Who's excited for Halo Xbox One?

#1supermoc10Posted 10/31/2013 1:19:02 PM
I don't see this being talked about much which is odd considering how big Halo is to the Xbox fanbase (maybe H4 left a really sour taste). I'm very excited for it. I was disappointed with Halo 4 but after seeing how well 343 have improved the game post-release (despite the alarmingly-low player population), I have no doubt they will take our feedback and make Halo X1 a true Halo game that sticks to the franchise's formula.

We already know about it running at 60fps and it having dedicated servers. Those are fantastic additions. The framerate will help it make its comeback as a major MP game and make the experience a lot smoother while the dedicated servers will greatly help reduce lag, facilitate online tournaments and make co-op playable for all players (good luck playing co-op if you're not the host).

I'm really hoping they remove all the Infinity BS and go back to the traditional arena system where everyone spawns equal and the power weapons are set. I also hope there's a ranking system and good playlists at launch.

As for campaign, I'm hoping for a longer campaign (4 only took me 4 hours) with more open/sandbox areas.

Are you excited for Halo Xbox One? What do you want from it?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 1:20:55 PM
I liked Halo 4. I want the new Halo to provide another great experience.

I really want a Halo 2 remake though.

My dream for next-gen Halo would be a remake of all the maps from Halo, Halo2 and Halo 3 mixed with new maps in the next gen Halo. Kind of like how SOCOM 2 included all the maps from SOCOM plus an entire game of new maps.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 1:21:31 PM
Also, for the love of cheese please take out sprint and bring back de-scope.
---
#4MilesTeg420Posted 10/31/2013 1:22:44 PM
People will start getting excited when there's more than just a promise of a future game. The TV series sounds like a bigger priority right now. I wouldn't expect the game before 2015 tbh.
#5KID VIDPosted 10/31/2013 1:23:29 PM
Honestly, I'm not excited for it. Well, not yet anyway. Has there been any info on it besides that trailer of Master Chief wearing that cloak? Maybe I'm getting burned out on Halo (I have all of them besides Wars and Assault).
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#6Joey-ZazaPosted 10/31/2013 1:24:48 PM
I can only get excited for things like Friday.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#7DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/31/2013 1:27:43 PM
The trailer was cool but... what is there to really talk about? We know nothing to discuss.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 1:27:52 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
People will start getting excited when there's more than just a promise of a future game. The TV series sounds like a bigger priority right now. I wouldn't expect the game before 2015 tbh.

It's coming out in Fall 2014.

Joey-Zaza posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
---
#9MilesTeg420Posted 10/31/2013 1:29:41 PM
supermoc10 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

It's coming out in Fall 2014.

Joey-Zaza posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Source on the Fall 2014?
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 10/31/2013 1:30:23 PM
Me.

I'm putting my faith in 343 that Halo 4 was just a bad first try... hoping they learned what we want and will make Halo 5 awesome.

If they seriously don't see all their mistakes, with the population averaging ~15-20K players less than a year after launch... I just... ugh...
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.