Microsoft has no interest in making a game console

#41slyman19Posted 10/31/2013 9:15:07 AM
Board_Collie posted...
slyman19 posted...
I Why do they have more AAA games announced than Sony?

Let me guess, a game becomes automatically AAA if it's exclusive to Xbox One and non AAA Xbox One exclusives don't exist? Right?

Um, no. AAA means that a game has a large budget.
#42Board_ColliePosted 10/31/2013 9:17:47 AM
slyman19 posted...
Board_Collie posted...
slyman19 posted...

Let me guess, a game becomes automatically AAA if it's exclusive to Xbox One and non AAA Xbox One exclusives don't exist? Right?

No. That would mean flops like Lair and Too Human are AAA games. AAA simply means it's a high quality time, even low budget games can have high quality and be AAA.
#43Jiggy101011Posted 10/31/2013 9:27:19 AM
renzsweet posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
That's why they've defunded their internal studios and aren't interested in funding indie games or new IP. That's why during the Xbone's initial public introduction, they barely touched on the gaming aspects of the machine. That's why they were so willing to screw gamers while kissing up to content providers like ESPN and Netflix. Do you all recall the Xbone's very first commercial? It was about watching the NFL on the machine, not playing games.

Microsoft is more interested in competing with Apple and selling a living room hub than a game console. I have no doubt that they would be happy to drop games altogether to just sell annual licenses to watch movies, TV, and sports.

So im not sure where you got your information, my guess would be your ass, but here is a link showing they are throwing $1 billion into games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-investing-1-billion-into-xbox-one-games/1100-6408992/

He never said they were NOT making games: he said they did not CARE about games. I fully agree that their focus seems to be on entertainment and they would drop games at a moment if given a profitable chance.

$1 billion dollars spent on games = not caring about games.... huh?
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#44HowatizerPosted 10/31/2013 9:35:13 AM
Board_Collie posted...
slyman19 posted...
Board_Collie posted...
slyman19 posted...

No. That would mean flops like Lair and Too Human are AAA games. AAA simply means it's a high quality time, even low budget games can have high quality and be AAA.

What are you even talking about? AAA game is one developed by one of the larger game studios with a far expanded budget as opposed to others in the same field.

A small dev can make a successful game with a small budget, but that doesn't fit in with the defintion of what a AAA game is in the video game market.
---
If you hack/mod/exploit/dupe in online games or are in support such things, you are the literal scum of gaming. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
#452pac_Alypse_NowPosted 10/31/2013 9:44:15 AM
It's funny how upset people get over consoles and brands in general. People insult each other online in the name of loyalty to a billion dollar multinational company. When we take a step back and actually see what were doing its sad.
I'm all for supporting what you believe in but putting faith in a faceless corporation is pointless. Why tear each other down call each other names?

I long for the day we can have conversations that don't spiral into harsh insults. It would be nice to have an intelligent conversation with mature people.

Even this reposnse I'm typing right now will get picked apart. Here's hoping i didn't mispell anything.
---
Advocate for gay rights, equality with respect to race and gender and working for a safer world
#46EnmaDaio2588Posted 10/31/2013 9:46:21 AM
I can see this as being true...Microsoft seemed incapable of holding on to an exclusive game last generation and, all of the exclusive games they had for the Xbox are nowhere to be seen except Panzer Dragoon and, Halo.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#47SonyPonyTonyPosted 10/31/2013 9:54:35 AM
taking a look at PS4 and X1's exclusive launch lineups it easily looks like X1 is the dominant gaming console. PS4 just looks sad with no games :(
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#48streamjumperPosted 10/31/2013 7:45:33 PM
2pac_Alypse_Now posted...
It's funny how upset people get over consoles and brands in general. People insult each other online in the name of loyalty to a billion dollar multinational company. When we take a step back and actually see what were doing its sad.
I'm all for supporting what you believe in but putting faith in a faceless corporation is pointless. Why tear each other down call each other names?

I long for the day we can have conversations that don't spiral into harsh insults. It would be nice to have an intelligent conversation with mature people.

Even this reposnse I'm typing right now will get picked apart. Here's hoping i didn't mispell anything.

You mean when gamers were more interested in talking about games in general than in some kind of wang-waving popularity contest like prevalent among the jocks and popular kids who treated us like subhumans because of the kind of fun we liked? When the games were more important than some meaningless pecking order?

Clearly it is more important to indulge in old grudges and once again become warriors for a couple of warring corporations, neither of which respect us as much as we should respect ourselves.

And this is part of why the public still has such a hard time treating us like grown adults when we try to argue back against the continuing attacks against us from social and political angles.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#49Sin_Angelus_Posted 10/31/2013 8:45:48 PM
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
I can see this as being true...Microsoft seemed incapable of holding on to an exclusive game last generation and, all of the exclusive games they had for the Xbox are nowhere to be seen except Panzer Dragoon and, Halo.L

Yea except that for the past 3 years MS has had about the same number of exclusives as Sony AND they've received better ratings overall. Try again.
#50embrandedonePosted 11/1/2013 2:28:37 AM
Bump
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board