Maj Nelson blaming the devs?

#51uptown710(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 2:09:33 AM
Evel138 posted...
Stating a fact is somehow "blaming the devs"?

Again, you miss the point.

I give you a powerful car, and 4 miles of straightaway yet you don't drive any faster than 40 mph. People contact the makers of the car and ask why didn't the car go any faster and they respond "well we certainly know the car is capable of speeds exceeding 120 mph, how fast the car goes is up to the driver."

At this point you think "hey if they achieved that speed with their own drivers, then these other drivers must be doing something wrong.."

Get it now?
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#52Evel138Posted 11/1/2013 2:25:09 AM
No....as there is no "point" or anything to "get". The fact is that the XB1 is capable of 1080p.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#53BingSanpaoPosted 11/1/2013 2:48:29 AM
I blame it on the lack of random access memory RAM and the under performing Graphics Processing Unit GPU.
#54uptown710(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 2:56:29 AM(edited)
Evel138 posted...
No....as there is no "point" or anything to "get". The fact is that the XB1 is capable of 1080p.

I'm sure it is. But note what he said

"It's up to the developers"

That implies that the devs choose the resolution. Which in turn makes people say "why didn't you chose 1080?"
---
#55InjusticeRebornPosted 11/1/2013 3:00:57 AM
uptown710 posted...
Evel138 posted...

I give you a powerful car, and 4 miles of straightaway yet you don't drive any faster than 40 mph. People contact the makers of the car and ask why didn't the car go any faster and they respond "well we certainly know the car is capable of speeds exceeding 120 mph, how fast the car goes is up to the driver."

At this point you think "hey if they achieved that speed with their own drivers, then these other drivers must be doing something wrong.."

Get it now?

I'm sorry. Early morning and all, but... what?

You're giving me a powerful car. I drive it no faster than 40mph (your example of my choice). People contact the manufacturers and ask why it didn't go any faster, and they say "it can exceed 120mph, how fast it went there was down to the driver".

The problem IS down to me. I chose to go 40mph. I didn't test it's limits and push it to 120mph.

You're basically saying what Nelson said. He has given them a car that goes 120mph, and IW chose to drive it at 40mph?
#56TheGam3925Posted 11/1/2013 3:04:04 AM
Major tool Nelson is most definitely passing the buck. He is diverting the focus away from the Xbone's inferior hardware with the sole purpose of blaming the developers who have to work with the more limited Xbone hardware. I'm sure the developers wish they had more to work with but they were stuck with what M$ gave them.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#57uptown710(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 3:10:03 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
uptown710 posted...
Evel138 posted...

Get it now?

I'm sorry. Early morning and all, but... what?

You're giving me a powerful car. I drive it no faster than 40mph (your example of my choice). People contact the manufacturers and ask why it didn't go any faster, and they say "it can exceed 120mph, how fast it went there was down to the driver".

The problem IS down to me. I chose to go 40mph. I didn't test it's limits and push it to 120mph.

You're basically saying what Nelson said. He has given them a car that goes 120mph, and IW chose to drive it at 40mph?

Exactly! Major Nelson is pretty much telling people that power is there for 1080 @ 60, it's the devs who are choosing 720.

But the thing that will make this sour is, if the X1 is as powerful as they say, why couldn't IW get 1080 native running?
---
#58gamingdutchmanPosted 11/1/2013 3:12:17 AM
SpikeTheSpaceCowboy posted...
I have a feeling after the devs get a grip on how to use the eSram to it's fullest this resolution problem will be in the past. I think the devs are avoiding messing will the eSram for this first wave of games.

Probably. They will put a certain amount of work into both games, so if MS came up with a more difficult platform to program for, don't blame devs. They're going for certainty.
---
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
#59CyborgTwentyPosted 11/1/2013 3:31:52 AM
Sounds like X1 could easily reach 4000p @ 120 fps but developers were just to lazy.
#60InjusticeRebornPosted 11/1/2013 3:55:47 AM(edited)
uptown710 posted...

But the thing that will make this sour is, if the X1 is as powerful as they say, why couldn't IW get 1080 native running?

Depends on who/what you believe. Some examples:

Supposedly the XOne is suppose to be like rolling 7 360's into one console (can't remember). So, surely it should be able to, which would point fingers at the developers, no?

But then, if the One has had bits and bobs twiddled with and they didn't get up to date dev kits to studios, that is Microsofts fault, no?

I'm just getting tired of it all now. I just want a game's console with some games, and one that all my friends are getting. And they're not in a position to take the next step like I am. :(

It's the not knowing (of everything) I hate about being one of the first going into next-gen.