If exclusives were all multiplat (even future titles) which would you get?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/31/2013 10:30:10 PM
1 vote per IP. If exclusive games no longer become a factor, which console would you choose? - Results (115 votes)
PS4
63.48% (73 votes)
XB1
33.04% (38 votes)
Wii U
3.48% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
NOTE: This only applies to consoles. Otherwise, most would just vote PC.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#2MmaguyPosted 10/31/2013 10:35:53 PM
Hmm, tough question. If the PS4 had all of the Xbox One's exclusives, the only thing the Xbox One would have advantage in is the Kinect and all the awesome features it's bringing. That's a big pull for me and many others, BUT... the PS4 is slightly more powerful and $100 cheaper.

That's a really tough question and would make my starter console for this generation more difficult to choose. Right now I'm 100% sold on Xbox One over PS4 because of all of the great games it has over the PS4 and the Kinect, but if all games were on all platforms, it would be really tough. I'd have to think "is the Kinect and only the Kinect worth the extra $100", and that's a tough question.
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/31/2013 10:41:07 PM
if i can still only get jarvis home theater with xo, then i have to stick with xo. same with the free dedicated servers for devs. and, the free year of xbl fitness. and, the custom soundtracks. and, the external hdd, so i don't have to replace the internal. and, i'd want the xo controller for racing games. yeah, i keep thinking of reasons i'd stick with the xo. weird. i'm getting the ps4 because it's the powerhouse. but, i think i'm more excited about the xo.
#4ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:42:58 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
if i can still only get jarvis home theater with xo, then i have to stick with xo. same with the free dedicated servers for devs. and, the free year of xbl fitness. and, the custom soundtracks. and, the external hdd, so i don't have to replace the internal. and, i'd want the xo controller for racing games. yeah, i keep thinking of reasons i'd stick with the xo. weird. i'm getting the ps4 because it's the powerhouse. but, i think i'm more excited about the xo.

Yeah, I don't think that's exactly a secret >_>
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#5benjimainPosted 10/31/2013 10:44:40 PM
Well all the games would be superior on PS4, and it's $100 cheaper and has the better controller.

Also, the Kinect features can be done by the PS4 camera. It has voice commands and all that jazz.
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/31/2013 10:48:59 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Yeah, I don't think that's exactly a secret >_>
why would it be a secret? i'm not sure what you're getting at.
#7Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/31/2013 10:53:52 PM
benjimain posted...
Well all the games would be superior on PS4, and it's $100 cheaper and has the better controller.

Also, the Kinect features can be done by the PS4 camera. It has voice commands and all that jazz.
ps4 camera is an ir blaster? that would weigh pretty heavily in my decision, if i could only afford one console. is sony supporting voice-controlled home theater? i haven't heard anything about about voice-controlled ir blasting from sony at all. do you remember where this was announced?
#8ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 11:03:39 PM

I'm saying we know you'd prefer the Xbox, guy.
---
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/31/2013 11:23:18 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

I'm saying we know you'd prefer the Xbox, guy.
yeah, what gave it away? maybe the part where i wasn't trying to keep it a secret? i even posted it right here in your topic, on the xo hardware board btw. what are you on about? am i supposed to keep it to myself? i'm excited about both consoles. the ps4, because of its future potential and power. and the xo, for its launch exclusives and features. i guess your topic made me realize i value the features and controller more than the power. but, if what ben says is true, then that could change things considerably. i just haven't seen any demonstrations or confirmation of those features for ps4.
#10kyncaniPosted 11/1/2013 3:13:06 AM
benjimain posted...

ps4 camera is an ir blaster? that would weigh pretty heavily in my decision, if i could only afford one console. is sony supporting voice-controlled home theater? i haven't heard anything about about voice-controlled ir blasting from sony at all. do you remember where this was announced?

Sony has announced voice control with the PlayStation Camera.
I don't remember where it was announced, probably Gamespot or IGN.

If you prefer Kinect games exclusives, I would still get a Xbox One if I were you (assuming you don't mind the advertisement of course).
Sony is committed to getting better regular non-Kinect games instead.