If resolution does not matter...

#1LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/31/2013 9:09:36 AM
Why don't we all game at 144p?
I mean, where do you draw the line at the resolution does not matter argument?

Honest question.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#2x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:16:37 AM
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.
#3Skynet82997Posted 10/31/2013 9:17:31 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.

^This.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#4BadLuckIncPosted 10/31/2013 9:18:48 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Because people will cry about everything, even if it doesn't affect them.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#5kingofjamaicaPosted 10/31/2013 9:19:20 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

I have a 32" HDTV that I sit about 8' from, and there's a significant difference between native 1280x720 and native 1920x1080.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#6cruelbirdPosted 10/31/2013 9:20:12 AM
It's all a numbers game to some people. It's the 32 bit vs 64 bit PS1 vs N64 thing all over again.

They're numbers that give a metric of quality to a console, but in the end they mean nothing for sales.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#7ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/31/2013 9:20:53 AM
It only doesn't matter when your side doesn't have it as an advantage. If it was the other way around and the Xbox One was the strongest, I guarantee you that Xbox supporters wouldn't just sit there and not rub their advantage in the competition's face.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: hypocrisy and double standards are at every corner when it comes to fanboys.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#8kyncaniPosted 10/31/2013 9:21:18 AM
It does not spell doom for the Xbox One.

It is however yet another bad news for the Xbox One which doesn't have anything going for it.
#9khardboredPosted 10/31/2013 9:21:19 AM
As long as visual fidelity increases, it's fine. It can stay the same as long as gameplay, mechanics, story, innovation are done well. I'm also not worried about graphics as long as the above stay true. That being said, it's really not that big of a deal. The games still look awesome and will continue to do so.

This coming generation has been too much about pixels and politics. It really needs to stop. Bothering other people because they are making an informed decision and buying the Xone is just so immature. There is no reason for it. None. I don't go to the PS4 board and spout my opinion in all the posts. I'm stoked for the PS4 crowed. They are going to get some awesome games as well as new IPs. Naughty Dog is going to do awesome things this coming generation.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#10LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:21:29 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

But what degree? Every gen change the same talking points are regurgitated. And yet things keep looking better and better.

Where is the magical cut off point where resolution matters and does not matter. And if it does not matter, why introduce 4K visuals?

I shoot some video on my Note 3 in 4G and let me tell you something. 4K is going to look absolutely nuts.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain