Microsoft - We don't need first party studios

#21ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/31/2013 9:09:48 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
takidigits2005 posted...
"Supporting a company destitute for failure?"

I think you mean "destined for failure." Destitute implies that you are without means of subsistence (food, money, etc.).

; )

I did, actually. Destitute sounded really nice and helps with the fear Mongolianing.

He's right. Its a perfectly cromulent use of the word.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#22CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 9:10:49 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
there's also an article floating around that he said he basically has a blank check from higher ups to buy whatever studio he wants if he chooses.

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....they can literally buy sony right now if they wanted to.

And yet they get their asses kicked almost all fronts recently. Vista, Windows 8, Surface, Zune, Windows phones and now the bad pre release reception for Xbox One. Money means nothing if you don't use it correctly.
#23HeathenutopiaPosted 10/31/2013 9:14:24 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Heathenutopia posted...
Sure! Keep telling yourselves that while Sony continues to prove and show otherwise.

Kinect the dots people!

Where's Sony and all their great games for PS4 they are showing? Their launch lineup sure is proving nothing.

All thirteen of Sony’s Worldwide Studios are working on PlayStation 4 titles, studio boss Shuhei Yoshida has said.

Asked by IGN if it would be “fair to say” all first-party studios are working on PlayStation 4 titles, Yoshida responded: “Is it fair or not fair? It is fair to say.”

You’ll find all thirteen of Sony’s studios listed below. Currently, only four have announced PlayStation 4 projects.

Studios: Europe

Guerrilla Games: Over 160 staff. Known for the Killzone series. Currently developing Killzone: Shadow Fall for PlayStation 4.
Guerrilla Cambridge: Known for the MediEvil series and the upcoming Killzone: Mercenary for PlayStation Vita.
Evolution Studios: Known for the MotorStorm series. Currently developing Driveclub for PlayStation 4.
London Studio: Known for the SingStar and Eye (EyeToy, EyePet) series, and the studio behind PlayStation 3′s canceled Eight Days and The Getaway.
Media Molecule: Known for the LittleBigPlanet series and the upcoming Tearaway for PlayStation Vita.
Studios: Japan

Japan Studio: Over 400 staff. Known for titles like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Siren, Demon’s Souls, and White Knight Chronicles. Currently developing Knack (and possibly The Last Guardian) for PlayStation 4.
Polyphony Digital: Known for the Gran Turismo series.
Studios: USA

Bend Studio: Known for the Syphon Filter series and Uncharted: Golden Abyss for PS Vita.
Foster City Studio: A co-developer across various Sony franchises.
Naughty Dog: Two-team studio. Known for the Uncharted and Jak series, and the upcoming The Last of Us for PlayStation 3.
San Diego Studio: Known for the MLB: The Show series.
Santa Monica Studio: Known for the God of War series.
Sucker Punch: Known for the Sly Cooper and inFAMOUS series. Currently developing inFAMOUS: Second Son for PlayStation 4.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#24CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 9:18:24 AM(edited)
Kosmo240985 posted...

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....

Yet they can't build a console that can run the new Call of Duty in 1080p. Lol. Just lol.
#25Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 9:19:05 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

Yet they can't build a console that can run the new Call of Duty in 1080p. Lol. Just lol.

Did you, just quote yourself,and laugh at your post? are, you, okay,man?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#26ACx7Posted 10/31/2013 9:20:40 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
there's also an article floating around that he said he basically has a blank check from higher ups to buy whatever studio he wants if he chooses.

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....they can literally buy sony right now if they wanted to.

All this money, and they're still getting their ass handed to them by a company that had to sell its headquarters just to avoid bankruptcy.

Pathetic...

And while MS was busy getting timed content for CoD and BF (yawn), Sony was buying up indie exclusives and locking down free games for PS Plus. MS is so far behind on the downloadable game scene with Xbox One. I will say they have done a decent job getting exclusives, but that was before all the backlash. They will have a harder time locking down deals with 3rd party in the future. That's where first party is key - they have to do what you tell them.

Timed exclusive content for two of the biggest franchises in the gaming industry isn't important... But gaining a couple of exclusive Indie games that most people will never even hear of is? I don't buy map DLC all that often and I love me some indie games. But from a marketing standpoint Microsoft got the better deal there. While they don't have as many, Microsoft is also bringing over F2P games to the Xbox.

As someone stated above... Microsoft has a lot of money. They'll be able to secure third party exclusives if they want to. There's nothing Devs like more than money. But I'll agree that it would be better if they had more first party studios. Everyone should have a Naughty Dog on their team.
#27CyborgTwentyPosted 10/31/2013 9:22:01 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

Did you, just quote yourself,and laugh at your post? are, you, okay,man?

I am not Kosmo. >_>
#28Kosmo240985Posted 10/31/2013 9:23:24 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

true...but we dont really know why. i mean x1 has games in 1080p...its not like they can't came games at 1080p.

there are reasons behind the 720p that we dont know about. more than likely it was a timing issue for release.

eventually there will be a workaround that will aid developers in maximising the x1, just like there was a workaround made for the cell in ps3. it just took a little time.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#29axelfooley2k5Posted 10/31/2013 9:24:07 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

It's so funny

Most people on these boards deserve better
They cry and moan yet they get nothing in return

Spend 800$ on a gaming PC and you won't have to go to stupid websites to see the face-off that ps4 is going to win every time
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#30axelfooley2k5Posted 10/31/2013 9:25:22 AM
They better buy 3rd party exclusives cause that is the only way they will play better on their platform
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw