If resolution does not matter...

#21Exodus_PrimePosted 10/31/2013 9:34:37 AM
Dev445 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Dear god. How many topics will you make on this?

I'm wondering the same thing, The dead horse has been beaten so bad that doesn't even look like a horse anymore.

This post made my morning LOL

Also I was wondering the same thing, *whispers* I think the TC is mad and is taking it out on gamers on this board today :-(
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#22LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:35:14 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I shoot in 4K, I ment.

I also question the numbers a phone company throes out. I had a Note II before I got a Droid Maxx and that 1080p recorder wasn't that great. I know there's more go it than resolution but numbers are all there to make it look good. Yes, facts can be proven with those numbers but it always seems to overshoot. Hope you're enjoying the Note 3. :)

The device is incredible. Go to any phone store that has it and shoot in 4K. Tell me that is not insane looking
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#23x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:38:13 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I shoot in 4K, I ment.

I also question the numbers a phone company throes out. I had a Note II before I got a Droid Maxx and that 1080p recorder wasn't that great. I know there's more go it than resolution but numbers are all there to make it look good. Yes, facts can be proven with those numbers but it always seems to overshoot. Hope you're enjoying the Note 3. :)

The device is incredible. Go to any phone store that has it and shoot in 4K. Tell me that is not insane looking

My friend has a Note 3 so I'll have to try it out. I wanted that over a Droid Maxx but I wanted the huge battery so I sacrificed a bit. No regrets but when the Note 4 comes out I will most likely jump ship. I just wish Samsung would stop using Touchwiz. Motorola, now owned by Google, uses nothing but Vanilla Android so its real nice.

I really had no idea the Note 3 output 4K video before you mentioned it.
#24LightthrowerPosted 10/31/2013 9:43:27 AM
The real question Xbox fans should ask themselves is "Why should I pay 100$ more for an inferior product?"
#25xeltar2600Posted 10/31/2013 9:46:08 AM
Personally, I don't believe that the 1080p vs 720p argument is all about the visual fidelity of *this* game; it's more of an indication of the near future. If a fairly crappy looking game is already stressing the One to the point that achieving 60fps necessitates downgrading the resolution to 720p, and its direct (and cheaper) competitor is achieving 1080p with the same requirement, then you have to wonder what differences future, better looking, titles will have.

In addition, since they have hit the maximum resolution on the PS4, one must ask how much further they *could* have gone while maintaining acceptable frame rates. If the One just barely got to 720p while being acceptable, but the PS4 easily achieves acceptable frame rates, then that is even more of an indication of what future titles will have to sacrifice.

It's not this game, and its graphical fidelity, that you should worry about; it's what an actual decent looking game will look like 4 months down the line. Once a game puts PS4 down to 720p due to acceptable frame rate issues, let's see what the One looks like on the same game. *That* will be an interesting comparison.
#26LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:47:13 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
I shoot in 4K, I ment.

My friend has a Note 3 so I'll have to try it out. I wanted that over a Droid Maxx but I wanted the huge battery so I sacrificed a bit. No regrets but when the Note 4 comes out I will most likely jump ship. I just wish Samsung would stop using Touchwiz. Motorola, now owned by Google, uses nothing but Vanilla Android so its real nice.

I really had no idea the Note 3 output 4K video before you mentioned it.

Touchwiz is not as obnoxiously bloated as it used to be and frankly it kills AOSP Android (stock android) As far as features go. I still love AOSP tho.
I root and hack the mess outta phones tho so let me know if have any questions.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#27TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 9:47:27 AM
xeltar2600 posted...
Personally, I don't believe that the 1080p vs 720p argument is all about the visual fidelity of *this* game; it's more of an indication of the near future. If a fairly crappy looking game is already stressing the One to the point that achieving 60fps necessitates downgrading the resolution to 720p, and its direct (and cheaper) competitor is achieving 1080p with the same requirement, then you have to wonder what differences future, better looking, titles will have.

In addition, since they have hit the maximum resolution on the PS4, one must ask how much further they *could* have gone while maintaining acceptable frame rates. If the One just barely got to 720p while being acceptable, but the PS4 easily achieves acceptable frame rates, then that is even more of an indication of what future titles will have to sacrifice.

It's not this game, and its graphical fidelity, that you should worry about; it's what an actual decent looking game will look like 4 months down the line. Once a game puts PS4 down to 720p due to acceptable frame rate issues, let's see what the One looks like on the same game. *That* will be an interesting comparison.

I can understand how someone that doesn't know anything about computers or game development could have this opinion. It doesn't make it any more valid though.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#28x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:47:57 AM
Lightthrower posted...
The real question Xbox fans should ask themselves is "Why should I pay 100$ more for an inferior product?"

Because it has the games I want. Forza, Titanfall (Microsoft exclusive), Halo, Gears of War (Assume), etc. Do I want a PS4? Yes, when at least one good exclusive comes out. For Xbox its Forza but all PS4 has now is Killzone which if past installments taught me anything than its a mediocre game. Plus, the Kinect us useful since I can use it in the dark now and not need some sort of remote that controls Xbox near me.

as I said before though enjoy what you want. I will not sit here to talk you out of your purchase.
#29xeltar2600Posted 10/31/2013 9:51:28 AM
TreGooda posted...
xeltar2600 posted...

I can understand how someone that doesn't know anything about computers or game development could have this opinion. It doesn't make it any more valid though.

Aside from assuming that the 32MB ESRAM can't be utilized properly at higher resolutions, and thus getting a sharp performance increase at 720p and lower, I fail to see the obvious flaw in my argument. What about the architecture would kill my argument, especially considering the mostly apples-to-apples comparison between the two CPU/GPU architectures?
#30strawberry11Posted 10/31/2013 9:52:08 AM
so, PS4 will look noticeably better on a 50" screen or bigger?
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.