Truth about fanboys.

#1llsamuraillPosted 11/1/2013 5:05:46 AM
I am getting a PS4 at launch, and will keep a very close eye on x1 hardware and software reviews. I know the PS4 is the more powerful of the two, but I also know that the x1 has loads to offer in countless entertainment hours. Titanfall looks great,Forza is a proven franchise and MS has many other exclusives that any gamer would be excited about. The reason loyal PS4 supporters act as if they could care less about the x1 is due to the fact that they are only planning on getting the PS4. So in alot of ways the PS4 exclusive owners are limiting themselves to just Sony exclusives,while they ignore or say that they have no interest in x1 software. That is a lie, if x1 has a great exclusive you can bet any gamer is dieing to play it and that works both ways. The dilemma is that gaming is an expensive hobby and really how many people can afford to purchase two consoles in the same month with some games for each. They then resort to once their decision about which console they choose the other one becomes the red headed step child that endures all types of scrutiny, so they feel justified in their own minds for the choice they made. In reality, if you dont lie to yourself, we all want both but just can not justify that type of expense for a hobby. If anyone tries to say what I have posted here is bs then you really are not a gamer, but a true idiot. Gaming is about games, not consoles or companies. Will both the PS4 and x1 offer a great experience this gen? Yes they will. Really it is better for any gamer to hope both consoles succeed , because competition drives innovation .

Happy gaming.
---
Launch PS4, Xbox 1 soon after
#2JohnHalo343Posted 11/1/2013 5:08:11 AM
I started reading and got a nose bleed.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#3blitz_0623Posted 11/1/2013 5:08:56 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...

---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#4llsamuraill(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:18:16 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...

Line 11 word 14.
---
#5slowdog76Posted 11/1/2013 5:25:04 AM
before i respond properly, the first thing that entered my head was "gingers have souls". sorry, you just put it in my head, lmao.

anyway, you are indeed correct. im getting a xb1 for many reasons that are my own. i dont feel the need to constantly defend my decision because I am happy with it. Similarly, I don't feel the need to belittle people for the decision they have made. It's a waste of time and energy. Plus, I'm an adult.

It's a shame. I remember the console wars of the late 80's and the great Mario v Sonic debate. seems so innocent now, and I kinda wish things were like that still. The truth of it was, every Mario defender had neither a Sonic game, nor a Sega console to play it on, and vice versa. The same thing happened then as happens now, that few can afford all, and they defend the choice of expenditure they made above all. But, in secret, all would kill to play the other. I was DESPERATE to play mario, zelda, and so on, and was horribly jealous of those that had an NES. But still, all "debate" was light hearted and generally fun.

But the extreme levels of vitriol and, I suspect, testosterone flying around these past few months is quite quite shocking, a little depressing and, if I'm honest, a little humorous at times.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#6llsamuraill(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 5:31:24 AM
slowdog76 posted...
before i respond properly, the first thing that entered my head was "gingers have souls". sorry, you just put it in my head, lmao.

anyway, you are indeed correct. im getting a xb1 for many reasons that are my own. i dont feel the need to constantly defend my decision because I am happy with it. Similarly, I don't feel the need to belittle people for the decision they have made. It's a waste of time and energy. Plus, I'm an adult.

It's a shame. I remember the console wars of the late 80's and the great Mario v Sonic debate. seems so innocent now, and I kinda wish things were like that still. The truth of it was, every Mario defender had neither a Sonic game, nor a Sega console to play it on, and vice versa. The same thing happened then as happens now, that few can afford all, and they defend the choice of expenditure they made above all. But, in secret, all would kill to play the other. I was DESPERATE to play mario, zelda, and so on, and was horribly jealous of those that had an NES. But still, all "debate" was light hearted and generally fun.

But the extreme levels of vitriol and, I suspect, testosterone flying around these past few months is quite quite shocking, a little depressing and, if I'm honest, a little humorous at times.

Finally a person of sound mind.
---
#7OmegaTavoPosted 11/1/2013 5:40:37 AM
llsamuraill posted...
slowdog76 posted...

Finally a person of sound mind.

Who knows how to write properly.
---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#8InjusticeRebornPosted 11/1/2013 5:58:08 AM
slowdog76 posted...

It's a shame. I remember the console wars of the late 80's and the great Mario v Sonic debate. seems so innocent now, and I kinda wish things were like that still. The truth of it was, every Mario defender had neither a Sonic game, nor a Sega console to play it on, and vice versa.

This isn't the first time I've seen this mentioned, but I was never aware of such happenings. Admittedly, I had both. I had a NES, MegaDrive (Genesis), and a SNES, before moving on up to the original PlayStation. But, was it as bad as some say?

Nowadays, whilst I agree it is really all down to 'the unknown' (not being able to enjoy the best of all worlds), I think with today's capabilities (internet) and with what seems a popular mentality, I would go far as to say it's 50-50. Part feeling 'left out' of what the other one is doing, and part just causing a ruckus for the sake of it, and perhaps getting a giggle or two out of it.

I've spent a while lurking here, and a bit of time commenting. Not once have I took a dig towards any console or it's software. I just like pointing out some of the daft things said between either camp, to try and get one over the other.

It does seem one side is a little more heavy handed than the other. Is that 'justice' for what may have happened several years ago? I can't say. I didn't put myself in the position of options when it came to choosing consoles last time, I went straight from PS2 to PS3, like I did with the predecessor before it. I only went 360 because of the social aspect - friends went there, I followed.

That is the driving force this time.

I don't know if they'll go with visuals. Games. Cost. Features. Controller. I would say brand, but we were all PS2 guys back in the day, and they clearly didn't show 'loyalty' for the PS3 like I assumed they would.
#9slowdog76Posted 11/1/2013 6:13:45 AM
No, it wasn't as bad at all. The truth of it was, any "war" (and I should have used quotes originally too), was nothing more than assorted magazines creating one to sell copy. They manufactured it, and the front lines were the playground. Interestingly, and in my experience, insults tended to be more about the game and characters therein rather than the person playing. "Who wants to be a fat plumber...." That kinda thing.

The internet, and the anonymity it affords has really turned this playground banter into some kind of phenomenon. Keyboard warriors and all that. Really not pleasant. It's like peering into the head of your average Jeremy Kyle guest, which is never going to be a rewarding experience.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#10ejay8320Posted 11/1/2013 6:28:30 AM
llsamuraill posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...

Line 11 word 14.

Win