X-One CPU Speed Increase...

#1AgreeduponPosted 10/31/2013 7:11:47 AM
So what kind of resolution and frames per second would the X-One have if they didn't increase the CPU's performance?
---
Input Signature Here:
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 10/31/2013 7:13:27 AM
60 resolution per second and 1080 frames per second.

Source : I made love to that hunk, cboat from neogaf for the secrets.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3iamdanthamanPosted 10/31/2013 8:24:11 AM
They didn't increase the CPU's speed.
---
All your base are belong to us
#4FoppePosted 10/31/2013 8:38:47 AM
CPU speed is not directly related to resolution and frames per second.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that the Xbox One could run, let's say Castlevania SOTN at native 1080p60 even if we lower the CPU speed with 50%.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5crawdadPosted 10/31/2013 8:43:20 AM
They increased the GPU speed. Not the CPU.

And the change in speed probably would've had them lower certain effects to maintain the FPS and resolution.

It wouldn't have been drastic enough to make any one of their games jump from one point to another. It's just going to allow some more detail. that's about it.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#6RagnarokxvPosted 10/31/2013 9:30:35 AM
Did they actually overclock a gpu that was already running hot? They have probably increased the amount of soon-to-be faulty launch systems. Modern consoles always run hot, especially the launch hardware. That was the cause of RROD. They are so desperate to get every miniscule amount of performance to compete but I have a feeling it will cost them stability and reliability.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#7micheal82Posted 10/31/2013 9:42:50 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Did they actually overclock a gpu that was already running hot? They have probably increased the amount of soon-to-be faulty launch systems. Modern consoles always run hot, especially the launch hardware. That was the cause of RROD. They are so desperate to get every miniscule amount of performance to compete but I have a feeling it will cost them stability and reliability.

Actually they didn't overclock it even though they did increase the clock speed. MS original clock speed was a conservative approach because MS didn't want another RROD on their hands. They increased the clock speed, by a small amount because they saw that they could get some increased performance without making it unstable.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34