If resolution does not matter...

#41EllesarienPosted 10/31/2013 9:20:11 AM
You've never asked an honest question.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#42x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:24:54 AM(edited)
plus1zero posted...
And for those wondering it's not just a little sharper.

Look at a 720p scaled Blu-Ray next to a 1080p Blu-Ray. There is no comparison, it looks THAT much better.

On a 720p scaled image on a 1080p tv, you really aren't going to notice a difference if you don't have a 1080p image to begin with. That's what this gen is.

For a 720p image to be blown up on a screen that is 1080p you're taking a smaller image and putting it to fit an image. With a full 1080p signal that image fits perfectly with no scaling at all, thus no loss in picture quality.

Good grief, I had all 3 this gen but won't next. If I found out the PS4 had inferior quality in both hardware and software I'd be a little mad, I couldn't defend them.

Yeah, never watched a BluRay in anything but 1080p but streaming in 720p isn't the same. However, those were streams and not a full representation to the quality. To be clear I'm in no way saying 1080p isn't better. I'm saying the difference is no where near as big as fanboys make it out to be. Yes, the PS4 version will look better but its not going to be that big of a difference.

*If Battlefield 4 can do huge maps with Frostbite 3 and Leveloution at 60 FPS and 720p I can guarantee you CoD could reach 1080p. This falls on Activision/IW more than anyone.
#43EllesarienPosted 10/31/2013 9:23:33 AM
plus1zero posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.

Lol...spoken from someone who has never seen the difference in 720p to 1080p.

Trust me, there is a big difference.

Not even that, this is next generation hardware. These current consoles have been out almost a decade now and did 720p then. The WII U can do 1080p..for MS to have the trouble they've had then not even introduce 1080p on a port of a current gen game? Lol

I think these are my favorites.

The entire gist of this post was : "This guy's opinion is just wrong. My opinion is right...trust me!"
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#44plus1zeroPosted 10/31/2013 9:23:40 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
plus1zero posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Resolution matters to a certain degree but for most people going from 720p to 1080p is negligible at best. Most people won't even notice it due to their television being under 50" and others won't care. Why does everyone make this out to be a sign of doom? Its not and this is coming from a technology junkie.

Not even that, this is next generation hardware. These current consoles have been out almost a decade now and did 720p then. The WII U can do 1080p..for MS to have the trouble they've had then not even introduce 1080p on a port of a current gen game? Lol

I've never seen the difference? Really? I've never seen a Blu-Ray movie or played Battlefield in 1080p on my PC? I have played Battlefield 3 on Ultra and seen what 1080p is capable of doing. My hardware can handle it all while keeping it above 60 FPS.

I don't think this issue is all on Microsoft other than a late Dev kit. And stop with the Wii U version already. From what I've read it's a higher resolution current gen game and not the next gen game.

Pretty sure if you have seen BF3 on ultra 1080p then you would know how much freaking better it looks than the console 720p version.

Take that 1920x1080 signal and change it down to 1260x720 and tell me how much of a difference it makes.
#45x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/31/2013 9:27:43 AM
plus1zero posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
plus1zero posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

I've never seen the difference? Really? I've never seen a Blu-Ray movie or played Battlefield in 1080p on my PC? I have played Battlefield 3 on Ultra and seen what 1080p is capable of doing. My hardware can handle it all while keeping it above 60 FPS.

I don't think this issue is all on Microsoft other than a late Dev kit. And stop with the Wii U version already. From what I've read it's a higher resolution current gen game and not the next gen game.

Pretty sure if you have seen BF3 on ultra 1080p then you would know how much freaking better it looks than the console 720p version.

Take that 1920x1080 signal and change it down to 1260x720 and tell me how much of a difference it makes.

Of course it will look better than the console version... its a high end PC! :p

I have to reinstall Battlefield 3 so I may or may not test it. Windows 8.1 Preview being upgraded to Windows 8.1 official version forced me into losing all apps and games. :(
#46regsantotomasPosted 10/31/2013 9:46:59 AM
If people find that resolution is the sole determinant for them with regards to particular titles, then the choice is clear.

All things being equal, I would prefer the higher resolution.

The reality is, however, that all things aren't equal. There are still the variances in the platform and how they work including game controllers and where family & friends may likely be.

There are plenty of things for a variety of gamers to weigh outside of simply resolution.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#47reincarnator07Posted 10/31/2013 9:54:52 AM
The difference between 720p and 1080p is clear as night and day on my 32" TV, my iPad and my HTC One. My vision is terrible. If it doesn't bother you, fair enough, people have different preferences and desires from their games and media. There is certainly a noticeable difference.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#48TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 9:59:04 AM
reincarnator07 posted...
The difference between 720p and 1080p is clear as night and day on my 32" TV, my iPad and my HTC One. My vision is terrible. If it doesn't bother you, fair enough, people have different preferences and desires from their games and media. There is certainly a noticeable difference.

Do you live in Alaska where night and day doesn't have an actual transition from darkness to light?

Because, if you do, then yeah, I guess it's night and day.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#49metalmariolordPosted 10/31/2013 10:03:18 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Why don't we all game at 144p?
I mean, where do you draw the line at the resolution does not matter argument?

Honest question.

If this made games better, I'd gladly play at this resolution.
SNES games are better than most PS3 Xbox 360 games nowadays.
You never needed graphix for good stories.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#50FusionCPosted 10/31/2013 10:04:16 AM
I think people over estimate how many people have 1080p TVs. Out of the 10 people I normally game with only 2 of us have TVs that even support 1080p. So for those other 8 people this means absolutely nothing. Also apparently TC has no idea what diminishing returns are.
---
For the Horde!!!!