If resolution does not matter...

#11LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:22:41 AM
I shoot in 4K, I ment.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#12x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:24:09 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.

I have a 32" HDTV that I sit about 8' from, and there's a significant difference between native 1280x720 and native 1920x1080.

Don't be fooled by the television telling you its higher. I have great vision and a great eye for detail. I use a 46" Samsung LED and while I actually look for differences its subtle. Will it be there? Sure, slightly but not much. Not enough for a television under 50" for people to act as if its like the difference between night and day.

*I have Xbox One ordered for day one and passed on PS4 until they get a new Gran Turismo or Naughty Dog game. I have played PC games on Ultra (Battlefield 3 and the beta for 4) and seen 1080p in its true form. Yes. Its sharper but what I'm saying is its really negligible. You don't have a big enough display below 50" for the extra pixel count go really matter.
#13Ch3wyPosted 10/31/2013 9:25:39 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Why don't we all game at 144p?
I mean, where do you draw the line at the resolution does not matter argument?

Honest question.

Apparently it's drawn at about 720p for a lot of people.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14SunDevil77Posted 10/31/2013 9:26:48 AM
Dear god. How many topics will you make on this?
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15ACx7Posted 10/31/2013 9:27:52 AM
Because it's not necessary? If there was a fantastic game that required 144p I would play it.

I play DS games on my 3DS XL. Games running at 256x192 on a 5 inch 400x240 screen. Sure they look a bit pixelated... But it's not the end of the world.
#16x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:27:53 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.

But what degree? Every gen change the same talking points are regurgitated. And yet things keep looking better and better.

Where is the magical cut off point where resolution matters and does not matter. And if it does not matter, why introduce 4K visuals?

I shoot some video on my Note 3 in 4G and let me tell you something. 4K is going to look absolutely nuts.

Try and watch television or play a game in 480p and then try in 720p. Now upgrade to 1080p and what how little the quality changes compared to the 480-720 leap. That's my point here but people, most who can't tell the difference, will post here for no other purpose but trolling. Some people may see the difference sure but as I said its no where near as big as people make it to be. Reassurance is a funny thing and it needs to stop. Enjoy what console(s) you choose and move on. The only thing you people bringing this stuff up constantly does it make your console of choice look like the online community will be filled with clueless players. Stay classy.
#17x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:30:25 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I shoot in 4K, I ment.

I also question the numbers a phone company throes out. I had a Note II before I got a Droid Maxx and that 1080p recorder wasn't that great. I know there's more go it than resolution but numbers are all there to make it look good. Yes, facts can be proven with those numbers but it always seems to overshoot. Hope you're enjoying the Note 3. :)
#18LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:33:13 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

My other topic was "if SPECS don't matter"

I will make as many topics as the amount of 180s the Xbots make.

Specs don't matter
Resolution does not matter
Always online does not matter
consumer rights don't matter
lossless audio does not matter
advertising does not matter
Kinetic having no games does not matter
MS's previous track record for abandoning consoles does not matter...

And now it looks like first party studios don't matter.
I will let that 180 marinate a bit and make a topic about it tomorrow.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#19Dev445Posted 10/31/2013 9:33:15 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

I'm wondering the same thing, The dead horse has been beaten so bad that doesn't even look like a horse anymore.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#20Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/31/2013 9:33:26 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Why don't we all game at 144p?
I mean, where do you draw the line at the resolution does not matter argument?

Honest question.
because no one has a 144p television. that's a question alright, but "honest" isn't the correct adjective.