Maj Nelson blaming the devs?

#41benjimainPosted 10/31/2013 9:15:04 PM
SikkaSill posted...
In a few years the games being made will look a lot better than Battlefield 4..... so I don't know why everyone says the xbox one can't do those graphics or doesn't have enough power. People will be amazed at what games are doing in 4 years

Except the PS4 will be doing even better.

The standard for both multiplats and exclusives will be raised, it's just the PS4 will have a higher standard, and the Xbone will have to have resolution and framerate sacrificed to keep up.
#42LICKWIDPAlNPosted 10/31/2013 9:18:03 PM
benjimain posted...
SikkaSill posted...
In a few years the games being made will look a lot better than Battlefield 4..... so I don't know why everyone says the xbox one can't do those graphics or doesn't have enough power. People will be amazed at what games are doing in 4 years

Except the PS4 will be doing even better.

The standard for both multiplats and exclusives will be raised, it's just the PS4 will have a higher standard, and the Xbone will have to have resolution and framerate sacrificed to keep up.

This...

Just look at how the PS4 pulled ahead despite being harder to developer for.

Disparities always get bigger as a gen progresses.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#43uptown710(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:34:33 PM
squidney2k1 posted...
Only rhe grandest of fanboys would try and spin Major Nelson's statement as blame.

And only someone blind wouldn't see that he's deflecting the concern.

"Hey, we gave them enough power. The finished result is up to them." That's pretty much what he said.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#44zinsindettaPosted 10/31/2013 10:04:30 PM
uptown710 posted...
@John_place Xbox one fully supports native 1080p output at 60fps. Individual developers determine what resolution works best for them

This is on his Twitter. Posted at 6:24 am.

What he said sounds correct to me.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#45teaguejrPosted 10/31/2013 10:17:02 PM
How can you say blame the devs when Xbox gets all the COD maps a month before Playstation does.
---
PSN: Broodn; XBox Live: Broodn
#46JohnHalo343Posted 10/31/2013 10:23:02 PM
Considering I served under Maj. Nelson in the war, I am inclined to take his side here.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#47slugbossPosted 10/31/2013 10:34:28 PM
I doubt the resolution situation will improve on either console post launch, it is all downhill when adding more eye candy that would only lower the resolution & framerate. It's probably going to be a much shorter nextgen, maybe one day they'll be arrogant enough to go all out and charge up the ass again... It was worth it...
#48gameboybrycePosted 10/31/2013 11:41:28 PM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
I have a feeling after the devs get a grip on how to use the eSram to it's fullest this resolution problem will be in the past. I think the devs are avoiding messing will the eSram for this first wave of games.

It's been said before by time devs are able to fully use the ESRAM on the X1, they'll also be using the GDDR5 on the PS4 to it's fullest potential too. No matter what the PS4's GPU is better than the X1's so even when they know how to use both systems to their fullest the PS4 version would hypothetically always look and perform better. I think the difference we'll be getting later on is multiplats running on PS4 at 1080 60fps perfectly fine with games on X1 running anywhere from 720 to 1080 but at the higher res having to take a cut to performance like many multiplat games do on the PS3 this gen.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#49SolisPosted 11/1/2013 12:06:52 AM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
I have a feeling after the devs get a grip on how to use the eSram to it's fullest this resolution problem will be in the past. I think the devs are avoiding messing will the eSram for this first wave of games.

The eSRAM is already being used to its "fullest", it's not an optional component to rendering, that's where the framebuffer itself gets written to. They literally cannot help but use the eSRAM, and will automatically benefit from the performance increase that it provides. It's no different from the Xbox 360, it's just that now it has a large enough pool to draw a full 1080p framebuffer (two of them, in fact). The only thing that could be changed is to use tiling to increase the maximum resolution and antialiasing limits, which would actually SLOW DOWN framebuffer drawing.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#50Evel138Posted 11/1/2013 12:45:29 AM
Stating a fact is somehow "blaming the devs"?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y