Microsoft has no interest in making a game console

#31renzsweetPosted 10/31/2013 9:11:21 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/

He never said they were NOT making games: he said they did not CARE about games. I fully agree that their focus seems to be on entertainment and they would drop games at a moment if given a profitable chance.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#32VasDeferensPosted 10/31/2013 9:14:30 AM
Game consoles are so 90's anyway . Onward and upward !
#33eastofeastsidePosted 10/31/2013 9:15:13 AM
Game consoles are dead. This *is* the era of living room entertainment hubs.
#34pigman2003Posted 10/31/2013 9:30:27 AM
Seriously? Microsoft has more new AAA IP's than the PS4, by far. They've opened new studios, they're providing dedicated servers for EVERY game for FREE, and they've already set aside a billion dollars for games.

The Xbox One has a dozen things you can complain about, games aren't one.
#35GuyFawkes5Posted 10/31/2013 9:30:35 AM
BigAl519 posted...
Glad to see another person on this board with some sense TC! All these blind fans can't see that MS doesn't care about their gaming. Its about entertainment of other sorts now. MS has screwed over gamers yet these sheep still take the bait.

this
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#36ExempliGratiaPosted 10/31/2013 9:31:19 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

You mean after they stated games would come at e3 before the conference happened they didn't show games at the initial conference? NO WAY.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#37slyman19Posted 10/31/2013 9:56:06 AM
If MS doesn't care about games, why did they spend 1 billion on games? Why did they spend over 100 million on the controller? Why did they create a program exclusively for Indies? Why do they have more AAA games announced than Sony? Why did they make Titanfall exclusive?
#38DamnEvilDogPosted 10/31/2013 10:05:06 AM
I just got on to Gamefaqs today and this is probably the dumbest topic I will read all day, congrats I guess?
#39Board_ColliePosted 10/31/2013 10:11:20 AM
slyman19 posted...
I Why do they have more AAA games announced than Sony?

Let me guess, a game becomes automatically AAA if it's exclusive to Xbox One and non AAA Xbox One exclusives don't exist? Right?
#40SlaysmePosted 10/31/2013 10:11:34 AM
Doesn't the ps4 do all of that stuff, too? It's perception. Microsoft wants nintendo's people, and Sony wants the 360 peoples the other demography are the same as before.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily