Microsoft - We don't need first party studios

#31Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 9:28:28 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....

Yet they can't build a console that can run the new Call of Duty in 1080p. Lol. Just lol.

Did you, just quote yourself,and laugh at your post? are, you, okay,man?

I am not Kosmo. >_>

My mistake, no joke, in my screen it had your name instead of Kosmo I think my screen was tripping haha, carry on.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#32MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 11:30:08 AM
ACx7 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
there's also an article floating around that he said he basically has a blank check from higher ups to buy whatever studio he wants if he chooses.

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....they can literally buy sony right now if they wanted to.

All this money, and they're still getting their ass handed to them by a company that had to sell its headquarters just to avoid bankruptcy.

Pathetic...

And while MS was busy getting timed content for CoD and BF (yawn), Sony was buying up indie exclusives and locking down free games for PS Plus. MS is so far behind on the downloadable game scene with Xbox One. I will say they have done a decent job getting exclusives, but that was before all the backlash. They will have a harder time locking down deals with 3rd party in the future. That's where first party is key - they have to do what you tell them.

Timed exclusive content for two of the biggest franchises in the gaming industry isn't important... But gaining a couple of exclusive Indie games that most people will never even hear of is? I don't buy map DLC all that often and I love me some indie games. But from a marketing standpoint Microsoft got the better deal there. While they don't have as many, Microsoft is also bringing over F2P games to the Xbox.

As someone stated above... Microsoft has a lot of money. They'll be able to secure third party exclusives if they want to. There's nothing Devs like more than money. But I'll agree that it would be better if they had more first party studios. Everyone should have a Naughty Dog on their team.

Timed content really doesn't matter as much as exclusive games. Sony not only got far more than "a couple" indie games, most of the indie games aren't even confirmed for Xbox One. Even if they do come to Xbox One they will have already been on PS4 for six months or longer. Not to mention console exclusive games like SOMA and many others are pretty close to a full fledged retail game. Sony also put marketing deals in place with Take Two and Warner Bros to not even mention Xbox consoles when running ads for the games.

Microsoft had all these third party deals in place before it was known PS4 would likely be the dominant console. It's going to take more money than before to keep content off of PS4 and many publishers will probably be unwilling to do Xbox One exclusives simply because their brand exposure will be severely limited. PS4 looks to sell well over the LTD of PS3 and everyone wants in.
#33HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/31/2013 11:56:15 AM
MS has more studios than Sony. They're also more productive.

Sonys highest profile 2nd party game is a F2P game from capcom and Quantic Dream. 'Nuff said.

MS has Epic, Crytek, Remedy, Capcom and EA under their thumb.

Sony basically screwed over Factor5, Ninja Theory, Superbot, thatgamecompany, whaterdavidjaffescompanyiscalled, lightbox interactive, Sanzarou games, insomniac ...they can't afford the big developers, the cheap guys know Sony will send their products to die.

They aren't pro indie out of choice. Its because they've run out of studios to make ****.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#34TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/31/2013 12:01:53 PM
I think MS should bankroll two exclusives from From Software. One mech game a LA Chromehounds that takes real advantages of the fringe benefits of X1's Kinect and Cloud, and one action and/or RPG game that isn't Dark Souls. A next gen Otogi is a good idea to start with... something that thinks outside the box like that game.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#35LeXiNgToN33Posted 10/31/2013 12:09:37 PM(edited)
If they don't need first party, can they sell off Rare to a company that actually cares about the Rare's legacy?
---
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#36md22mdrxPosted 11/1/2013 4:41:05 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
there's also an article floating around that he said he basically has a blank check from higher ups to buy whatever studio he wants if he chooses.

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....they can literally buy sony right now if they wanted to.

All this money, and they're still getting their ass handed to them by a company that had to sell its headquarters just to avoid bankruptcy.

Pathetic...

@ Johnhalo I know it's not that simple and even if sony would go bankrupt it wouldn't happen. i just pointed out that sony's total worth is lower than cash on hand for MS.

and at gorilla suit...they arn't getting their ass handed. ps4 may be the last stray for sony, if ps4 produces no profit like the ps3 did they are shutting down most likely. That wont happen hopefully, but based on preorders for games ps4 wont outsell x1 as much as you think

Based on preorders, it would be PS4 by a 3 or 4 to 1 margin ...
#37nedrithPosted 11/1/2013 5:51:54 PM
md22mdrx posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

Pathetic...

@ Johnhalo I know it's not that simple and even if sony would go bankrupt it wouldn't happen. i just pointed out that sony's total worth is lower than cash on hand for MS.

and at gorilla suit...they arn't getting their ass handed. ps4 may be the last stray for sony, if ps4 produces no profit like the ps3 did they are shutting down most likely. That wont happen hopefully, but based on preorders for games ps4 wont outsell x1 as much as you think

Based on preorders, it would be PS4 by a 3 or 4 to 1 margin ...

Would be interested on seeing that data. Current pre-order totals I've seen suggest anywhere between X1 actually barely winning(when looking at CoD:Ghosts which seems to be a lot further in favor of the X1 than any other game) to sony having almost a 2:1 lead. The only real exception to this is when you look at exclusives. But that's comparing a FPS(Killzone) to either a QTE action game(Ryse) or a Racing game(Forza) and other less popular genres. Not exactly a fair comparision when comparing exclusives.
#38The_DarkwalkerPosted 11/1/2013 6:02:20 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...

I wouldn't want that to happen. Everyone needs healthy competition. Without it things just stagnate and there is no need to innovate.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#39DionysusPosted 11/1/2013 6:26:14 PM
It seems like they made some stupid decisions (buying the shell of Rare and letting Bungie go), and now they are insisting that the grapes were sour anyway. Guys like Don Mattrick and Phil Spencer probably screwed the pooch when they took over. We'll see if the voice remote redeems them, but it's absolutely bizarre for a software company to suggest that they don't care about whether they make software for their own platform. I wonder if anyone ever told him how much money MS has made from Office.
#40ManjiMidouPosted 11/1/2013 6:32:35 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

MS has over 50 billion in the bank...in cash....

Yet they can't build a console that can run the new Call of Duty in 1080p. Lol. Just lol.

Did you, just quote yourself,and laugh at your post? are, you, okay,man?

Seems he got to you, the better question should be...why so serious?
---
656Stooge: "
But he's Australian. Like me. Not everyone is American you know. Only the unlucky ones :)"