NBA 2K14 next-gen versions confirmed to run at 60fps, native 1080p

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 11/1/2013 6:25:05 AM
Confirmation that next gen NBA 2k14 will run at 60fps native 1080p on BOTH consoles. It makes you wonder what happened with COD and Infinity Ward, Or why DICE couldn't get 1080p on either console. Either way seems like a sports dev is doing their homework better than the mighty rich FPS devs.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/10/24/nba-2k14-next-gen-versions-confirmed-to-run-at-60fps-native-1080p

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/nba-2k14-runs-at-60fps-native-1080p-on-xbox-one-and-ps4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Take your pick on which link. Enjoy.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#2uptown710Posted 11/1/2013 6:32:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a sports game doesn't really push the hardware as much as BF would....
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#3Foreign ObjectsPosted 11/1/2013 6:32:58 AM
NBA 2k14 and Forza 5 are the two must have games at launch.
---
etc
#4Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:36:02 AM
uptown710 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a sports game doesn't really push the hardware as much as BF would....

I normally would say that's an excuse for the fact that the NBA game will still run at 1080p on Xbox One, COD doesn't use nearly as much hardware as BF does what happened there? this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other. I do hope they get it right soon from both console sides.
---
Because I can buy both.
#5InjusticeRebornPosted 11/1/2013 6:36:20 AM
uptown710 posted...

This would have been my assumption also.

Not that this news is a bad thing, especially for those who are fans of this game or it's kind (I think FIFA 14 is confirmed also?).
#6schmarkenheimerPosted 11/1/2013 6:49:08 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...
this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other.

Maybe if it was better they wouldn't be having trouble? Switch that for the PS3 having trouble with a multiplat (e.g. Skyrim), then you have 360 fanboy arguments/reasons why the 360 >>>> PS3. Then the PS3 fanboys reply "oh but give it time", "it's not the console's fault it's the incompetent devs", "you think Sony [replace Sony with MS for the X1] would do that, just make a worse console?" "BUT TEH EXCLUSIVES!" etc etc, now they're X1 rebuttals.

Bla bla bla. The cycle continues as it always has, fanboys gonna fanboy.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#7chrish909Posted 11/1/2013 6:51:01 AM
Ps4 is actually screwed, any multiplats that arent native 1080p will look better on x1 due to upscaling tech.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#8Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:54:12 AM
schmarkenheimer posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...
this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other.

Maybe if it was better they wouldn't be having trouble? Switch that for the PS3 having trouble with a multiplat (e.g. Skyrim), then you have 360 fanboy arguments/reasons why the 360 >>>> PS3. Then the PS3 fanboys reply "oh but give it time", "it's not the console's fault it's the incompetent devs", "you think Sony [replace Sony with MS for the X1] would do that, just make a worse console?" "BUT TEH EXCLUSIVES!" etc etc, now they're X1 rebuttals.

Bla bla bla. The cycle continues as it always has, fanboys gonna fanboy.

Yup fanboys gonna fanboy, this also is starting to show a track record of maybe it is true that the Xbox One is more difficult to develop for and it's showing early on, but again I dislike fanboy excuses about why a game isn't native blah blah, and nobody has given me a legitimate answer as to why BF4 wasn't in 1080p on either console not just Xbox One (PS4 is the superior version tech wise) but why not 1080p? not a bashing question I'm legitimately curious why they didn't reach that goal, maybe DICE wasn't familiar with both due to making that BF4 launch window? I'm glad at least Forza 5 and NBA 2k14 are 1080p and also maybe FIFA 14.
---
Because I can buy both.
#9straymatterPosted 11/1/2013 7:04:35 AM
uptown710 posted...

The main difference is this game will have advantage over the PC version. Is developed primarily for the consoles.
Even last gen version will have advantage over PC version.
Also FIFA 14 on next gen will feature the Ignite engine, and will be superior to the PC version which will have the Impact engine.
#10DionysusPosted 11/1/2013 7:15:59 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...

I normally would say that's an excuse for the fact that the NBA game will still run at 1080p on Xbox One, COD doesn't use nearly as much hardware as BF does what happened there? this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other. I do hope they get it right soon from both console sides.
Both games are much more demanding than a basketball game, so you can't make any meaningful comparison there. BF4 does appear to be more demanding than Ghosts, and that's probably why BF4 is only 900p on the PS4. The PS4 runs both games at a higher res than the XBone because it is more powerful, which we've all known for months.