NBA 2K14 next-gen versions confirmed to run at 60fps, native 1080p

#11triple sPosted 11/1/2013 7:22:01 AM
chrish909 posted...
Ps4 is actually screwed, any multiplats that arent native 1080p will look better on x1 due to upscaling tech.

Not true at all. You do know upscaling only offers a very minor visual boost right? If if the PS4 and Xbox One versions play at the same resolutions the PS4 is still capable of producing better graphics.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#12Exodus_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 7:22:57 AM
Dionysus posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a sports game doesn't really push the hardware as much as BF would....

I normally would say that's an excuse for the fact that the NBA game will still run at 1080p on Xbox One, COD doesn't use nearly as much hardware as BF does what happened there? this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other. I do hope they get it right soon from both console sides.
Both games are much more demanding than a basketball game, so you can't make any meaningful comparison there. BF4 does appear to be more demanding than Ghosts, and that's probably why BF4 is only 900p on the PS4. The PS4 runs both games at a higher res than the XBone because it is more powerful, which we've all known for months.

Yes I get it, BF4 to NBA no comparison in scale I know,I wasn't making a comparison to it in the first place I was just letting gamers know that the game runs at 1080p, the rest of my post after that is just gamer rant :-). but people act like Xbox One cant do multiplats at 1080p, and yes I know the PS4 version runs at a higher res than Xbox One I even stated it on my previous post,is there anything else besides "more demanding" that it couldn't be done at 1080p? no one seems to be putting anything on the devs it's only been Xbox this and Xbox that, yes it's new hardware for the devs, some say it's because of the EsRam, my point here is no one is pointing fingers at the devs.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#13triple sPosted 11/1/2013 7:23:40 AM
straymatter posted...
uptown710 posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a sports game doesn't really push the hardware as much as BF would....

The main difference is this game will have advantage over the PC version. Is developed primarily for the consoles.
Even last gen version will have advantage over PC version.
Also FIFA 14 on next gen will feature the Ignite engine, and will be superior to the PC version which will have the Impact engine.

Explain to me how the last gen would have an advantage over the PC version of NBA2K14?
---
#14chrish909Posted 11/1/2013 7:24:30 AM
triple s posted...
chrish909 posted...
Ps4 is actually screwed, any multiplats that arent native 1080p will look better on x1 due to upscaling tech.

Not true at all. You do know upscaling only offers a very minor visual boost right? If if the PS4 and Xbox One versions play at the same resolutions the PS4 is still capable of producing better graphics.

How so? If the resolution is the same than x1 has the advantage because its upscaling tech is better. This is fact. I know you probably really want the ps4 version to look better, but it wont.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#15triple sPosted 11/1/2013 7:29:54 AM
chrish909 posted...
triple s posted...
chrish909 posted...

How so? If the resolution is the same than x1 has the advantage because its upscaling tech is better. This is fact. I know you probably really want the ps4 version to look better, but it wont.

I find it hilarious that you automatically jumped to me wanting the PS4 version to look better. For the record, upscaling is not some new invention the Xbox One invented as it has been available on the Xbox 360 for a long time. So if an Xbox One game is 720p and the PS4 version is at 900p like BF4, the PS4 version will look sharper than the Xbox One version upscaled to 1080p. Upscaling doesn't magically produce pixels to give a better image. The PS4 is a more powerful console than the Xbox One, plain and simple.
---
#16ejay8320Posted 11/1/2013 7:33:55 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Confirmation that next gen NBA 2k14 will run at 60fps native 1080p on BOTH consoles. It makes you wonder what happened with COD and Infinity Ward, Or why DICE couldn't get 1080p on either console. Either way seems like a sports dev is doing their homework better than the mighty rich FPS devs.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/10/24/nba-2k14-next-gen-versions-confirmed-to-run-at-60fps-native-1080p

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/nba-2k14-runs-at-60fps-native-1080p-on-xbox-one-and-ps4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Take your pick on which link. Enjoy.

To be fair, Sports games don't have as much to deal with graphically when comparing to a shooter, environment are a lot smaller, #of NPC/PC are far less(64 players for BF4), no explosions, etc.
#17vashtrichamPosted 11/1/2013 7:40:53 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...

I normally would say that's an excuse for the fact that the NBA game will still run at 1080p on Xbox One, COD doesn't use nearly as much hardware as BF does what happened there? this is an issue of the devs having trouble with the new consoles not an issue of which one is better than the other. I do hope they get it right soon from both console sides.

More power+easier to develop for = Ps4 is better
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#18straymatterPosted 11/1/2013 7:52:25 AM(edited)
triple s posted...
straymatter posted...
uptown710 posted...

The main difference is this game will have advantage over the PC version. Is developed primarily for the consoles.
Even last gen version will have advantage over PC version.
Also FIFA 14 on next gen will feature the Ignite engine, and will be superior to the PC version which will have the Impact engine.

Explain to me how the last gen would have an advantage over the PC version of NBA2K14?

NBA2K14 is primarily made for last gen consoles. This year being built separate on both gen consoles.
The PC version will likely suffer similar fate from NBA2K13. To run across multiple PCs.

http://www.nba-live.com/nba-2k13-pc-differences-from-console-versions/
#19chrish909Posted 11/1/2013 7:42:52 AM
triple s posted...
chrish909 posted...
triple s posted...
chrish909 posted...

I find it hilarious that you automatically jumped to me wanting the PS4 version to look better. For the record, upscaling is not some new invention the Xbox One invented as it has been available on the Xbox 360 for a long time. So if an Xbox One game is 720p and the PS4 version is at 900p like BF4, the PS4 version will look sharper than the Xbox One version upscaled to 1080p. Upscaling doesn't magically produce pixels to give a better image. The PS4 is a more powerful console than the Xbox One, plain and simple.

This is denial. Truth hurts bro Im sorry. The x1 upscaler makes the gfx better. I know that totally defys your last post but it does. Dem textures bro, its already happening x1 version of bf4 will look better than a ps4 version if they are both played on 720p tvs.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#20straymatterPosted 11/1/2013 7:43:47 AM
Dionysus posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
uptown710 posted...

Both games are much more demanding than a basketball game, so you can't make any meaningful comparison there. BF4 does appear to be more demanding than Ghosts, and that's probably why BF4 is only 900p on the PS4. The PS4 runs both games at a higher res than the XBone because it is more powerful, which we've all known for months.
Also Battlefield 4 is built and optimized for the PC. Similar with COD Ghosts. Both of these games are expected to have higher sales on PC and PS3 and 360. Also Wii U version has separate developer.