Azure and Gaming - global outage

#31ExempliGratiaPosted 11/5/2013 1:32:10 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Hey if the cloud goes down that may make some games that require its features unplayable, what do you think of that?
Yeah? Well PSN was down for a month!!!
Who said anything about psn? you dont even have a playstation, I was asking what you'd do if the MS cloud failed
*Looks blankly instead of conceding defeat*

"Instead of admitting our own consoles shortcomings, we'll bring up times were we won in the past, even though XBL got hacked a lot more times, & when sony were hacked, they kept it down purposely so they could improve the system but i'll just ignore the latter"

Thats what it feels like when you confront peoples statements with facts here.

When did xbox live get hacked? Show me some links. I really want to know if this was true.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#32JusticeSwordPosted 11/5/2013 1:49:30 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3045-20/forums/whos-had-their-xbox-live-account-hacked-515313/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/8906043/Xbox-Live-customers-hacked-in-fresh-cyber-fraud-case.html

Therws more but those are the cases where something happened, I dont recall any money being stolen as a result of the psn hack though.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#33ExempliGratiaPosted 11/5/2013 1:55:50 PM
JusticeSword posted...
http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3045-20/forums/whos-had-their-xbox-live-account-hacked-515313/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/Xbox/8906043/Xbox-Live-customers-hacked-in-fresh-cyber-fraud-case.html

Therws more but those are the cases where something happened, I dont recall any money being stolen as a result of the psn hack though.

Lmao

But The Sun claimed that “thousands” of customers of the popular entertainment console were hit in 35 countries. Criminals were said to have made “millions of pounds” by tricking customers into disclosing personal vital information.

That is social engineering. Not a hack. Your first link was a forum post. Give me some real links please.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#34touyamizrahiPosted 11/5/2013 2:05:22 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
PSN going down wouldn't make single player games complete unplayable, like Azure going down when games are cloud reliant.

Games like Sim City 5 or Diablo 3 are 100% unplayable when the servers are down for their respective companies, with the trend going more and more towards this style of anti-consumer DRM, and the way Microsoft has liked the idea of making customers jump through 30 hoops to even play the games they've bought, it's not a far stretch to see this.

Think of the original DRM check from E3, but the servers are non-responsive for a long time.

GFWL is my favorite example, which had intermitten MONTHS of downtime, and made a section of my library unplayable, and it's why I'm very against the model, outside of pure online games, the internet and outside servers should never be put on as a requirement.

PSN servers going down for a month didn't make the Playstation 3 a brick, like it could do for the Xbox if they want to keep going with "CLOUD WILL MAKE UP THE 45% HARDWARE GAP" argument.

THANK YOU Azane! Someone who understands!

*begins to say thankful prayers to the gods of understanding*

The PSN getting hacked and going down, honestly, I didn't even notice until about the last week, because I was still playing my games the whole time. I don't own a lot of multiplayer games on the PS3, so don't come in here whining that FPS online games are all that exist.

Azure or "the cloud" going down means like it was pointed out previously, you can't play those single player games. Or if your inet goes down you can't play those games.

And for you people who posted earlier going "PSN had all this info stolen and all I got was 1-2 free games.." what did you PERSONALLY lose? NOTHING. You lost nothing and got 1-2 free games, and complain. When MS services go down, and come back up and you get nothing other than a "Too bad, they were down but now they're back, stfu and go play" from MS, you act like they just gave you a cheque for a billion dollars....

But yup, the PS4 supporters are the trolls....yup.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#35JusticeSwordPosted 11/5/2013 2:15:40 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...
JusticeSword posted...

Lmao

But The Sun claimed that “thousands” of customers of the popular entertainment console were hit in 35 countries. Criminals were said to have made “millions of pounds” by tricking customers into disclosing personal vital information.

That is social engineering. Not a hack. Your first link was a forum post. Give me some real links please.

Since you asked nicely I will later, th rest of my post still stands though, whenever anyone critiscizes an aspect of X1 even if its a terrible objectively aspect, its either ignored or compared to the ps3 or 4s aspects often times unrelated aspects, would it be so hard to concede the X1 has some faults? you would think so, theres only a few X1 supporters here who acknowledge certain facts.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#36ILikesCheesePosted 11/6/2013 3:10:34 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...
When did xbox live get hacked? Show me some links. I really want to know if this was true.

Xbox Live has gone down three times since last christmas (usually over the course of an entire weekend) due to hackers that I know of. These hacks attacked the servers directly and had nothing to do with personal accounts. They had to do with hacker SuperDae either directly or indirectly though his association with other hackers, both before and after his arrest in February. Google it.
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
:D