box full of circuits that are fully capable of playing all kinds of games. They are also making games to put in it. They called up some compatriots from their Friday night poker game and Tuesday's bowling league and having them make games too. It also does other stuff too, but I won't get into that because I don't want to confuse you about the games part.

Now help me find those 80-year olds. Last I hear they left automotives and are headed for the stationary department muttering about how hard it is to find boxes to give their great-grandchildren. And how much better things were back when boxes only did one thing.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#19SunDevil77Posted 10/31/2013 7:33:17 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

Did you seriously skip all the responses in this thread? Did you not go to the link I provided? I am just going to guess you didnt. Pick your poison:

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Spends+1+Billion+on+Exclusive+Xbox+One+Games/article31656.htm

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-spending-1-billion-on-xbox-one-games-254896.phtml

Of course he skipped all the comments. They don't support his mindless drivel.

He can't just be a rational human and feels like he has to force his opinion on everyone.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#20GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 7:38:22 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...

You don't know how much of that money is going toward actual game development. I would say it's more toward marketing spend, buying exclusive licenses for multimedia content, and DLC. If they spend money on exclusives like Titanfall, it's only a Trojan Horse to get sheep to buy Gold subscriptions and eventually other annual licenses to pay other games or access media content.

They are no longer in the business of developing indie games or developing new IP because again, they are not interested in gaming.